Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible to avoid all scams? - page 15. (Read 1977 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
November 14, 2021, 02:10:54 PM
I really hope there is a platform or project to certify a project, because if a new project runs and gets the certification,
I'm sure it will make investors enter easily, for now I still appreciate what Certik has done, it's amazing.
but unfortunately certik only certifies or audits the supply of the token.
Unless and until it is a government body you cannot trust these certification body as well. In the past there are plenty of review sites and initially i thought they are reviewing the project and the team before vouching for them, but that was not the case, they pay them handsomely to advertise their project and they shill the project and after raising millions they would run away with the money.

There is nothing much you can do to avoid the scams in the cryptocurrency space. Invest in the team that are willing to conduct live video AMA and if you are transparent then you can invest in them.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
www.cd3d.app
November 14, 2021, 02:07:20 PM
You can avoid scam projects by searching on the project you want to invest a trusted team is a good way to tell if the project is legit
Activity: 1568
Merit: 100
COMBONetwork
November 14, 2021, 02:02:55 PM
I really hope there is a platform or project to certify a project, because if a new project runs and gets the certification,
I'm sure it will make investors enter easily, for now I still appreciate what Certik has done, it's amazing.
but unfortunately certik only certifies or audits the supply of the token.
Activity: 148
Merit: 11
November 14, 2021, 01:44:48 PM
As for me, it isn't possible but you could always find ways to get rid of it. Doing a series of research would be an advantage and being observant and skeptical has an edge. Just keep in mind that not everything that we read on the internet about a certain coin is true so doing follow-up research is still necessary.

Crypto market is full of scams and irony is that there is no absolute method to avoid these scams. We can minimize the risk of getting scammed by doing research (very serious type), there is no other method. Even there are people who invested in projects after doing weeks of research and the project turned out to be a scam. You can read or post about the coin you want to invest in here, read what senior members say about that.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 269
November 14, 2021, 01:14:19 PM
Do you think it is possible to completely get rid of scams?

Hello everybody. I think everyone who has ever been involved in cryptocurrency investments is interested in the question of how to protect themselves from scams and loss of money. Recently I learned about the CheckDot project, which creates a platform with which it will be possible to get an assessment of any project in the blockchain world. In theory, this way you can get rid of a lot of scams, but does it help?

What do you think, is it possible to somehow get rid of scams among crypto projects?

Even with a system like CheckDot has it i think you can never be 100% safe of scams in the crypto world. You could just buy a positive assessment on CheckDot for example, of course this would mean that some team member of CheckDot would have to be acting illegally but that can happen too. I would say if you want to be as safe from scams and rug pulls as possible then you should probably only invest into already established and big projects like Bitcoin and Ethereum as there won't be any rugpull ever anymore. And of course the first rule for investing into crypto is always: Only invest money that you can afford to lose.
Activity: 924
Merit: 18
https://imgur.com/yw8HFn9
November 14, 2021, 01:01:07 PM
I don't think it is possible at once. Because there are some people who do not do any good deeds and just go to bad deeds. There are good people among us as bad as there are. So some people are busy planning to scam them in their head. They also use the update method as everything is updated Only our own research and caution can protect them from them.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
November 14, 2021, 12:49:10 PM
Its possible to avoid scams if you are buying only very strong projects that have history, big teams, already billions $ of marketcap etc.
Its impossible to avoid it if you wanna be an early adopter and searching lowcaps to invest. Thats way diversification is so important.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 104
November 14, 2021, 12:47:37 PM
Cryptocurrency is very unstable, and many trading platforms available today are not quite well-established. Many exchanges don't provide any insurance, so you can lose all your money.
In the midst of the increasingly popular Bitcoin and other crypto assets, crypto scam or fraud mode became increasingly widespread.
Not a few people are victims of fraud.
Many kinds of fraud mode carried out by fraudsters include phishing, exchange that has not been regulated and so on.
So before you register with any Exchange Crypto, you must read their terms and conditions carefully.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 254
November 14, 2021, 11:39:51 AM

There's a way to avoid all scam. You just need to invest only on those project that is proven legit and never risk and tempted to invest on shady startup project that promising a too good to be true goal. Not to brag but I never got scam by those shady project investment scheme since I never invest on ICO unless they are backed by well known trusted project like Binance.

The common problem of newbie trader on why they are keep being scam is because they are greedy and choose to risk on shady mediocre project just because someone they know or they saw a famous influencer promoting this project that promise astronomical profit if they invest.

It is impossible to avoid all scams even if you have a lot of experience. Yeah there are signs that you can tell that some projects will become a scam but avoiding it all costs is not so easy as you might think. It is not because a projects is listed on Binance that it is legit. They already listed multiple projects that later on became a scam.
Activity: 1258
Merit: 104
November 14, 2021, 11:00:15 AM
I have participated in many copycat projects on Binance Chain,Many of my investments have been deceived, so now I have accumulated a lot of experience, I will check whether its contract is dangerous, and  check whether their community is active
Experience always teaches you many things and it is a very good teacher for everyone because everyone has different experiences in his life so whatever new thing you see, you must first check it very well.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
November 14, 2021, 10:15:17 AM
Its impossible to get rid of scam projects even I never heard about checkdot project. It depends on your experience and knowledge to avoid getting scammed to some extent but one can not be always right to choose the project. We all learn by experience and by devoting time in the crypto market even we all have mindset that some of project will end up as a scam and most of us are always prepare for this but sometime we can understand by studying the project details or by reading whitepaper even some project don't have their whitepaper I don't believe in such projects so always do some research before investing if you find anything dicey don't buy or invest.

There's a way to avoid all scam. You just need to invest only on those project that is proven legit and never risk and tempted to invest on shady startup project that promising a too good to be true goal. Not to brag but I never got scam by those shady project investment scheme since I never invest on ICO unless they are backed by well known trusted project like Binance.

The common problem of newbie trader on why they are keep being scam is because they are greedy and choose to risk on shady mediocre project just because someone they know or they saw a famous influencer promoting this project that promise astronomical profit if they invest.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 531
November 14, 2021, 10:04:51 AM
As for me, it isn't possible but you could always find ways to get rid of it. Doing a series of research would be an advantage and being observant and skeptical has an edge. Just keep in mind that not everything that we read on the internet about a certain coin is true so doing follow-up research is still necessary.
However, we must be careful in reading the information about coins because not everything on the internet is true,
doing research will always be important even if it takes time,
The most important thing is that we must be able to sort out which is credible information and which is hoax information
well therefore we prevent others from being scammed with by discussing each other in forums and exchanging information and researching each other then scammed can be avoid ,scammer is a smart person also they are smarter in making their project display like real so sometimes it's really hard to check personally
Activity: 2184
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 14, 2021, 09:56:17 AM
Its impossible to get rid of scam projects even I never heard about checkdot project. It depends on your experience and knowledge to avoid getting scammed to some extent but one can not be always right to choose the project. We all learn by experience and by devoting time in the crypto market even we all have mindset that some of project will end up as a scam and most of us are always prepare for this but sometime we can understand by studying the project details or by reading whitepaper even some project don't have their whitepaper I don't believe in such projects so always do some research before investing if you find anything dicey don't buy or invest.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
November 14, 2021, 09:55:30 AM
I usually report this thread because this is a soft shill for Checkdot project but I don't to reduce my report accuracy so I will just leave a comment here. The OP or the PR team of that project should just create there ANN thread and post this kind of discussion there. This is very unfair to other project that limiting there announcement or discussion on a single thread. I observe that many newbies are doing this indirect shilling since last week. I admit that this is a good strategy but this unfair by tricking user by introducing a topic related to the project then shill the project like they really don't know what's they are doing. I'm starting to doubt about the credibility of this project for doing such a cheap trick.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
November 14, 2021, 09:47:01 AM
However, we must be careful in reading the information about coins because not everything on the internet is true,
doing research will always be important even if it takes time,
The most important thing is that we must be able to sort out which is credible information and which is hoax information
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
November 14, 2021, 09:28:16 AM
Do you think it is possible to completely get rid of scams?

Hello everybody. I think everyone who has ever been involved in cryptocurrency investments is interested in the question of how to protect themselves from scams and loss of money. Recently I learned about the CheckDot project, which creates a platform with which it will be possible to get an assessment of any project in the blockchain world. In theory, this way you can get rid of a lot of scams, but does it help?

What do you think, is it possible to somehow get rid of scams among crypto projects?

I am pessimistic that it will be successful, considering that it is very difficult to get rid of fraud in the crypto world, many things in this world are uncertain for us to avoid, but we can prevent all of that, with the understanding and knowledge we have, so pay attention in detail, don't be easy accept whatever people send, play as safe as possible to create a sense of security in investing.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
November 14, 2021, 09:30:45 AM
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1485
November 14, 2021, 09:16:45 AM
Recently I learned about the CheckDot project, which creates a platform with which it will be possible to get an assessment of any project in the blockchain world. In theory, this way you can get rid of a lot of scams, but does it help?
The idea of the CheckDot platform is unique and I hope that it will be a deterrent weapon to protect us from scams I think it will reduce scams but not by 100%. Scammers may provide false positive opinions about a scam project to deceive the crypto community, so we have to do our research in addition to relying on this wonderful platform Which will help us see people's opinions and hidden information about any project.

We cannot get rid of scams, because the traps of scammers are many and they don't end, so any investor must be smart and vigilant about his investment in a project and not rush to choose a project without studying it well and seeing people's opinions about this project.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
November 14, 2021, 09:04:57 AM
Not investing in new projects is like avoiding scams. If you only invest in projects that are already listed and you just wait for thier dips I guess that's safer than joining the ICOs.  But if you are up to playing being one of the early birds in investing in new projects in hopes to make money, it could backfire like the ones who did with Squid tokens.

I was one of those who send ETH during 2017. Although I don't really spend a huge amount, the ETH that I have sent may be more today in short I was still scammed.
SO trusting because the team has been interviewed on youtube channel, I didn;t expect they are that bold in scaming investors.
Activity: 854
Merit: 103
November 14, 2021, 08:56:15 AM

I don't think that scammers will cease their occupation as it can be very profitable I think. So we should be very careful when investing and investigate projects. I think that checkdot will be a good platform to get to know about different projects and decrease your losses, but still it can't  completely shield us from scams, as it will accumulate information picked up by people, so I think that it will not be very much information about unpopular and new projects.
Pages:
Jump to: