Pages:
Author

Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime? - page 7. (Read 1984 times)

Activity: 330
Merit: 12
April 22, 2018, 03:22:50 PM
It is not crime to own or hold bitcoin. Bitcoin is currently being treated as software hence no regulations.It is when you try to use those bitcoins to buy some illegal stuff for example drugs etc, then it is considered illegal or crime.
Yes, a currency isn't a crime because actually it didn't harm anyone and they were born not for that reason also.
People just use them to do the illegal things or the harm things to others then you're accusing it's a crime ?
No i don't think it will work that way.
Activity: 623
Merit: 251
April 22, 2018, 03:14:31 PM
It is not crime to own or hold bitcoin. Bitcoin is currently being treated as software hence no regulations.It is when you try to use those bitcoins to buy some illegal stuff for example drugs etc, then it is considered illegal or crime.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
April 22, 2018, 03:03:45 PM
Having bitcoin is not a crime and bitcoin is not criminal .. and actually bitcoin can help for those who use it and make life better because it can help in economy and finance .. and i do not agree with those who have bitcoin in say crime and bitcoin is currency online it and make money and we get it is not free and there is a way to work and get paid with bitcoin or buy it to invest ..
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
April 22, 2018, 01:39:06 PM
This question is such a rave  Cheesy How can public assets be a crime while the majority of the World currently has been using it for years?
Anyway, it can be that if u are living in "especial" place with its own rules and laws but the rest of the World hasnt gone crazy yet.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 01:34:53 PM
ok now if i ask you Is owning money & gold a crime so its clear  it is not a crime by owning a bitcoin . It depends on the person who hold it and the country that he lived in. Many country btc have legality very few country they dont  have permission for btc transcation .
Activity: 323
Merit: 100
April 22, 2018, 01:17:02 PM
Every illegal doings can we call as a crime because first of all it is wrong and it may infringe on human rights or lose the privacy of something that is important. Owning bitcoin is not a crime unless you earn it or you got it in a wrong way especially today that many people are being aggressive when it comes to money and they are become more interested to it where they can even commit a crime just to have it. There's nothing wrong in owning bitcoin especially when you worked for it.
POM
Activity: 547
Merit: 254
April 22, 2018, 01:06:21 PM
What!? Of course not! In fact it’s a complete nonsense. I can’t tell why people are thinking like that but anyways.. The interest in bitcoin and crypto is increasing day by day, the effect of these strange thoughts will decrease with time.
Activity: 470
Merit: 16
April 22, 2018, 01:00:09 PM
What a nonsense, how own bitcoin can be a crime. If bitcoin equal to money so it's looks like  own a money its a crime? In which world we live?
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
April 22, 2018, 12:58:01 PM
Owning a bitcoin is not a crime, infact if you have it you have the opportunity to change your life forever and become rich. Bitcoin can be used in crimes because it is also a currency online.
Activity: 340
Merit: 15
April 22, 2018, 12:56:09 PM
It must be a crime in some parts of the world because I have heard at the airports they have seized ledger and trezor wallets if they see them on your person during the check stop before getting to go on to your flight.
I believe the place was somewhere in south east asia where they have banned bitcoins use there.
Activity: 50
April 22, 2018, 12:53:01 PM
No, there is no crime crime in owing bitcoin and moreover it is not illegal.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 12
April 22, 2018, 12:52:02 PM
Of course not, there is no good reason to say that bitcoin is a kiminal, bitcoin is a legal thing that will make the future better and the country should immediately legalize bitcoin.
Activity: 193
Merit: 1
April 22, 2018, 12:43:07 PM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

No. There are no laws yet states that acquiring and possesion of bitcoin is a crime. Canada simply wanted to eliminate all possible loop holes that criminals can use for their transaction, which is bitcoin btw.
Activity: 14
April 22, 2018, 12:38:40 PM
Yeah, but it used to be 99,99% for crime, besides the pizza.

Now it's the other way around.

Articles are stuck in the past.
Activity: 182
April 22, 2018, 12:36:31 PM
I still think bitcoin binding to criminals is just nonsense. Bitcoin was invented not for the development of crime, but to improve our lives.

I think If / when Bitcoin is set in your country of residence and you are required by law to declare Bitcoin ownership but you have not done so, then having Bitcoin may be illegal.
Is having money is a crime? Because money also facilitates the trade of such illegal goods.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
Freedom
April 22, 2018, 12:32:09 PM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

1. having bitcoin is indeed a crime for citizens whose country prohibits bitcoin from entering the country, depending on location
2. bitcoin this is a tool, whose name tool anyone can wear it, in use for what? much to be discussed in this case that is known in making bad, who knows made with various methods done by bitcoin users,

so we see where it stands, and that's a good, bad fact depending on you, and I remind you to use bitcoin wisely...
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
April 22, 2018, 12:27:24 PM
I think the possession of bitcoin is not a crime, bitcoin is a valuable asset to be used, owned and purchased. If you use bitcoin for criminal purposes like, money laundering, using bitcoin for terrorist purposes, that's a crime.

Owning a bitcoin is not a crime for most countries, it may depend on the regulation of each country, but here in our country we are free for as long as we will not scam people and we are not obliged to pay taxes with it too.
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
April 22, 2018, 12:24:20 PM
I think having bitcoin is not a crime, because to date in my country on its special there are no rules that prohibit to have bitcoin so I think as long as it does not violate government regulations have bitcoin is not a crime
Activity: 156
April 22, 2018, 12:17:03 PM
Huh, i don't think that owning a bitcoin will be a crime. Bitcoin is just a type of investment online that has it value. Thus people will buy it.
Activity: 195
April 22, 2018, 12:14:12 PM
I think the possession of bitcoin is not a crime, bitcoin is a valuable asset to be used, owned and purchased. If you use bitcoin for criminal purposes like, money laundering, using bitcoin for terrorist purposes, that's a crime.
Pages:
Jump to: