Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 644. (Read 1181208 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
September 15, 2015, 09:52:36 PM
always better to invest, since there is inflation - just look at BTC now
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
September 15, 2015, 09:31:01 PM
when i joined it has a good ammount paying well on time,on that time ROI were around 6 months,and is lifetime soo i were expecting to get profit even knowing it would decrease,but well difficult raised too much and fee raised a lot,about zen project i had enter almost at same time as genesis the diference were i did roi and took some profit,because we could sell our hashlets... and people were exited to xpy not regret to had invest low ammount i dont believe how lucky i were to left those project before full scam.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
September 15, 2015, 03:35:56 PM
On the initial topic, definitely invest

If you just hold on to money, your purchasing power is constantly decreasing due to inflation

and long term investing has time and time proven its profitability (of course, along with its risks).

Diversify your portfolio

If you should recommend anyone to invest: how much of your money in savings should someone invest? How much money should someone have in order to start investing?

I think everyone should atleast have a decent buffer: an xx.xxx amount of money before they even think about investing: you should always have money to cover (unexpected) costs. Some of the long term investments do not have to possibilty to withdraw your money early.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 15, 2015, 12:16:23 PM
On the initial topic, definitely invest

If you just hold on to money, your purchasing power is constantly decreasing due to inflation

and long term investing has time and time proven its profitability (of course, along with its risks).

Diversify your portfolio
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
September 15, 2015, 03:18:26 AM
Bitcoin has given us a big capability of being save money and being invested at the same time. Any financial adviser will emphasis us to be invested. So, save money in bitcoin which is equivalent to investment.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
September 14, 2015, 07:33:19 PM
when i had invested mine bitcoins at genesis mining it were paying daily and much more then now,they say that they need to cover the fees soo they get 0,01 fee above,and at some point they started to loose money soo they forced users to mine only bitcoin,were possible to mine altcoins before....anyway as i said i had invested 20 dollars that i may recover in 5 years ,soo my advice is avoid them,hold it or try exchanges

You really have to calculate whether you are even going to ROI when you invest in a cloud mining service (or other kinds of mining contracts).

I was one of the Lucky ones who got quite early into ZenPool / ZenMining; as we were also able to sell our contracts for even more than we had paid for this, I made a great profit. About 400% I guess, although I did not really invest a lot.  Unfortunately..
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
September 14, 2015, 07:30:39 PM
when i had invested mine bitcoins at genesis mining it were paying daily and much more then now,they say that they need to cover the fees soo they get 0,01 fee above,and at some point they started to loose money soo they forced users to mine only bitcoin,were possible to mine altcoins before....anyway as i said i had invested 20 dollars that i may recover in 5 years ,soo my advice is avoid them,hold it or try exchanges
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
September 14, 2015, 03:16:38 PM
well most hyips paying well last for around 6 months why? well people invest and get their profit about the 2-3 months ,then they reinvest and more ,why,because they believe those interest will generate more interest this way a good scam last more time then others.I remember one program i gues were justbeenpaid that you bought a share for 10 dollars and they clean some shares and start all over again this way they said the program were stable.

Most of these hyips sites are scam sites and many people lost their money in these sites. I think better avoid investing in these sites and save your coins.
Yes, you are right, most hyips are scam. Many people claims that they can make much money from HYIPs but then when the hyips scams, they say nothing about it. so dont invest our money to hyips

Sometimes I wonder if these people that talk good things of HYIPs, are in fact early investors, trying to bring lambs to the slaughter.

Earlier these sites used to pay at least few days for initial investors but now a days these sites are closing just after couple of days so no one is benefiting just a pure scam. Just avoid them
Yeah thats is a ponzi scheme, so that you should avoid and ignore that site, they will scam your invested coins.

Every day new scam sites are borning. Today, is very hard to find a legit site to invest.

For example, I didn't invest my coins yet. I'm keeping them in my wallet while I am waiting for the growing currency.
Theres so many sites that is legit, just asked those account users that have a signatures campaign that the owner has an investment site.

Well, choosing a place to invest is never easy you need to do your due diligence and research, however HYIPs are complete scams.
Activity: 840
September 14, 2015, 02:13:40 PM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

just save it on a secured bank or just hide it somewhere on your house Grin and also save it from a lot of scam site nowadays online, its not a good idead investing online
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
September 14, 2015, 11:31:34 AM
well most hyips paying well last for around 6 months why? well people invest and get their profit about the 2-3 months ,then they reinvest and more ,why,because they believe those interest will generate more interest this way a good scam last more time then others.I remember one program i gues were justbeenpaid that you bought a share for 10 dollars and they clean some shares and start all over again this way they said the program were stable.

Most of these hyips sites are scam sites and many people lost their money in these sites. I think better avoid investing in these sites and save your coins.
Yes, you are right, most hyips are scam. Many people claims that they can make much money from HYIPs but then when the hyips scams, they say nothing about it. so dont invest our money to hyips

Sometimes I wonder if these people that talk good things of HYIPs, are in fact early investors, trying to bring lambs to the slaughter.

Earlier these sites used to pay at least few days for initial investors but now a days these sites are closing just after couple of days so no one is benefiting just a pure scam. Just avoid them
Yeah thats is a ponzi scheme, so that you should avoid and ignore that site, they will scam your invested coins.

Every day new scam sites are borning. Today, is very hard to find a legit site to invest.

For example, I didn't invest my coins yet. I'm keeping them in my wallet while I am waiting for the growing currency.
Theres so many sites that is legit, just asked those account users that have a signatures campaign that the owner has an investment site.
legendary
Activity: 1092
September 14, 2015, 10:02:27 AM
Saving is means that you are setting aside money not to be spent or just want to buy something in near future and Investing means that you are putting money somewhere such that you expect that investment to rise in value so that you achieve a profit or at least grow in line with inflation. So saving and investing both are different.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin and co.
September 14, 2015, 09:57:07 AM
Guys stay away from cloudmining for God's sake. People are telling you this loud and clear above my posts, but I will repeat it again. For the moment, there is one reputable cloudmining service and this is Hashnest, I haven't heard about another one.

All of the cloudmining services turn out to be a scam sooner or later since it's easier for them just to stop paying people when they see their business has gone South than to honor their word and pay you until the end. Mining is over for us little people altogether, cloud and ordinary mining.
Here is another current thread about cloudmining :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12409830

I wouldn't even waste a single minute of my precious time with all those cloud mining stuff. I feel sorry for those who have been scammed by these types of so-called 'investments'. I'd rather go trading than to waste my money on these kind of stuff. They'll act as a good samaritan in a month or two but won't be up for long. Ofcourse they have this all planned for awhile. While on trading, you can control your money and there's a good chance that you'll earn twice as you can earn in cloud mining in a month for just a day.
legendary
Activity: 1106
September 14, 2015, 09:56:51 AM
Investing in cloud mining was profitable back in the days, now that bitcoin worth has been falling very, very bad, it cannot actually cover the electricity fees and get you profit anymore. Other cloud mining sites that guarantees you 0.05 bitcoin per day for 1 bitcoin investment is a ponzi, just like pbmining.
I actually use Hash nest and invested several bitcoin into it. Actually got some profit for half a year. But now, because I reinvested in it and the prices of bitcoin fell, the worth of each ghs has fallen too. Now I have the same amount of bitcoin as I have invested before.

Well i think invest in cloud mining is not really profit anymore, with the diff always increased, you need a lot ghs to mining, better to invest in hardware mining if you want to mining. with cloudmining you need invest a lot ghs in first time when you want to invest.

How much you have been invested in hash net? how much you get profit per week or month?
i'm curious too.

it's the same actually, if you want to mine on your own you need tons of asic also, for good profit and for better earning when roi is achieved

cloud is good if you have expensive electricity

But with cloudmining the profit is not pure, isn't? i means the profit which i have earned is split between me and CM company?
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
September 14, 2015, 09:36:23 AM
Guys stay away from cloudmining for God's sake. People are telling you this loud and clear above my posts, but I will repeat it again. For the moment, there is one reputable cloudmining service and this is Hashnest, I haven't heard about another one.

All of the cloudmining services turn out to be a scam sooner or later since it's easier for them just to stop paying people when they see their business has gone South than to honor their word and pay you until the end. Mining is over for us little people altogether, cloud and ordinary mining.
Here is another current thread about cloudmining :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12409830
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 14, 2015, 03:18:39 AM
Investing in cloud mining was profitable back in the days, now that bitcoin worth has been falling very, very bad, it cannot actually cover the electricity fees and get you profit anymore. Other cloud mining sites that guarantees you 0.05 bitcoin per day for 1 bitcoin investment is a ponzi, just like pbmining.
I actually use Hash nest and invested several bitcoin into it. Actually got some profit for half a year. But now, because I reinvested in it and the prices of bitcoin fell, the worth of each ghs has fallen too. Now I have the same amount of bitcoin as I have invested before.

Well i think invest in cloud mining is not really profit anymore, with the diff always increased, you need a lot ghs to mining, better to invest in hardware mining if you want to mining. with cloudmining you need invest a lot ghs in first time when you want to invest.

How much you have been invested in hash net? how much you get profit per week or month?
i'm curious too.

it's the same actually, if you want to mine on your own you need tons of asic also, for good profit and for better earning when roi is achieved

cloud is good if you have expensive electricity
legendary
Activity: 1106
September 14, 2015, 02:54:42 AM

i'm curious too.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
September 14, 2015, 12:34:46 AM

It's good holding your bitcoins dude, keep it up. It is a better and safer way of growing your BTC than risking it on investment sites nowadays. Slowly but surely, just keep the faith!
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
September 13, 2015, 10:37:45 PM

hemm so you save and invest your bitcoin at hashnet ? now you get double ? how long you  invest at hashnet ?
im waiting other way to invest and grow my bitcoin aside from trading
Activity: 896
Merit: 508
September 13, 2015, 07:42:17 PM
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
Bitcoin Faucet & Blog
September 13, 2015, 12:43:23 PM

Jump to: