Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 650. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2015, 01:05:09 PM
no i can understand it, as i said before to each his own, but it is something that i would never do, because i find it useless

In this case, did it never strike you that the ones who enjoy the process itself are usually better off beside those who find earning money boring as such (whether they spend later or not, I have to repeat this)?

yeah it's probably the reason why i'm not so good at treading, well another reason is because i don't like randomness, but we are always there, the same argument i would not care about them being better at something which i find useless in case i've already many of it

Randomness in trading means volatility, but every good trader loves volatility (since it provides an opportunity for profit)

well said, who'd really invest in bitcoin if it was so volatile? Volatility also kills of appreciation in investments and kills a lot of room for profit, if anybody who is really scared of volatility, bitcoin might not be the one who'd break a deal for em. For such cautous investors, there's bank deposits but looking at inflation, LOL. Govt bonds might be the safest way but the slowest way
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
September 04, 2015, 05:39:52 AM
no i can understand it, as i said before to each his own, but it is something that i would never do, because i find it useless

In this case, did it never strike you that the ones who enjoy the process itself are usually better off beside those who find earning money boring as such (whether they spend later or not, I have to repeat this)?

yeah it's probably the reason why i'm not so good at treading, well another reason is because i don't like randomness, but we are always there, the same argument i would not care about them being better at something which i find useless in case i've already many of it

Randomness in trading means volatility, but every good trader loves volatility (since it provides an opportunity for profit)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 04, 2015, 05:33:30 AM
saving money is better imo. investing is a lot riskier but could potentially yield better results.

You should save first to invest money. From your saving based on your risk factor some portion need to invest for long term appreciation.

Saving -> Investing -> The profit or the Loss this is the cycle. If we have profit we invest again and again, everything is risky.

Its a matter of if the game or the system you chose is in your favor.

And it should be implied for everything we do in finance, most people dont get that so everythings consider not reducing the risk they take.

As less risk as you take the profit i think will be the less too, this is the life you should risk to win Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
September 04, 2015, 02:34:16 AM
well but you have a purpose, to invest later, here we are talking about the simply accumulation of money without using even a penny for anything

If I remember your words correctly, you started by saying that earning is not fun, right?

In short, would you choose earning with fun or prefer to earn boringly?

earning per se, without using it to actually buying something, it just doesn't make sense to me, because money are meant to be spent in the end, like you buy an hair clipper, but you let it sit there in your room without using it and so on..

So it is beyond your comprehension that some (though I guess many actually) can derive pleasure (fun, in your terms) from the process itself, irrespective of further expenditure (or lack thereof)?

Activity: 584
September 03, 2015, 06:45:03 PM
better keep and save it so it will stay safe. when you invest it, there's a lot of risk , if you're unlucky , you'll end up losing all your money.

Not if you know what you're doing before running into investment. There are a bunch of options that don't have that much of a risk to experienced ones, but
it's true that risk grows proportionally to gains, so it's best not to be greedy when choosing an investment.
I would always choose investment over pure on holding and stashing, not only does it's likely to make a profit, but it's dynamical and interesting as well.
Activity: 756
September 03, 2015, 03:04:23 PM
investings a better choice if theres no risk,although that could mean the returns would be small. saving is not worth imo because inflation rate is always higher than the banks interest rate.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
September 03, 2015, 12:24:41 PM
better keep and save it so it will stay safe. when you invest it, there's a lot of risk , if you're unlucky , you'll end up losing all your money.
legendary
September 03, 2015, 11:58:38 AM
well but you have a purpose, to invest later, here we are talking about the simply accumulation of money without using even a penny for anything

If I remember your words correctly, you started by saying that earning is not fun, right?

earning per se, without using it to actually buying something, it just doesn't make sense to me, because money are meant to be spent in the end, like you buy an hair clipper, but you let it sit there in your room without using it and so on..

So it is beyond your comprehension that some (though I guess many actually) can derive pleasure (fun, in your terms) from the process itself, irrespective of further expenditure (or lack thereof)?

legendary
September 03, 2015, 11:51:06 AM

legendary
September 03, 2015, 11:48:53 AM

So it is beyond your comprehension that some (though, I guess, many actually) can derive pleasure (fun, in your terms) from the process itself, irrespective of further expenditure (or lack thereof)?
legendary
September 03, 2015, 10:18:22 AM
Besides that, there are a lot of things which are massively useless (or even outright harmful) but nevertheless still fun

well we have a different view to this thing, i don't find fun something which can be also useless , if something is truly fun it can't be useless for me

on this specific matter simply accumulating money without a purpose would not be a thing that i would consider fun, but to each his own...

to have an example of this, it's basically like accumulating many phone numbers of hot girls, without trying to fuck any of them, i would find this pretty pointless lol

I like the thought of becoming richer by saving up a medium-sized amount of money, then later investing it into all sorts of things. This wouldn't work in your analogy, though. I wouldn't be saving up phone numbers to get an even hotter girl Tongue

i would choose to earn with fun obvious, in the sense that if i want to earn bitcoin i would mine and not post 50 post a day, because i find mining very funny, especially altcoin, when it was profitable

but what i'm saying is that if i don't need to accumulate more bitcoin, i would simply not choose any way to earn more, i wouldn't do it only because i like mining, there must be a purpose for me to accumulate more money than what i need for living a good life
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
September 03, 2015, 10:17:14 AM
For me, i will just save it in a secured place rather than investing it. There's a high risk on investing, it's like gambling

I think it's depends on where you want to invest, you need to research first when you want to invest somewhere. at least your money which you save, you will spend it for your needs.

yes, this is because a lot of fraud, and at worst is that you lose all bticoin you have,.

AFAIK even secure place like bank can be collapse too. On my country I have bank that collapse or bail out because some of conspiracy.
So I can't tell not all place is secure but still the best place to save your money is decide by yourself
legendary
September 03, 2015, 10:15:14 AM
Besides that, there are a lot of things which are massively useless (or even outright harmful) but nevertheless still fun

well we have a different view to this thing, i don't find fun something which can be also useless , if something is truly fun it can't be useless for me

on this specific matter simply accumulating money without a purpose would not be a thing that i would consider fun, but to each his own...

to have an example of this, it's basically like accumulating many phone numbers of hot girls, without trying to fuck any of them, i would find this pretty pointless lol

I like the thought of becoming richer by saving up a medium-sized amount of money, then later investing it into all sorts of things. This wouldn't work in your analogy, though. I wouldn't be saving up phone numbers to get an even hotter girl Tongue

If I remember your words correctly, you started by saying that earning is not fun (for you), right?

legendary
September 03, 2015, 10:13:03 AM

Spending is a given, don't forget what I said. But since spending is fun, then you need to make earning into a fun too, in order to provide means for even wilder spending (more fun). And you get twice as much fun in the end, lol (while earning and while spending)...

Is it really so hard to understand?

it's not hard to understand, it simply that i don't find fun, accumulating and not using my money, that's it
legendary
September 03, 2015, 10:09:53 AM

Spending is a given, don't forget what I said. But since spending is fun, then you need to make earning into a fun too, in order to provide means for even wilder spending (more fun). And you get twice as much fun in the end, lol (while earning and while spending)...

Is it really so hard to understand?
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
September 03, 2015, 08:51:39 AM

legendary
September 03, 2015, 08:37:39 AM

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
September 03, 2015, 08:03:59 AM
For me, i will just save it in a secured place rather than investing it. There's a high risk on investing, it's like gambling

I think it's depends on where you want to invest, you need to research first when you want to invest somewhere. at least your money which you save, you will spend it for your needs.

yes, this is because a lot of fraud, and at worst is that you lose all bticoin you have,.

Why need to research so much if you don't know where to invest then go with well know save investment for long term gold. Surely it will appreciate in the long run.
legendary
September 03, 2015, 07:33:04 AM
legendary
September 03, 2015, 07:30:26 AM
I think theres no point if you dont save money.

At a certain point in time when you make a ton of money, youre going to park it somewhere.

at that point i'm sure you would not need to make money anymore, everyone should have a threshold in the end

and aside from this you should use your money to have fun, otherwise why bothering with becoming rich?

Because becoming rich is fun per se, wtf. If it ain't, then you are using the wrong tools or approach

dunno i don't find it fun per se, i only find fun being able to buy everything that i want with the money, without the need to buy things money are useless, because it's like you can't use them

The necessity to buy things is a given, so it is irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make (whether money is useless or not)

As I said, it is not fun since you're using a wrong approach. To better understand my point, you can look at this from another angle, that is, unless you get fun earning money (you name the process by which you actually get your pockets filled, lol), you won't be able to become rich (by your own effort, evidently)...
Jump to: