Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 152. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 156
September 24, 2017, 08:17:33 AM
Saving and investing aren't too different in the crypto world since they sometimes combine due to Bitcoin volatility . Although it sometimes goes down , just wating for it's value to go up is an investment . Investing in other business too can make you gain some funds but you should be aware of scammers since there are plenty of them in this particular field .
Activity: 358
Merit: 100
September 24, 2017, 08:07:23 AM
and if you lose some of your money you will talk to your self like "i should back my money and if i failed again i never gamble".
And even after loosing shit load of money in gambling you will still think that I can get back all I've lost by gambling.
That is the reason why gamblers get in debt.

if you ready to gambling its mean youre ready to lost your coin.
gambling have hypnotize to someone that play it. if he loss he will play again because he will more curious about taste of win
Activity: 994
Merit: 103
September 24, 2017, 07:49:50 AM
Im doing both of them, i always save half of  the profit that i get from investing, and then the other will be added to my investments. I always do this every month everytime i invest on ico.
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
www.guestcrew.com
September 24, 2017, 07:47:56 AM
both are important, you can't say one's better than the other. I suggest you save some then invest some, but never ever invest money you can't afford to lose.
Yeah, never invest you can't afford to lose.  You can invest some and then save half of them, with your investment probably going up and you can get additional income from saving.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
September 24, 2017, 07:41:48 AM
Invest to grow your money. Investment is the next move after saving your money. Investing is a risk. Its better to invest to get higher return. It is also important to have a good investment whether its tangible or intangible, its very important to know what you are investing. In the end  its all about the return we get or how much we are willing to loose.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
September 24, 2017, 07:30:29 AM
Basically, we have to save money first. Save for an emergency fund at least 6months of our salary. If we want to grow our money, the best way is to invest the money in excess of our emergency fund. We must keep in mind that investment is long term and risky that's why keeping or saving for an emergency fund is very important in order to keep our investment also. Just remember, save for emergency fund or daily expenses; invest to grow your money.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
September 24, 2017, 07:28:24 AM
"Saving money" means investing in your local fiat currency, usually with a middle man (the bank).

So the question is : what is the best investment, usual fiat money with a middle man or another investment ?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
September 24, 2017, 07:22:05 AM
saving is a safest way for our money but if we want to gain a profit from it we need to put it in investment so that you will earn more income even you didn't doing much but it will become risky if you didn't analyze the investment site that you wanted to join because there are many scam now that appear in the way of investment. Its up to you if you want to save it or invest it
rfj
Activity: 214
September 24, 2017, 12:35:07 AM
Both. You need to save money: first, for emergency purpose,  second, for your future, and third, for your needs and wants. When you already have enough money on your savings you can now put your excess money in another level which call "investment". Investment can bring you more profit. But it's risky so be careful  always background check.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
September 23, 2017, 11:42:52 PM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

For me both are better savings can be used in emergency fund and other expenses needed while investments could be long term short term or in kind. In investment there is a possibility to earn a much bigger profit like in real estate crypto currency etc. So they are both better just be wise on where to use your money.
Indeed, both are important and best to have. Savings will help you to feel safer than before you have money that can sustain and help you to pay the possible expenses if there will be an emergency while investment will help you to make your money grow and keep growing it exponentially if you will decide for long term investments like stocks, cryptocurrency and other more.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
September 23, 2017, 06:23:07 PM
Gold is not an investment really, its a form of currency but there is no ongoing business as its just a plain holding.   Same for any other commodity, silver, iron, wheat, oil and even BTC.    An investment typically gives some kind of yield because you are part of a business operation.

So gold helps liquidity and to retain wealth and allows investment capital to be available even cash might otherwise be rare.  Gold is typically easy to realise as cash or in trade because its totally fungible.   I'm arguing against any of those things just they arent really investment, profits might occur but its speculative and based on the currency you sell to buy it and then to trade back to.  What I'm saying really is the dollar may depreciate vs gold, your investment is a view that dollar is weaker then gold which long term has proven true.   Gold didnt do anything for that occur, it was the dollar which depreciated not that gold appreciated or any that investment return happened.

Re: OP a similar question I think is it better to Rent or to buy Housing is a similar question.  Sometimes the price is wrong
Activity: 224
September 23, 2017, 06:07:36 PM
     If I have plenty of money 50% of  it will be invested in real estate because it is one of the best way to make money and build wealth especially from rental incomes. Properties also increase it's value in a long period.

I will invest 15% of it in gold. It is also a good form of investment as a way of diversifying risk especially using it for future contracts.

Another 15% for online investment because i find it interesting with a promising profit then the rest will be saved at the bank for future use and emergencies.
Activity: 325
Merit: 136
September 23, 2017, 05:01:48 PM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

For me both are better savings can be used in emergency fund and other expenses needed while investments could be long term short term or in kind. In investment there is a possibility to earn a much bigger profit like in real estate crypto currency etc. So they are both better just be wise on where to use your money.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 422
September 23, 2017, 04:30:48 PM
Prioritize bank not as the best choice for your money. Investment makes money grow better and commensurate with the risks in it depending on what you invest. Bitcoin is scintillating, why not to invest in bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
September 23, 2017, 02:32:36 PM
better both of them because sparing is also important and investing is also important because saving and investing is useful for the future, by saving and investing then the future will be better ...

I agree with you.  I also want to do the same but I have to atleast save some for emergency.  Then after I have my target savings I will invest my money on different things.  I would like also to have a business for me not to go to work anymore.
Activity: 560
September 23, 2017, 02:25:22 PM
For me who is categorized as young, investing is a good choice as provision for old days when not able to make money. Saving money is less profitable according to my calculations, except saving in the form bitcoin.
Activity: 203
Was that was it was?
September 23, 2017, 02:08:17 PM
both are important, you can't say one's better than the other. I suggest you save some then invest some, but never ever invest money you can't afford to lose.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 23, 2017, 01:11:44 PM
divide your money into a few components and make some deposit, expenditure, and cash in hand. For now, financial institution is not absulutely protected any more, this kind of as Greek personal debt disaster.
Activity: 322
September 23, 2017, 06:05:26 AM

For me it is better to do it both, in case of emergency when somthing happens you always have a back up plan. And besides holding your money on bitcoins is also a form of investment. Because we all know that bitcoins value always rises from time to time. And that the great thing about bitcoins you can have a profit without doing anything but holding your coins. That is why a lot of people are getting in to this because it is a very easy job. But inspite of being a great investment their value might also drops so just be ready to take risk.
Activity: 574
September 23, 2017, 05:54:35 AM
invest is better than you save in bank. if you save you will pay every month for bank. if invest is possible you get more money when sell it
Jump to: