Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 118. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
October 19, 2017, 07:46:22 PM
I've participated in several ICOS and I can say that you've to search to much about the project after puting money on it.
Activity: 548
Merit: 251
October 19, 2017, 07:44:23 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

Yeah!its good and nice to participate in ICO because you can earn in this kind of method and adding your knowledge of learning about bitcoin.in this forum you can know what happen in the crypto world and should we do in times of implementing SegWit hard fork.so the  ICO is very helpul and relevant in this subject and convince more investor to join bitcoin world.

Well totally depends on what would be the outcome of the ICO project you where going to invest with since eventhough they are successful for there Token sale you cannot still actually tell wheter you earn or not since the price will be dump by the bounty hunters and that could make the investors lose on certain cause.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
October 19, 2017, 07:39:42 PM
It depends on the analysis we are doing, if before investing in ICO we do research and look for reviews, and also learn about the purpose of the project in their whitepaper, so that will be more understand about the project so we will know whether the project is legit or not. Investment in ICO is an investment with high risk high return category so it is very important to do the analysis before investing. Learn also about risk management and money management is important in investing in ICO to reduce risk.
jlp
Activity: 266
Merit: 264
October 19, 2017, 06:58:42 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

Read:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/3-kinds-of-icos-protect-yourself-2243157

for suggestions on how to filter out the scams and crap to find legitimate ICOs.

As an example, the poster above me is pushing Electroneum. Electroneum is dishonest with their sales pitch.
Activity: 545
Merit: 500
October 19, 2017, 06:56:03 PM
Yes and no.

It all depends on the concept behind the ICO. It's your job to do the due diligence beforehand and read up about the project behind the ICO and the team behind it.

If you think that the project makes no sense and the team behind it sound needy of your investment, then you obviously wouldn't want to participate in this type of ICO.

On the other hand if you feel the project has potential and there's many other investors who have faith in the project and even the team have faith in their own project, then this could be the right ICO for you to invest.

Always remember though, nobody can guarantee you a price rise on your investment. Not even the team behind the ICO. Those who do are clearly scams and you should stay well away from those who guarantee this.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business
October 19, 2017, 06:27:38 PM

Yeah!its good and nice to participate in ICO because you can earn in this kind of method and adding your knowledge of learning about bitcoin.in this forum you can know what happen in the crypto world and should we do in times of implementing SegWit hard fork.so the  ICO is very helpul and relevant in this subject and convince more investor to join bitcoin world.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
October 19, 2017, 03:48:19 PM
You should very carefully study everything about the company: slack-chat, white paper, team, social medias etc. And only after that u can make a decision
Activity: 459
Merit: 104
October 19, 2017, 03:17:20 PM
No it is not safe to participate in ICO's. ICO's are very risky, 90% of them ask for big money, many of them are scam, or if they are not scam their coins loose their value fast, in less than 2-6 months. There are so many altcoins now on the market that I would not invest in an alt-coin (or an ICO). Maybe in NEO, but with much precaution. Better buy bitcoin, at least in 5-10 year it is going to appreciate 10x from its today value.

Activity: 42
October 19, 2017, 03:13:58 PM
in my opinion now we have more ppl involved in investing that give possibilities to scammer become rich. It was always, if ppl are not very smart someone try to stole their money.  I still believe we have no scam ico, but we need to know everything  abt projects and be smart enough to recognized scam. I make a little investigation abt confideal and almost sure that it nit scam and very powerful ico
Activity: 276
Merit: 103
Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico
October 19, 2017, 03:11:37 PM
It is of course safe to participate in ICOs but you have to be sensible with your investments, do your research on the people behind the ICO before you invest, things such as that. One big red flag in my experience is often ICOs who are guaranteeing x return on ICO price, of course this doesn't mean it is a scam but often times it is because they use this as a way to coax in people who are afraid of missing out.
Activity: 485
October 19, 2017, 03:11:08 PM
Most investors have lost money in the most recent ICOs. It's better to get in after they come to an exchange. If you really want to get into an ICO it should be one where have have been able to get the maximum bonuses or one without any bonuses for early investors.
Activity: 560
October 19, 2017, 03:09:09 PM
I have lost 13k when I invested on a conman and never got the money back. that is why I would rather invest in ICO's that may have a chance of succeeding rather than investing my money to a person that will just run. and that is why I participate on ICO's

That's true! you can get more profit from investing on ICOs especially if on pre-ICO because they offer discounts on their tokens but be sure to check first that ICOs to avoid another scam projects. Wink
You can check before start to invest, but to be honest, the benefit you will receive never help you a project really trusted or just scammer. Only after crowdsale and listed on exchange, you will know there is has speculation or not hehe.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
October 19, 2017, 01:41:42 PM
When you make an investment there is always, but always risk, and doesn't matter if someone tells you there isn't any. When we talking about ICOs the risk comes in the form of the given project never reach the expected value when it hits the exchanges and this can happen due to various factors.

Now, if you talking about the ICO being safe from the perspective of how secure your money is when you pass it to the team behind it, again, there will always be some degree of insecurity to it because we have seen in previous ICOs that got hacked or the teams disappeared with the investors money that they cannot guarantee you 100% security.

The best one can do is research the project and hope for the best.

Activity: 226
October 19, 2017, 01:28:20 PM
I think it is completely safe as long as you are smart about it i.e.

- You do your research, you look into the whitepaper, you ask the ICO you are interested in, you look at the team and what they are trying to achieve etc. If you throw money into a poor project, don't be surprised if you don't make any profit or they go under.

- Don't throw too much money - Spend within your limits. Slowly build up your portfolio.
Activity: 266
Merit: 105
October 19, 2017, 12:28:59 PM
For me it is safe to join in an ICO as long as you know that particular ICO you want to join is legitimate. ICO program is actually good platform for tokens that is why a lot of people are investing on it for the purpose of accumulating profits through gains from token depending on how long you hold it.
Activity: 630
October 19, 2017, 12:26:22 PM
There is 80% chance safe to participate to ICO'S  for investment because all ico does not come to run the coin and they show every thing about their project like white paper, road map, coin functionality etc. but they collect money and cheat the people and run out from the market.
No body judge which ico is best and scam. but we are not saying that all ico are not trusty. so many scam ico always decrease the faith value of investor and with double mind a person can decide the best ico and don't invest your total money in the ico.Always make good portfolio for your investment.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
October 19, 2017, 12:05:46 PM
Well based on a video i watched saw just now

If you basically invest into all the ICO include the scamming ICO, for every $1 you invest, would results you $12!

1200% INCLUDED WITH SCAMMING ICO, this is really something that is big in this investment instruments.

Of course, i wouldn't say its safe to invest or participate, you would need to make proper research but not just reading on reviews that other people provide.

To be safe
Check on Team, Read whitepapers, Verify Use case of coins (Not just invest on some copy paste coin)
Activity: 504
October 19, 2017, 11:45:52 AM
It really depends on your judgement regarding ICO's and if your comfortable joining them, although there are a lot of risks in joining ICO's because not all of them are legit ones. So if ever you are planning to join one, make sure you read all the information regarding the ICO and never forget to do a research on the team itself including the advisers, developers and founders.
Activity: 306
October 19, 2017, 11:10:50 AM
Obviously in this world, all forms of investments are not purely safe. So investors like us must be cautioned to become wary upon dealing with investments like ICO's, because some of them are fraudulent. And this thing is not regulated by any organization compared to other investment form. If this group scammed you, you might never recover you money again.
 This is what would I advised you upon dealing with them. Just be smart and practical man, don't make it very complicated. Regardless of how shit is the team or how good is it, most of us at every end just dumps. Sometimes you don't really have to expect so high that it would become the next btc, ethereum, or whatever it is.
Activity: 24
October 19, 2017, 10:28:48 AM
p in the market.
safe or not it depends on the project developer or I can not figure it out, next bitcoin? no, I'm sure there are no coins that can rival or replace popularity as the first crypto currency.
[/quote]

Until the moment the first cryptocurrency totally loses its positions lol. For now BTC is safe tho.
I tell you guys that making researches on ICO take more time than other ventures. Don't think it is just easy future money.
Jump to: