Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 573. (Read 1181208 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
February 25, 2016, 09:28:05 AM
Both are very good. I think. I think with saving money you dont lose your money and you will have always money later.
If you are going to invest than there will be a chance that you can earn some good money so that you will have a lot of money later. But there is a risk that you also can lose some money with making an investment.

well, with saving you have some sort of safety, yes, but while everything in real life gets more expensive, your savings account's interest rate can't keep up with that. that's why people get happy if their somewhat safe investment in stocks for example brings them 5-10% interest per year. that's considered to be a very decent return for a low risk investment. and investing in bitcoin will bring you even more return.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 25, 2016, 09:20:25 AM
Both are very good. I think. I think with saving money you dont lose your money and you will have always money later.
If you are going to invest than there will be a chance that you can earn some good money so that you will have a lot of money later. But there is a risk that you also can lose some money with making an investment.
Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
February 25, 2016, 08:22:36 AM
Its good to invest right now, the price is good that is the first thing that is important of course, another thing is that is important is the future.
The future is also good because of the halving that is coming so invest now and make a lot more profit than on your bank account by savings.

Halving is yet to come and people keep saying that the price will increase in the future after the halving. As far as I can tell, the price has increased alot even before halving, it seems thia hype of halving is doing its work and people keep on buying bitcoin everyday which makes the price increase however all of these people will surely sell their btc at the future to get what they spent back

The price rise last year is not due to the halving. The price rise from $450 to $1xxx in the future is due to halving.
So if this is true, it is better to saving it. Yes? Another thing is that if all people prevent from spending and continue saving it can decrease prices.
Can anyone help me in this regard?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 25, 2016, 08:19:07 AM
Its good to invest right now, the price is good that is the first thing that is important of course, another thing is that is important is the future.
The future is also good because of the halving that is coming so invest now and make a lot more profit than on your bank account by savings.
certainly the first time to invest in bitcoin, is look at the price, if the current price is rising, of course I would not take the risk to invest right away. better to be patient and find the right time

Yeah you cannot invest if the price is rising, but I believe the present price is also good to invest some money into it, as it is expected that the price will cross $500 after the block halving.
Activity: 159
February 25, 2016, 08:16:33 AM

Halving is yet to come and people keep saying that the price will increase in the future after the halving. As far as I can tell, the price has increased alot even before halving, it seems thia hype of halving is doing its work and people keep on buying bitcoin everyday which makes the price increase however all of these people will surely sell their btc at the future to get what they spent back

The price rise last year is not due to the halving. The price rise from $450 to $1xxx in the future is due to halving.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
February 25, 2016, 03:57:57 AM
certainly the first time to invest in bitcoin, is look at the price, if the current price is rising, of course I would not take the risk to invest right away. better to be patient and find the right time
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
February 25, 2016, 03:18:09 AM

You are extremely correct. Panic buying and demands are coming for the foreseen rise of bitcoin due to halving. I guess they see it going really high after a few months or weeks. It is spreading news so many are storing to see what can happen to their bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1064
February 25, 2016, 01:34:20 AM

Activity: 672
February 24, 2016, 04:46:57 PM
Activity: 714
February 24, 2016, 09:58:35 AM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Investment is better ofcourse, because when you invest the your saving also grow.
Just keeping it in the bank will make it improve no further.
I agree with this, in the future if your investment will grow then it will benefit you and make some profit on it. but if you will save it on a cold wallet then you have nothing to gain, you must choose on what you want to do and make a smart decision on it. so mostly suggest to invest.

Its important to manage your wealth. 100% in investment is crazy. Youll have to figure out what risks you can afford and willing to take. Investments may bring you profits or may cause u to lose big time
Both are really good. But you must dont put all your money in your investment that is not good. I hope later that more people will understand that save money also is good.
And that more people even use Bitcoin that will be great for the future.

You dont know that is coming. And I think both are very good to do.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
February 24, 2016, 09:57:18 AM
My latest move was buying MAID, now it's gone down, im testing waters, I still think the coin is insanely undervalued, therefore I consider rebuying in a couple of days, i'll keep waiting and waiting, until I achieve my goal, and i'll sell a % that covers my initial investment, and hold until im happy with it.

If it is not a scam coin and has some usage, when the price is low, it is good time to buy some more.

Better read more and understand your investment before committing. Never participate unless you understand your target sufficiently.
Activity: 159
February 24, 2016, 09:22:32 AM
My latest move was buying MAID, now it's gone down, im testing waters, I still think the coin is insanely undervalued, therefore I consider rebuying in a couple of days, i'll keep waiting and waiting, until I achieve my goal, and i'll sell a % that covers my initial investment, and hold until im happy with it.

If it is not a scam coin and has some usage, when the price is low, it is good time to buy some more.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
February 24, 2016, 02:05:25 AM
My latest move was buying MAID, now it's gone down, im testing waters, I still think the coin is insanely undervalued, www.casesam.co.uk therefore I consider rebuying in a couple of days, i'll keep waiting and waiting, until I achieve my goal Casesam Samsung S7 case, and i'll sell a % that covers my initial investment, and hold until im happy with it.
Activity: 210
February 24, 2016, 01:03:27 AM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Investment is better ofcourse, because when you invest the your saving also grow.
I agree with this, in the future if your investment will grow then it will benefit you and make some profit on it. but if you will save it on a cold wallet then you have nothing to gain, you must choose on what you want to do and make a smart decision on it. so mostly suggest to invest.

Its important to manage your wealth. 100% in investment is crazy. Youll have to figure out what risks you can afford and willing to take. Investments may bring you profits or may cause u to lose big time
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 24, 2016, 12:54:22 AM

February 24, 2016, 12:44:50 AM
It would be pretty good if you invest right now because of the halving that is coming this year, if you invest now you can make profit if you sell your bitcoins on the right moment.

Just invest and hold your bitcoins for a while to make profit, its as simple as that it gets not more simpler than that.

You can consider investing your current bitcoins into certain areas such as an interest paying wallet (magnr) or margin funding (bitfinex/poloniex)
February 23, 2016, 05:49:07 PM
Indeed, the best way is to make your homework thoroughly and you'll be 99% fine.

Yeah, that's true, different individual have different way of thinking, some find saving is a better option, and the person who holds good capital at initial stage would prefer to go with investments.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 23, 2016, 05:28:56 PM
Indeed, the best way is to make your homework thoroughly and you'll be 99% fine.
Activity: 546
February 23, 2016, 04:49:36 PM
Investing is a way of saving, I think. So, you don't spend the money just put it somewhere where can become even bigger. Of coure, if you do it carefuly, otherwise you may lose your savings totaly.

Investing with bitcoin is quite difficult at the moment We will have too many scammers around us.

I agree with you, scammers now found a new currency to rip off someone which made them hard to trace. But we can still avoid them, just be vigilant and do a research on the investment programs you want to do business with. I still invest my bitcoins though, despite of lots of scam sites out there, but I always conduct a deep research first and make sure the program is paying before risking some coins with it. Its hard though
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
February 23, 2016, 04:45:19 PM
It would be pretty good if you invest right now because of the halving that is coming this year, if you invest now you can make profit if you sell your bitcoins on the right moment.

Just invest and hold your bitcoins for a while to make profit, its as simple as that it gets not more simpler than that.

You are right, and price is also pretty much down as compared to where it was before...
Everyone's talking of seeing a new ATH this year, so even if we won't be able to see such, at least we are to witness $800 - $900 for sure...
I've seen people talking about a new ATH every year since the great 1k bubble... the fact is many people on the forum are way too optimistic, that's why they're spending their time on a crypto forum instead of casually holding some.

I think we may end up poking around the 600+ area for a little bit later in the year, but I really don't think we're going to be having another massive bubble.  That would involve tons of media attention to get new investors involved, China going nuts, and the bagholders from the last big one not selling out when they got the chance...  in other words, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder than ever before to hit a new ATH.
Jump to: