Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 601. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
January 16, 2016, 07:54:48 PM
Saving is always good. Some money should be used for living, some for investments and at least 1/3 for saving.
Without savings, life is very very risky..

Saving is just actually the same with investment. The difference will be the interest rate , you get more if you invest rather than you save since the interest rate in saving is not gonna be able to keep up with the inflation rate so you are losing your money every year and it is not really any difference with keeping your money save in a locker
Right. You still bear the same chance of losing out on money, with the possibility of a bank collapse. You essentially invest in both cases, but I prefer going with stocks and other investment opportunities that have more rewarding benefits.

Imagine those early Apple and Google investors now! If you participate in bitcoin, you're already investing in it. Your time.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
January 16, 2016, 07:41:49 PM
Saving is always good. Some money should be used for living, some for investments and at least 1/3 for saving.

Saving is just actually the same with investment. The difference will be the interest rate , you get more if you invest rather than you save since the interest rate in saving is not gonna be able to keep up with the inflation rate so you are losing your money every year and it is not really any difference with keeping your money save in a locker
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 16, 2016, 04:46:49 PM
Activity: 994
January 16, 2016, 03:03:09 PM
I would invest an amount what you can afford to lose into Bitcoins as a long term investment. I think you will
earn more than the low interest on your bank account.

Yeah with the current price action it's very hard to make a reasonable profit on the short them.
Long term is quite easy to make some profit with btc.

Earning with interest on a bank savings account isn't worth it if you need to pay taxes on your holdings.
Activity: 334
January 16, 2016, 01:55:47 PM
I would invest an amount what you can afford to lose into Bitcoins as a long term investment. I think you will
earn more than the low interest on your bank account.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
January 16, 2016, 01:49:19 PM
It is better to invest most of your money due to inflation.

yeah.... buying bitcin at inflation price is good idea Smiley
but holding bitcoin is best choice to your bitcoin , keep calm , keep hold andd keep earning bitcoin

I too would prefer saving rather than investing. Being a Average income guy I don't have much to invest directly as investment requires huge capital so at present would prefer to save money in some savings plans and once i have good fund in hand will go for some good investment products.

If you have a source of income it's fine but not all has a decent and average source of income so investing is the right thing to do to be able to make space for their saving financial goal.
Merit: 505
January 16, 2016, 10:45:03 AM
Well this a pretty retarded question. Of course it is better to invest money. That's kind of obvious.

Saving money it's an investment as well and no it's not neceseraly better to invest your money, you can always lose from the investment, even all the money you invested.
Activity: 378
January 16, 2016, 03:13:05 AM
Well this a pretty retarded question. Of course it is better to invest money. That's kind of obvious.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 16, 2016, 02:46:41 AM
Saving the money in the bank or invest it, has it flaw. They are both in a long term of period especially if you wish to gain a lot. Though their is one option that you will really gain a lot in a shorter term, invest on a HIGH RISK investment.
Activity: 644
Merit: 509
January 15, 2016, 09:36:44 PM

yeah.... buying bitcin at inflation price is good idea Smiley
but holding bitcoin is best choice to your bitcoin , keep calm , keep hold andd keep earning bitcoin
legendary
January 15, 2016, 07:43:20 PM
For me it all depends on your goals and financial situation..

You are making a new goal by either saving or investing right now. If you are investing then you are setting a new goal for yourself so if you want some better future then start investing, in bitcoin exactly since the crash right now could be an opportunity to get it cheap while it still lasted because this crash will soon make a rebound
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
January 14, 2016, 11:52:27 PM
in my opinion money for saving, but for investment is bitcoin, cause the price is fluctuactive.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
January 14, 2016, 10:14:21 PM
For me it all depends on your goals and financial situation..
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 14, 2016, 09:38:43 PM
I would rather save my money because i observed with my parents that they invest in banks but when they will withdraw, it takes time not as how much banks accepts the money. And liken other bitcoiner said, saving in bank is just loaning it to other people etc.

Save it and make a sure investments like small business establishments that has a good marketing.
Activity: 518
January 14, 2016, 07:44:43 PM
The only problem is, if you let your money sleep in banks or anywhere you save it, it loses its purchasing power overtime and loses its value. If you do not invest your saved money, it loses to inflation. Remember, your 1 dollar today does not have the same purchasing power 20 years ago.

You need to learn more about what inflation is because Inflation rises cause purchasing power to be lower as well but still it is much better to invest your money into something stable to prevent it from getting inflation and of course lowering your money from time to time so gold is the best choice to invest in

so you wouldn't suggest everyone to invest in bitcoin? okay wise action are to invest in gold.
nowadays i prefer invest in bitcoin so in the future we will never regret again like " why i didn't buy bitcoin when the price still $400 in 2016 "
in my opinion future investment are bitcoin, gold in second place. so invest your money in bitcoin it's more than savings.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
January 14, 2016, 06:48:36 PM
The only problem is, if you let your money sleep in banks or anywhere you save it, it loses its purchasing power overtime and loses its value. If you do not invest your saved money, it loses to inflation. Remember, your 1 dollar today does not have the same purchasing power 20 years ago.

You need to learn more about what inflation is because Inflation rises cause purchasing power to be lower as well but still it is much better to invest your money into something stable to prevent it from getting inflation and of course lowering your money from time to time so gold is the best choice to invest in
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
January 14, 2016, 09:15:10 AM
I just wanna add, if you are confused what to do, whether you invest or save it, just always remeber saving your money is securing it for future while investing your money is risking it for profit. Now which is better? It will depend on you but personally its better to secure your future Wink

Activity: 952
January 14, 2016, 08:50:12 AM
I just wanna add, if you are confused what to do, whether you invest or save it, just always remeber saving your money is securing it for future while investing your money is risking it for profit. Now which is better? It will depend on you but personally its better to secure your future Wink

What you are saying is correct, if you can afford to take risks then investing is the better option but if you want to play safe then I believe savings can take care of it, but saving won't give you better life as you need to think twice before spending,but you invest and luck favors you then you can have comfortable life in future.
Activity: 546
January 14, 2016, 06:10:13 AM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 14, 2016, 03:38:55 AM

inflation was negative last year and this year is not worse than 2015, so you're not always to lose your money if you don't invest

i think in those year where you see that the inflation will increase too much it's better to invest otherwise just save

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/CurrentInflation.asp
Jump to: