Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 75. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 0
December 25, 2017, 01:08:05 PM
High risk high return, you could not be safe if you want to get a great deal of money from your investment. ICO can make a person become millionaire after few days, however, one also can lose all of their money after one day if they make investment in wrong project.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
December 25, 2017, 09:06:06 AM
It is safe to participate in ICO's if your reading all about the campaign they have like the white paper and their road map. You should be vigilant too on what your doin'. You must take care of who you're dealing with to avoid any further victim of scammers.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
December 25, 2017, 08:55:54 AM
Well, i think almost ICOs coming out are legit but we can't deny the fact that there's still a little percentage of scams. To prevent being deceived, analyze its platform if it makes sense and know the staffs behind it very carefully.

I once invested in an ICO (of Electroneum). After I bought some coins on their crowdsale, they suddenly shut down their system and said that they will only improve their security features. I feel nervous that time because I thought they are now making an alibi for stealing our money but thanks God they didn't.  
Activity: 131
December 25, 2017, 08:43:37 AM
It is good to participate in ICO because of cheap value of coin if,but one thing you have to keep in mind that you have to research and study very well about the road map and white paper.

Please note that nowadays a lot of scammer came in and take this opportunity to victimize people joining in ICO. So take care!!!!
Activity: 233
December 25, 2017, 08:36:21 AM
Why do you think like that? why do you think it is not safe? I partipated  two times in ICOs they return me some profit. But before invest you should search properly.
Activity: 546
December 25, 2017, 08:30:31 AM
I think I would glad to see you must learn  before you start in crypto and I always laugh when I hear someone blame this token.
Activity: 154
December 25, 2017, 08:06:09 AM
there are actually a lot of good ICO, you have to choose which of these ICOs are worth investing but first you must know the team, whitepaper and understand the concept of the token for what
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
December 24, 2017, 06:44:59 PM
It's safe if you do your research and know what (and who) you're buying.
If you know what's behind on crypto,  I would glad to say you must learn before you start in crypto. People says they lost their because lack of information on how to keep their private jey to be more secured.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
December 24, 2017, 06:15:47 PM
We don't even know whether to deal with the scam many of these ICOs end up with or the frustration encountered while trying to acquire the coins. Hextracoin is one hell of a frustrating ICO I have ever come across. It is only opened to the public at a certain time of the day with a mere 300,000 coins allotted which usually sells out within a few minutes. To make matter worse, the sites always crash at this time because of traffic which the site can't cope with. The devs won't even allow us withdraw back out already sent btc from the site. I advise everyone to stay away from them for now.
Hextracoin Grin? I always laugh when I hear someone blame this token or tell about their huge loss in this project. Hextracoin is clearly a ponzi project. What's happen make the price of this coin increase to much when it just complete ICO recently? All things are clearly not reasonable
Activity: 130
December 23, 2017, 01:48:23 AM
Yes. It is safe to participate in ICO's but research and analyze the project first. Some of them are scam. They want to earn thru stealing money of others.
Activity: 154
December 23, 2017, 01:41:34 AM
We don't even know whether to deal with the scam many of these ICOs end up with or the frustration encountered while trying to acquire the coins. Hextracoin is one hell of a frustrating ICO I have ever come across. It is only opened to the public at a certain time of the day with a mere 300,000 coins allotted which usually sells out within a few minutes. To make matter worse, the sites always crash at this time because of traffic which the site can't cope with. The devs won't even allow us withdraw back out already sent btc from the site. I advise everyone to stay away from them for now.
Activity: 151
December 23, 2017, 01:13:13 AM
It's investment.
You invest for their project by buying their tokens and the value of tokens would be proportional to profit of the project.
Most of the ICO's are profitable as their price would increase on reaching the market.
But some of them are total scams which would lead your investment to nothing.
So, study about the project before investing.

Agreed. Only invest in what you have researched and truly think will make you a return on your investment. A lot of ICOs fail, so be sure to be careful. And, only invest what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 23, 2017, 12:56:16 AM
ICO does not give a 100% guarantee. Run any project with participation in bounty. Therefore, you better know about the project and the developers. After that, you can invest in ICO
Activity: 89
Merit: 1
December 22, 2017, 11:41:18 PM
Certainly, investing in ICO is not a safe way to earn money. you can see there are hundreds projects in the market. So, to find a good project is really difficult. If not, you will lose your money.

If he will do some research first, then he can be safe. There are still some ICO's that have good potentials. But their numbers can be counted by our hands, others is just scams.
Activity: 238
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 22, 2017, 11:21:07 PM
Certainly, investing in ICO is not a safe way to earn money. you can see there are hundreds projects in the market. So, to find a good project is really difficult. If not, you will lose your money.
Activity: 89
Merit: 1
December 22, 2017, 10:57:36 PM
Well, any moves that involves your money is risky. Including participating on ICO projects. What you can do is Research first and make sure what you have invested will earn in the end.
Activity: 265
December 22, 2017, 10:12:24 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

Yes it is safe to participate on some icos especially when itnis trusted. And how can we know if that is a trusted icos? Just look at the whitepapers the managers if those icos have a trusted and reliable manager it is gonna be a 100% trusted because those manager will not manage icos that are scam because their reputation are in that campaigns. But always check the whitepaper and the other members of that icos because icos are easily made and manipulated not checking it too much will just leads into a scam because almost all the icos out there are just a scam and fails.
Activity: 274
December 22, 2017, 10:02:03 PM
You must be very careful when you plan to invest in ICOs.
As you must have already read from many replies, 90% + ICOs are nothing but SCAM, this is what most of us have learned the hard way, however, real potential ICOs are also the most prominent investment.
Before taking any ICO into consideration for investment, you must go through the whitepaper to understand what is the project and what they want to achieve. Secondly, if there is even a slight/small grammatical or any other mistake in the whitepaper, turn it down straight away. Good ICOs are very careful about their whitepaper and never do mistakes.

Now, the second step is to check the team of project, the CEO,CTO, etc. are they known names and are they expert in the blockchain industry.
Make sure you check the advisory teams as well.

Next, check who/which companies are backing them up, what if the ICO investment gets hacked (like in the case of coindash, are they backed up to return your money or not).

Again, there are a lot many good ICOs, I am keeping my eyes open for ICOs that are NEO based, the reason being, they are limited and are actually being verified and validated by NEO.

Always Do a lot of research before investing in ICOs and all the best for your future investments.

This is a very good information to work with. Thanks
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
December 22, 2017, 09:57:36 PM
It is safe to participate in ICO, even though not all ICOs are reliable and promising, meaning you have to look for a promising ICO to be at a safer side. Few ways you can at least guarantee how promising an ICO could be is; read their goal, check their past project (how succesful were they?),check the team- how effective have they been- Not a team with lazy managers.and many more
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
December 22, 2017, 09:48:51 PM
You must be very careful when you plan to invest in ICOs.
As you must have already read from many replies, 90% + ICOs are nothing but SCAM, this is what most of us have learned the hard way, however, real potential ICOs are also the most prominent investment.
Before taking any ICO into consideration for investment, you must go through the whitepaper to understand what is the project and what they want to achieve. Secondly, if there is even a slight/small grammatical or any other mistake in the whitepaper, turn it down straight away. Good ICOs are very careful about their whitepaper and never do mistakes.

Now, the second step is to check the team of project, the CEO,CTO, etc. are they known names and are they expert in the blockchain industry.
Make sure you check the advisory teams as well.

Next, check who/which companies are backing them up, what if the ICO investment gets hacked (like in the case of coindash, are they backed up to return your money or not).

Again, there are a lot many good ICOs, I am keeping my eyes open for ICOs that are NEO based, the reason being, they are limited and are actually being verified and validated by NEO.

Always Do a lot of research before investing in ICOs and all the best for your future investments.
Pages:
Jump to: