Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 46. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
March 12, 2018, 04:41:14 PM
No, it's not safe at all. There are too many offers and only a few are serious and valid. We must be very careful about scam. We need to look for feedback to the whitepaer and to the team members
Activity: 1036
Merit: 144
Penguin Party 🐟
March 12, 2018, 04:31:30 PM
Do a lot of research before you invest in something, make sure its a good team with a good resume, ive personaly just been doing airdrops, but one ICO i would invest in if i had the funds is https://vrlps.co/a?pt=Kcispz-pHll_Q3vLZhB-vEYHBF0&referralCode=S1hcRT7uf&refSource=copy its backed by jon mcaffee and its a great idea, hard to lose on it
Activity: 196
March 12, 2018, 04:26:44 PM
There was a lot of talk about risks. And this is the absolute truth. Investing in cryptocurrencies is risky. Of course, if the project is good and promising, then the percentage of risk decreases. However, if you invest in a scam project, the risk is 100%. Avoid all risks is not possible.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
March 12, 2018, 03:35:35 PM
Unfortunately today participation in ICO is not safe. I think and I hope that Vitalik Buterin will still complete his work called ICO 2.0 and we will be able to participate more safely in the ICO, but for now we can only hope that the project we have chosen will not be fraudulent

yes i hope it too that the project that we choose is good one.
however, involve in ico is always high risk high return.
nobody will say anything about crypto is safe because all is risky including invest in bitcoin too.
Activity: 406
March 12, 2018, 03:27:08 PM
As for me, ICO is a kind of investment way, as long as it is investment, there will be a certain risk, because everyone can't promise you there is no risk, attend the ico is easy to get high returns, want to get high returns must absorb a certain amount of risk, it is a rule i think.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 03:25:31 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

No assurance. Most of ICOs out there are just pure shit, some of them are too good to be true, or some just throw out crazy out of this world ideas. Just trust your guts in choosing wherever you put your money in. Learn to read the whitepaper.
Activity: 107
Merit: 1
March 12, 2018, 03:11:49 PM
It's safe if you carefully study the ICO in which you want to enter! But the opportunity is always to get on the swindler!
Activity: 59
March 12, 2018, 02:12:01 PM
No, it's not safe. You should do a great research whether this project is good or not. And even if you did a hard work there is no guarantee.

If they done their own searched about those ICOs they want to participate I think it will be safe because if that ICOs is a scam they will notice it especially if they search here at forums at lot of feedback they will read about those ICOs plus they search on social media sites and many more.
Activity: 42
March 12, 2018, 01:35:19 PM
I am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

In order to do that I need your help! If you ever invested in ICOs (at least one) fill in this survey (won't take you more than 5 minutes.) May the blockchain be with you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
Activity: 1176
Vave.com
March 12, 2018, 01:31:12 PM
different focus on beginning terms of initiation as might investors to work on limitation of field to gives of reference on selection with the unit of indication that each has with the ranks on priors to returns of sphere with the level of affection to defines of limit of number with the request of exchange as submitting resource to work with the assessment of trading tasks with the projects plan.

Activity: 378
March 12, 2018, 11:29:36 AM
If you search well about project before investing, it is safe for sure. There are lots of ICOs and their number increasing everyday. So there are some scams naturally. Thats why you need to search well before you investing in it.
Definitely right. We should look thoroughly on the ICO that were planning to join in. And you should know that being part of this community doest only mean you need to earn money or anything. There are some ICO project that are truely valuable and helpful to the community, and its worth to be spread around the world.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
March 12, 2018, 11:18:03 AM
Unfortunately today participation in ICO is not safe. I think and I hope that Vitalik Buterin will still complete his work called ICO 2.0 and we will be able to participate more safely in the ICO, but for now we can only hope that the project we have chosen will not be fraudulent
Activity: 126
March 12, 2018, 11:12:01 AM
It all depends on the project that you choose. Pay attention to the key factors of trust for you. For example, for me it is an idea, a team, legalization, distribution of tokens and funds, a budget
Activity: 422
Merit: 9
March 12, 2018, 11:07:55 AM
There is a possibility of losing if you do not get proper knowledge before investing in iCO. Now There are lots of ico coming in the market. Many of them fake ico.But there are also too many good ico.You can find out them by research and invest in them. Then your investment will be safe. Other will will lose your entire money if you choose a fake ico. So be careful.
Activity: 40
March 12, 2018, 10:50:49 AM
Yes ICO's are safe and people will generally invest in them because of the liquidity. However like shares, ICO's have high volatility and could be considered a risky investment. This is why it's important to only invest in ICO's you've done your due diligence in.

In my opinion, I found the best way of identifying whether or not an ICO is safe, is by understanding the process of how to invest in an ICO. I found a very detailed blog post answering lots of first time questions here

https://coinrating.co/guide-investing-ico/
Activity: 392
March 12, 2018, 01:53:09 AM
Yes it's safe but you must research about their project ico ratings are great help nowadays because they are being rated by the experts and reading their whitepaper also helps.
For me it's a yes participating or joining in ICO's is very helpful for us to make more profit or money in crypto world, and my my advice is to join or to just participate on the ico that has a great team and has  a great white paper so in that way you we will be sure that the ico you join is great.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
March 12, 2018, 01:46:56 AM
It safe but you know the process and project information. More project in the ICO. So you learn the projects information. Then it easy to choose thr best project to invest. Before invest check the project. It important for projects improve. Projects will be improve. It useful to you for future growth. It good opportunities for improve your self.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
March 09, 2018, 06:52:37 AM
For me, participating in ICOs cannot guarantee you unless they have a trusted team and with great reputation. Before you join any initial coin offering (ICO), please be sure to double check the LinkedIn and social media profiles of each team member if they are real or not. If a team member's social media profile is kind of new, that would be doubtful for me.

It should be an established Facebook or LinkedIn profile from any team member to make them look legit. Another way to prove that they are legit is that they have videos of their own (not whiteboard or animation) recording themselves or so. You might not want to end up getting scammed just like Benebit did before, which the team members' photos were just stolen from a school website.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
March 09, 2018, 06:44:01 AM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
Yes of course, I have great hope for ICO to succeed. Some people say the ICO is at risk, possibly the wealth we invest into ICO will be taken away by a scam ICO. But we must know more background and white paper from ICO, so as not to get stuck with ICO scam.
"Background, white paper from ICO", lol Cheesy! What do you think about these things? Do you think these always real information, real words? And the most important can these things will happend like wrote in roadmap and whitepaper? Never!
No one can know surely that an ICO have plans to scam or not so it is on individual investors way of investigating and checking everything that involves in crypto if they are legitimate or not. I dont wanna change your mind or to argue because i respect yourv opinion and in my ownself my concerns is the safety in participating is within in our own hands.
Activity: 364
Merit: 117
March 09, 2018, 06:43:30 AM

Absence of regulatory oversight which exposes investors to risk. The ideology of many investors revolves around the presumption that investments are risky ventures, and there is no such thing as a safe investment especially when securities are not insured.
Investing in token sales and their derivative cryptocurrencies are risky and have vast economic consequences
Pages:
Jump to: