Pages:
Author

Topic: Is merit necessary for my survival here - page 5. (Read 1088 times)

Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
December 24, 2023, 05:51:57 PM
If it's only for survival, merits do not matter. But having that mindset does not manifest personal growth and progress, it's like you exist without benefits. And I won't chose to be that way forever. If there are certain ways to develop growth, then I would take the risk, and that's where earning merits becomes necessary.

Don't just think of your own benefits, but consider other's welfare as well. The forum is made for positive and constructive interaction, so at least do your part so you can contribute something worthy to the forum.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 268
Graphic & Motion Designer
December 24, 2023, 05:24:18 PM
Greetings everyone!

I really want to know if merit is necessary in other to secure my account, my friend who introduced this site to me said, I must have merit

Please how do I get this merit and how is it important.

Merit is never necessary, you don't need merit to join the discussion and learn in this forum which is what the forum wants for its users. But if you want the extra benefit, you want to rank up, be respected, start a business, or earn some money, then you will definitely need some merits. I think many people will give the same advice that you don't need to think about it too much, just do good discussion and contribute merit will follow, and if at the end of the day you don't get any merit you can still learn from this forum.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 908
December 24, 2023, 03:33:01 PM
Greetings everyone!

I really want to know if merit is necessary in other to secure my account, my friend who introduced this site to me said, I must have merit

You don't need merit to post here, posting here is free, and you don't need merit. Maybe you should ask your friend why you need merit before you can post here. Maybe your friend wants you to rank up your account, that's why he said you must have merit. If you want to rank up, it's not a bad idea, just keep on making positive contributions to the forum, and you will receive the merit that your friend said you must have. So if you want to rank up your account, then keep on making positive contributions. The forum is a place where you can learn and you can also make an impact on people. There is no way you can get merit if you are not making any serious impact on the forum.
Activity: 980
Merit: 519
fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022
December 24, 2023, 02:35:21 PM
Depending on what you want to achieve on the long run, you can be in the form without merit and nobody will disturb you about it. But one thing is certain if you provide useful information and provide help to others through your posting and comments merits will come. There is provision for every body to feel welcome and comfortable here in this forum, that why we have the Newbie rank to the Legendary rank.
I don't really know why many newbies are so interested in ranking up as quick as possible when they supposed to work on themselves so that they can have enough time to grow their account very well. Merit is not the most important thing her in the forum although it all depends on what we want and what we are longing for. If we are here to join signature and bounty campaigns then we are not supposed to rush to grow our account. There are so many things to learn here apart from just joining bounty and signature campaign to earn some little cash here.
copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1481
Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k
December 24, 2023, 02:08:48 PM
You can make your voice here on the forum without getting merit. If you are thinking like a higher rank on forum is your survival, then you are most probably wrong. That's not how it work.
Good luck with your thought of this Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 259
December 24, 2023, 01:50:04 PM
Greetings everyone!

Not at all. The only way to secure your account is to know what to post in this forum, do more research on any topic you want to ask about, avoid copying and pasting because this makes your account unsafe, and abide by the rules and regulations regarding this forum. The person who introduced you to this forum should have explained to you why he said you needed to have merit in order for your account to be protected. That is wrong, getting merit is for those who want to participate in the campaign on the forum. If you don't rank up, you won't be able to participate in any campaigns, merit is required to rank up, for you to rank up you need to contribute to the forum.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
December 24, 2023, 01:40:00 PM
Depending on what you want to achieve on the long run, you can be in the form without merit and nobody will disturb you about it. But one thing is certain if you provide useful information and provide help to others through your posting and comments merits will come. There is provision for every body to feel welcome and comfortable here in this forum, that why we have the Newbie rank to the Legendary rank.
Activity: 196
Merit: 123
December 24, 2023, 10:02:35 AM
To my own understanding, merit isn't a criteria for survival here, it's mainly for the growth of your account, but what you really need for survival is not to break the forum rules, so your account wouldn't be ban.
And you also have to have some knowledge about Bitcoin and others, and be willing to learn from people above you in terms of knowledge if you want to engage in meaningful conversation.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 564
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 24, 2023, 07:59:14 AM
Merit is not required for securing your account as it's only the password which you need to keep it secure and your registered email address. Meri is required for you to grow in this forum through profile ranking as without merit you will not be able to rank up in this forum and without which you might not be able to join signature campaigns which helps us financially for advertising their projects.
Activity: 210
Merit: 39
December 24, 2023, 07:49:08 AM

You have already joined the forum. If you stick to this forum you will definitely learn something from here. By collecting keys through your learning you can unlock your qualification. First follow the rules and guidelines set by the moderators. You should include things like providing accurate information, not spamming forums, and participating in constructive discussions about cryptocurrency and related topics. Familiarize yourself with the forum rules and contribute meaningfully to the discussion. By consistently participating and contributing to the forum, you build a reputation and trust with other members, which will help you move up the ranks and earn a certain number of merit points.
Activity: 322
Merit: 166
December 24, 2023, 02:57:01 AM
Greetings everyone!

Merit is not necessary to secure your account. Merit is only necessary for you to rank up and continue moving up in ranks. If you engage well in forum activities and contribute useful information to the community, your reward for that is merit and that is what will make you to rank up. You’ll enjoy the forum once you’re active and partaking in discussions, asking questions and providing answers to people here that you have knowledge about. Asides that, secure your account by keeping safe your password.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 23, 2023, 07:52:12 PM
Merit as the name suggests is just like saying excellent, or good point. It is just like someone liking your topic or post because they find it worth it or excellent. With or without merits, your account stays on this forum forever (even Satoshi’s account is still in this forum). But if you want merit, all you have to do is to continuously contribute valuable content to the platform. Eventually, someone will see that you are contributing something valuable and will merit you for doing so. It is that straightforward.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
December 23, 2023, 05:58:12 PM
Greetings everyone!

This depends on the purpose of your registration here.  In normal instances, merit is not required to keep your account active in this forum.  Merit is needed for rank up, signature and bounty campaign participation, but if it is not your concern to rank up or join any paying campaign in the future, there is no need for you to think of merit but obviously if you give a good contribution, merit will come to you.

If you wanted to learn on how to earn merit, you can just browse this Beginners & help board and you will find plenty of suggestions and advices on how to earn merit.

Activity: 504
Merit: 198
My privacy, my right.
December 23, 2023, 05:31:36 PM
Greetings everyone!

Maybe your friend that introduced you to the forum didn't do his explanation well or maybe you're just the the one who didn't understood him well. Merit in this forum has no security concerns with your account holding, the merit system was only introduced a a measure to make forum users put effort in their letters to deliver and engage in knowledgeable discussion's and threads. It's a way to maintain quality of information within the forum and not a means to securing your account. Op just understand that whenever a post/comment of yours receives a merit(s) from any member of the forum it's either that your post has solved a problem or made sense or added to that person(s) knowledge.  

So it's crucial you deliver quality to the forum as you are now here
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
December 23, 2023, 04:45:25 PM
Probably, your friend is expecting you to participate in a signature campaign in the future so he is encouraging you to secure your account and rank up from your position. Which means you are entitled to post valuable and quality posts so that other members will benefit from your posts and in return, reward you some merits.

However, this forum does not require merit itself. Provided that you're only here to learn from the discussion and even when you don't create posts, that will not matter. Just secure your password so you can continue to have access on the forum.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
December 23, 2023, 04:41:24 PM
Your friend didn’t educate you properly. Merits and activity is the only way to increase your forum rank so if you’re to grow from newbie to full member rank/ legendary member, you need to have a certain amount of merit. Each rank has its own merit requirement. The higher the rank, the higher the merits required.

Gaining activity points is more easier than getting merits. For activity, all one has to do is to be active and post often on the forum. To get merits, other members need to see some value in your posts and they will reward you with merits. In short, activity is correlated to quantity while merit is associated with quality.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
December 23, 2023, 04:27:35 PM
Greetings everyone!

Merits are only essential if you plan on joining a campaign signature in the near future. Merits allow a certain user to rank up to their current rank if they reach a certain number of merits.

Generally, there are newbies who are so accustomed in earning merits that they seem to forget the reason on why this forum was created in the first place- which is a place of discussion and collaboration.

If you want to rank up and participate in campaign signatures, then earning merits is an essential prerequisite in order to achieve it. But if you are a casual forum user who reads certain boards on different times, then I do not think that it is relevant for you.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
December 23, 2023, 03:25:03 PM
I would still say it's necessary because you need to see your growth in the long run.  You need to rank up and increase your level through posting quality posts so you can be an asset in the forum. Although the forum will never remove you if you have no merits earned, but you will be considered unnecessary in the forum. You need to create constructive posts so that other members will appreciate your contribution in the forum, and not just you're here to post and spam.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
December 23, 2023, 02:59:06 PM
Greetings everyone!

You won't lost your account even if you have no merits at all. There is no rule in the forum that one should acquire merits in order to secure its account. That is, if your purpose is simply to learn and interact with other forum members. You can stay as long as bitcointalk is available.

However, if what you mean is to secure your account in a campaign, then merits is really necessary. In the first place, if you don't have earned merits, you can never be qualified to be accepted in a campaign. You have to improve your posting quality in order to attract merits from other members.
Activity: 574
Merit: 627
December 23, 2023, 11:58:32 AM
Greetings everyone!

If you are just here to leave your life, learn, and go without being worried about anything like rank and all of that, then you don't need to worry about merit.

Merit is not used to secure one's account, as you don't need to use merit as a form of payment for anything here; rather, the merit you earn up to a particular amount is what qualifies you to obtain a certain rank, and it shows to some how useful the content you produce has been to others.

But when your friend talks about merit as a means of protecting your account, I don't really know what he means by that, unless there are special features that he knows about account protection, which I'm sure require merit that most of us here don't know anything about.
Pages:
Jump to: