Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 651. (Read 1181208 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 03, 2015, 06:54:43 AM
I think theres no point if you dont save money.

At a certain point in time when you make a ton of money, youre going to park it somewhere.

at that point i'm sure you would not need to make money anymore, everyone should have a threshold in the end

and aside from this you should use your money to have fun, otherwise why bothering with becoming rich?

Because becoming rich is fun per se, wtf. If it ain't, then you are using the wrong tools or approach

dunno i don't find it fun per se, i only find fun being able to buy everything that i want with the money, without the need to buy things money are useless, because it's like you can't use them
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
September 03, 2015, 05:18:29 AM
For me, i will just save it in a secured place rather than investing it. There's a high risk on investing, it's like gambling

I think it's depends on where you want to invest, you need to research first when you want to invest somewhere. at least your money which you save, you will spend it for your needs.

yes, this is because a lot of fraud, and at worst is that you lose all bticoin you have,.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 03, 2015, 05:18:04 AM

At a certain point in time when you make a ton of money, youre going to park it somewhere.

at that point i'm sure you would not need to make money anymore, everyone should have a threshold in the end

and aside from this you should use your money to have fun, otherwise why bothering with becoming rich?

Because becoming rich is fun per se, wtf. If it ain't, then you are using the wrong tools or approach
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
September 03, 2015, 03:50:48 AM
For me, i will just save it in a secured place rather than investing it. There's a high risk on investing, it's like gambling

I think it's depends on where you want to invest, you need to research first when you want to invest somewhere. at least your money which you save, you will spend it for your needs.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
September 03, 2015, 03:49:08 AM
You park your money at a bank.Bank leases money to individuals and corpaorations.If bank can not collect the money bank, bankrup and you lose your money.So why do not invest and carry your own risk instead of carrying sistematic and asystematic risks of the market.

That's why there are many government backed banks are there but their interest may be bit less. You should choose those kind of banks for long term investments not the private banks
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 03, 2015, 03:01:28 AM

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 03, 2015, 02:03:38 AM
calculate your earning, your needs n your risk, invest only what you wont regret if its gone
Activity: 994
September 03, 2015, 12:12:36 AM
You park your money at a bank.Bank leases money to individuals and corpaorations.If bank can not collect the money bank, bankrup and you lose your money.So why do not invest and carry your own risk instead of carrying sistematic and asystematic risks of the market.

a very strong point which people often do not question, bringing further a statement saying that it is uncommon for a bank to default like that, and if it were so, there wouldn't be any banks. Banks are often those financial institutions which launder money between each other to close records and maintain power in the market by flowing money constantly.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 02, 2015, 09:31:13 PM
the answer to this depends on the purpose
if you plan to go an a vacation or buy something then "save"
investing is more on the long term like for your future, so if you wan't to make sure that you have enough money by the time you reached 50, then "invest"

i think most people would love to do both.

Going on a vacation and buy something hence because they saved most of their life time to live comfortably.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 02, 2015, 08:41:50 PM
I`d do both. Its better to know that I have something fall back on for emergency and investing will be one aspect to grow my savings even more.

simple concept, but most dont do it.
Activity: 434
September 02, 2015, 07:36:15 PM

Activity: 826
September 02, 2015, 06:07:08 PM

Most people move their money, but yeah at some point in time a large amount will be there.

But for very brief moments, I have a rich friend who has more money in cash and in ameritrade trade account then just his bank.
Activity: 331
September 02, 2015, 04:25:21 PM
Activity: 538
September 02, 2015, 04:10:17 PM
Save or invest? The truth is that it doesn’t need to be a binary option, you can do both, both options are good but in a different way.

Saving is easier; just spend less than what you earn and you are already saving, saving is also cheaper, if you pay cash then you don’t need to pay interest rates and stuff like that.

Investing is putting your savings to work for you, and this is a lot harder, you’ll need to do research and due diligence in order to avoid scams and frauds, but if successful the rewards can be enormous, not only economic rewards but also intangibles, like less stress, more self confidence, etc.

I completely agree with this. Saving is easier and more certain. Investing is more difficult and risky, but you learn much more, you (could possibly) earn much more. It also depends on what you invest in.
It also has the possibility of becoming a full time job. And if you like putting your own money at stake for a living, it's good. I haven't been able to invest much, but I've already seen returns on the small amount I put forward. Even though the profit is $2, I feel good about it. I want it to be my job, and someday, it will. I dont think it's like gambling, gambling relies entirely on chance, and the house almost always wins. When you invest, you check what risks to run, you investigate the market, etc.

I personally prefer to invest than to save.
legendary
Activity: 896
September 02, 2015, 03:41:18 PM
anyone paying for bitcoin despite the cheap relative price points in your own view, is based on their own risk.

i think the price point is a delliusional concept in itself, its like predict on if the stock market basis.

but i rather save my money and earn the btc for free.

well, if you plan to make a long term investment then it will most likely pay off considerably. it's the short term that makes bitcoin a very unpredictable investment. but you're right regarding earning btc for free, there isn't a better alternative.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
September 02, 2015, 03:34:24 PM
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
September 02, 2015, 02:55:32 PM
anyone paying for bitcoin despite the cheap relative price points in your own view, is based on their own risk.

i think the price point is a delliusional concept in itself, its like predict on if the stock market basis.

but i rather save my money and earn the btc for free.
Activity: 364
September 02, 2015, 02:41:16 AM
I prefer to do saving. Sometimes, we will get high risks when we invests our money in someplace. Not always scamming, there are many risks over there, like your investment service has some bad time and then go bankrupt. But it's depend on you. If you don't want to use your money to fulfil your needs, just use invest your money.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
September 02, 2015, 02:20:12 AM
Save or invest? The truth is that it doesn’t need to be a binary option, you can do both, both options are good but in a different way.

Saving is easier; just spend less than what you earn and you are already saving, saving is also cheaper, if you pay cash then you don’t need to pay interest rates and stuff like that.

Investing is putting your savings to work for you, and this is a lot harder, you’ll need to do research and due diligence in order to avoid scams and frauds, but if successful the rewards can be enormous, not only economic rewards but also intangibles, like less stress, more self confidence, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
September 02, 2015, 01:37:24 AM
the answer to this depends on the purpose
if you plan to go an a vacation or buy something then "save"
investing is more on the long term like for your future, so if you wan't to make sure that you have enough money by the time you reached 50, then "invest"
Jump to: