Pages:
Author

Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime? - page 6. (Read 1984 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
April 23, 2018, 02:46:09 AM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

it depends on how they use bitcoin because I think bitcoin is a free digital currency used for anything, it's not a bitcoin fault but the misuse of bitcoin users who use bitcoin as a crime.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
April 23, 2018, 02:43:26 AM
I think having bitcoin is not a crime, it has bitcoin a pride, because to collect 1BTC aja is very difficult,
The criminals use bitcoin for illegal goods transactions.
hrz
Activity: 476
April 23, 2018, 02:27:09 AM
having bitcoin is not a crime because we work hard to get bitcoin or we buy bitcoin with our money, unless we get bitcoin by stealing it in my opinion crime.
Activity: 201
April 23, 2018, 02:12:29 AM
Why would it be a crime? If if is allowed in the countries then it is not a crime. It would be crime if and only if your country already banned bitcoin and you are still having a secret access to crypto currencies. If all of the ways you have in earning bitcoin is legal to the forum and in your country, it would not be a crime.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 02:07:06 AM
No. Even the Muslim community has just declared bitcoin as Halal. Unless if your goverment bans it then its illegal. And I still can't call it a crime. It is currency.
Activity: 182
April 23, 2018, 02:02:33 AM
It is not. But if you use it for illegal activities,  it can be.
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 01:33:02 AM
Does it have a bitcoin crime?
I personally do not, bitcoin helps the community. but, it's all back to ourselves for what bitcoin we use.
but I think bitcoin itself has many benefits for myself.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
April 23, 2018, 01:18:43 AM
The function of bitcoin is not different from fiat currency, the difference is only in terms of physical form, bitcoin does not have it. Bitcoin is not created for crime, an irresponsible user who makes bitcoin a crime because each person has a different way of using bitcoin.
Activity: 186
April 23, 2018, 12:17:25 AM
No I don't think so, because if holding a bitcoin is a crime then it sound that you are implying that holding a money is a crime, you know that bitcoin is a currency, it is a money that circulates in the web. What I think here is that using bitcoin in some criminal acts (cause we all know that there are lots of criminal activities that can be done with the use of bitcoin) makes it a crime. And I don't think that holding or owning one can be called as crime.
Activity: 448
April 23, 2018, 12:12:48 AM
if owning bitcoin is a crime, everybody already sold their bitcoins now.
i don't think it is a crime. Bitcoin is same as other currencies and assets. nothing criminal about it.
Peoples can use money for buy drugs, then is owning money considered a crime ?

Correct for me it's not a crime because whatever happen it is your hard earned money. We can consider it as a crime on how you spend it and not how you earned it. And it's something that you can be proud of.
Activity: 406
April 22, 2018, 11:59:48 PM
if owning bitcoin is a crime, everybody already sold their bitcoins now.
i don't think it is a crime. Bitcoin is same as other currencies and assets. nothing criminal about it.
Peoples can use money for buy drugs, then is owning money considered a crime ?
April 22, 2018, 07:12:35 PM
In most parts of the planet, it's not. Except in countries that have placed strict regulations on cryptocurrencies or Bitcoin in particular. Now here's the thing, Bitcoin in it's sense is good. Having BTC is different from having illegal drugs. If you were caught having illegal drugs in your possession even though you're not using it, you're screwed! It doesn't need an action or activity for it to be illegal coz it has been deemed illegal. Unlike with BTC wherein if you have BTC in your possession but are using it for good work, then that's fine. The only problem is when some dammed individuals do illegal activities using BTC,  stains its image. And people fail to see and assess that it is not BTC that is illegal but the activity in which it was used. 
April 22, 2018, 06:58:15 PM
Bitcoin is free for any one to own anytime they would like to , there are however some countries that consider it a threat to their national economy and has hence decided to ban it, it may be a crime to own BTC in such countries, other than that, BTC is very legal
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
April 22, 2018, 06:37:10 PM

If youll be using bitcoin for illegal activities, then bitcoin is would make you commit a crime. But bitcoin is not just meant for that, it allows oeople all around tge world ti make easy transaction with any intervention of anyone or any group. There is no denying that bitcoin is being used for activities such as drug trading and other illegal activities. But it doesnt mean that bitcoin itself is illegal. There were countries who considered it illegal because it becime a threat to them but there were also countries who recognized it because it has many use for them.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
April 22, 2018, 06:36:16 PM
It will never be a crime unless it is being used by some fraudulent acts and illegal activities.Bitcoins existence helps the community to gain money..that they maybe able to used it as their another source of income.
I can prove it in my own, life changes when i join this community.Cryptocurrency and the blockchain technology had brought every individual wealth and owning bitcoin is not a crime nor a blessing to the humanity.
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 06:30:55 PM
Associate the btc with crimes so serious and even compare it to the possession of firearms seems to me to be an unjustified stretching and I do not know how it is possible to write this kind of articles.
Activity: 52
April 22, 2018, 06:28:05 PM
Owning a bitcoin it is an oppurtunity. Because the future of bitcoin is great it becomes useful so if you have a bitcoin it is not a crime it is the future.
Activity: 350
April 22, 2018, 06:23:28 PM
It is not crime to own or hold bitcoin. Bitcoin is currently being treated as software hence no regulations.It is when you try to use those bitcoins to buy some illegal stuff for example drugs etc, then it is considered illegal or crime.
Yes, a currency isn't a crime because actually it didn't harm anyone and they were born not for that reason also.
People just use them to do the illegal things or the harm things to others then you're accusing it's a crime ?
No i don't think it will work that way.
There are a lot of countries that accept to pay and trade in bitcoin so your bitcoin ownership is completely legal. I believe in the future bitcoin will be the global currency of the world, then you will use bitcoin to pay for everything.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
April 22, 2018, 04:15:09 PM
Explain to me please, how can the police prove that you have bitcoins? Grin
Activity: 154
April 22, 2018, 03:29:08 PM
Bitcoin is nothing but an alternative currency. Governments may not give their 100% support on it, that doesn’t make it illegal. Yeah one or two Governments have banned Bitcoin in their countries, still that doesn’t mean it’s a crime to hold Coins. Nope, it’s not any crime.
Pages:
Jump to: