Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 77. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 363
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 10:28:39 AM
yes it is safe to participate in ICO's, but it depends to an ICO if this is a good project or a bad project, because sometimes many of it are good to participate so we can get some bitcoin for us, but sometimes many of it are scam's and not a good project to participate, so many people are afraid to participate because of it.
Activity: 200
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 10:15:09 AM
i think it depends on the project we invest because we may meet a scam project that they take our money and take off forever, or they abandont investors and dont scare about the projects, so ico can be very dangerous sometimes, but surely the profit we get if the ICO success can be very huge.
Activity: 322
December 21, 2017, 10:14:42 AM
It is safe depending on the ico you are investing your time, Some of the developers today are scammers and also managers are sometimes scamming their participants if the value in the market is very high so you should always check everything before joining the campaign.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
December 21, 2017, 10:14:21 AM
You should have an extra caution when you interested in participating in ICO. There are many shady projects probably could be a scam. You need a lot of analysis and research to be able to make the profit from it. If you still have a few experience about cryptocurrencies scene I recommend you to stay away from ICO. You better invest in safer option like gambling sites bankroll or even trading.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 10:10:56 AM
I don't think there is ever 100% safety when investing into any business, the only thing you can do is to make sure that you are researching heavily into the iCO's you are investing into.
Activity: 154
December 21, 2017, 09:59:07 AM
Yes there are just too many ICo's to begin with. What you would have to do to choose the best ICo is to read the whitepaper and see if the project is worth investing in.  Pick an ICo that is unique, solves a problem, and could deliver profits to you.
Activity: 378
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
December 21, 2017, 09:56:14 AM
I think it's safe if we participate in the right ICO (the project is made clear and the team's identity is also clear), if obviously I do not think it's a problem to follow the ICO because it is definitely safe
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 09:53:30 AM
Do your research.  Read the white paper (most important in my opinion)-- it tells you so much more than the website can. If the white paper makes sense and excites you in any way, then continue your research.

Take a long look at the team - do they have solid/proven experience? 

Do you understand the business model? If not, pass. If so, dig even deeper and ask questions of the team. 

There are a lot of great projects that I have found through ICOs, and a lot that are just totally nonsensical.  If you do your homework though and take your time, you can definitely find winners.  Just remember to only invest what you can afford. Do not bet your house on any one project/ICO.

Best of luck to you!
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
December 21, 2017, 09:41:52 AM
Not icos are all safe mate, before investing to that coin, make sure it is not a scam so that your money will not turn to nothing. Make your own research before buying that coin in my suggestion.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
December 21, 2017, 09:36:28 AM
Ofcourse, once you decide that you have found a successful project with a solid team!
Activity: 222
December 21, 2017, 09:13:45 AM
It's safe if you research well, and watch for scams. The more you spend time in Crypto the more clearer things will seem to you and you will be able to determine which ones are scams are which are not.
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
December 21, 2017, 09:10:03 AM
i don't what do you mean exactly buy your question but if you mean financially you should be careful with what ico do you intend to invest in.
Activity: 308
Merit: 22
December 21, 2017, 09:08:35 AM
For sure it is not safe, especially for ones with unclear marketing position or just copy of copy of bitcoin ones. Choose carefully and do your research. But be prepared to lose your investment, or get smaller gain than just hodl'ing you ETH.
Activity: 350
December 21, 2017, 09:05:57 AM
Maybe it safe or not, it depends on the user how they participate in any kind of ICO, for me just read and go.
Activity: 224
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
December 21, 2017, 09:04:01 AM
Participating in ICOs in a way that you are giving your money for an early investment has its own risks of course. You should research first on what you are expecting to get when the ICO is over and how are they planning to return the investments they received throughout their campaign.
Activity: 286
Cryptics
December 21, 2017, 08:24:21 AM
Of course it is safe as long as you have done some basic check for the team behind the project and you have to follow the instruction to participate in the crowdsale. The most common mistake i've seen is sending your eth from exchange wallet, you should move your eth to third party wallet first before sending it to smart contract. Also it's hard to find ico that's good especially if the aim is to be better than bitcoin.
Activity: 168
December 21, 2017, 08:20:43 AM
Yes it is safe, there are a lot of ICO's that became successful. But sometimes it is not safe due to the false ICO that pop out, telling their good project turns out nothing. It's an investment so it depends on what you enter. There's always a risk and make sure that before you participate check their legitimacy. Generally, you can join bounty campaign that supports the ico in that way you can surely be safe i think.
Activity: 434
December 21, 2017, 08:16:29 AM
It is never safe. Even the coins after the ICO are on the market and not just a scam, they still need to prove their worth and show progress to their supporter, community and especially investors. It has a long way to go before a coin can be a safe investment.
Activity: 476
December 21, 2017, 07:56:34 AM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
There are ICO's that are scam and there are also ICO's that are profitable and worth to buy. If we are participating in ICO, make sure that we have background about the team of the ICO for us to know whether the ICO is scam or not.
Activity: 378
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
December 21, 2017, 07:53:52 AM
Not every ico's is really safe to join and why ? , Because there are a lot of manager that are scamming every participant so it is better to look at a decent  campaign where everyone will be able to get their bounty after the sale.
Pages:
Jump to: