Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 654. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I personally use a half-half, i invested too and save money too. i invested in bitcoin, although invest in bitcoin is risk, but hey i'm bitcoin fans Grin and want to invest in commodities too.
a half i save for daily needs.

I Use btcinvestment,
Like you i wanted to have some real stocks in my btc`s not some crappy scam coins.
Where do bring your btc`s for commodities?

Still don't have any idea for bring my btc for commodities like gold, still looking for it.
but the simple thing is spend my btc to fiat than buy for gold, but you need to see a rate before, for get a more profit, i means when bitcoin price is reach high rate then exchange to fiat than buy a gold when gold price is low.

I agree, im waiting to for the BTC to reach at least 600usd before turning it into gold.
in the mean while, I Use a small portion off my BTC at btcinvestment
works good, also i buy a few alt coins but im never lucky whit those. so i don`t do much whit alt coins.
And for the rest its a waiting game for the BTC to rise up again Smiley.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
saving money is better imo. investing is a lot riskier but could potentially yield better results.

You should save first to invest money. From your saving based on your risk factor some portion need to invest for long term appreciation.

Saving -> Investing -> The profit or the Loss this is the cycle. If we have profit we invest again and again, everything is risky.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
Saving it to bitcoins and play trading in exchanger, and holding it,buying or selling till prices fluctuate are a better prospect, you can invest in property and gold as well when the markets are volatile,or even investing in very lucrative business,which stand to give you greater gains than keeping it in a bank

I won't advice anyone to invest in Bitcoin, gold or lucrative business if they do not have any spare money: these markets are still volatile. And, especially if you invest in for example real estate, it is not easy to get back your money when you need it. In that situation, it is better for people to save money on a bank account for in case they need it (to cover unexpected costs). As soon as people got a decent amount of spare money (and therefore be able to cover possible unexpected cost), then someone can look into investing..

That is Right, I think for a guy who have average salary, for him saving is the best way and  only way, as investment won't serve the purpose as it requires a capital at the initial stage and that is not that easy for a guy with average salary, so saving is best way to deal with  even at the time of emergencies you can use that money.
when you keep your money in the bank then the benefit is that investors who borrow money in the bank, and you will only get a little% interest, so it may be better to use methods of 50:50 or whatever you want

That's right, but the aim of saving money is not just the interest. Is also about saving money to be able to cover unexpected costs later on - or save money to buy other things you need (like another car).

The current interest is not really attractive. With the current taxes in the Netherlands, your likely to pay more tax than you earn interest on savings more than € 21.000. I've just read the governement is going to decrease these taxes, and are only going to tax your savings if you've got more than € 25.000 in savings (per person).

saving money for the future it is in need, but if the money is continuously invested in grow, is not tantamount to saving twice
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
The bitcoin price has fallen quite low recently, so I'd say it's better to invest at this current time. Depending on the circumstances, answers can be different though.

nothing major rally happen those are peanuts change, one who invested at 275 isn't going to lose big money because we crashed to 235, i'm sure that within one or two week we can return to the previous point

so you should've bought even before this crash and simply ignore it
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
saving money is better imo. investing is a lot riskier but could potentially yield better results.

You should save first to invest money. From your saving based on your risk factor some portion need to invest for long term appreciation.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 504
If we hold the money their value probably will be less in future so i think to invest something in smart projects

That's true, because money and cash has the problem of inflation. Even though Bitcoin has inflation too, the inflation is set to decrease by 50% every 4 years, which, in my opinion, is better than cash.

If you have any other business running then it's ok to hold cash (my opinion) but if you have all of them and dont know what to do, invest in smart projects.
Activity: 532
The bitcoin price has fallen quite low recently, so I'd say it's better to invest at this current time. Depending on the circumstances, answers can be different though.

The bitcoin price for 3 days has been increased. At 25 August it was around 200$ and in 28 August (Today) it has hit 234$ so the profit if someone hold 1 btc is 34$, which in percentage is 17%
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I personally use a half-half, i invested too and save money too. i invested in bitcoin, although invest in bitcoin is risk, but hey i'm bitcoin fans Grin and want to invest in commodities too.

I Use btcinvestment,
Like you i wanted to have some real stocks in my btc`s not some crappy scam coins.

Still don't have any idea for bring my btc for commodities like gold, still looking for it.
but the simple thing is spend my btc to fiat than buy for gold, but you need to see a rate before, for get a more profit, i means when bitcoin price is reach high rate then exchange to fiat than buy a gold when gold price is low.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Saving it to bitcoins and play trading in exchanger, and holding it,buying or selling till prices fluctuate are a better prospect, you can invest in property and gold as well when the markets are volatile,or even investing in very lucrative business,which stand to give you greater gains than keeping it in a bank

I won't advice anyone to invest in Bitcoin, gold or lucrative business if they do not have any spare money: these markets are still volatile. And, especially if you invest in for example real estate, it is not easy to get back your money when you need it. In that situation, it is better for people to save money on a bank account for in case they need it (to cover unexpected costs). As soon as people got a decent amount of spare money (and therefore be able to cover possible unexpected cost), then someone can look into investing..

That is Right, I think for a guy who have average salary, for him saving is the best way and  only way, as investment won't serve the purpose as it requires a capital at the initial stage and that is not that easy for a guy with average salary, so saving is best way to deal with  even at the time of emergencies you can use that money.
when you keep your money in the bank then the benefit is that investors who borrow money in the bank, and you will only get a little% interest, so it may be better to use methods of 50:50 or whatever you want

That's right, but the aim of saving money is not just the interest. Is also about saving money to be able to cover unexpected costs later on - or save money to buy other things you need (like another car).

The current interest is not really attractive. With the current taxes in the Netherlands, your likely to pay more tax than you earn interest on savings more than € 21.000. I've just read the governement is going to decrease these taxes, and are only going to tax your savings if you've got more than € 25.000 in savings (per person).
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Now that the price of Bitcoin has collapsed, now is the time to buy. I am HODLing my earnings from the signature campaign hoping for the XT stuff to clear up. By then the price will go up So right now it's better if I keep saving the bitcoins I earn from sig campaign and buy bitcoins to HODL.

for me holding bitcoin in price drop is best option to get more money  Grin
my fair rate to sell bitcoin is 250$ so if i can earning 0.035/week = 8.75$
it's good to pay some cost
Activity: 462
Merit: 251

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Now that the price of Bitcoin has collapsed, now is the time to buy. I am HODLing my earnings from the signature campaign hoping for the XT stuff to clear up. By then the price will go up So right now it's better if I keep saving the bitcoins I earn from sig campaign and buy bitcoins to HODL.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

I Use btcinvestment,
Anyways those guys delivered me some great results this year.
They are honest and have a great skype support!
Never missed a payment and always on time. why better then the bank.
Activity: 952

It is better to diversify our investments rather than depending on a single product, I would choose gold over bitcoins when it comes to an investment, as bitcoin is a new born baby and gold is traditional and also gold shares more market cap as compared to bitcoins, so I would invest partially in bitcoins and partially in the gold.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Activity: 532
One more vote for Investing, if you save money you are stuck there(still not bad) but let's work something and invest, i suggest in bitcoin or in Etherum as the price is cheap now.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
I think this is the right time to invest in bitcoin if you want to make your future safe and secure. The prices have collapsed right now so I believe investing at right time is more important just buy it and forget it
Activity: 631

Jump to: