Pages:
Author

Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime? - page 2. (Read 1984 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
April 23, 2018, 02:04:33 PM
Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.

It's like you said that having money is a crime. If bitcoin is a crime the world should banned it but as you see now it is not because it is not a crime. I don't want to elaborate my answer so much. You should understand  everything by now
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 01:56:19 PM
I think that owning Bitcoin is not a crime. Bitcoin is a new kind of payment system. With no help from any bank or government system, we can make payments to anyone. But some people are taking advantage of this thing to take illegal use. Some countries have put people using Bitcoin in the list of crime. But soon this problem will be solved
Activity: 99
April 23, 2018, 01:55:33 PM
No owning bitcoin is not a crime but if you used bitcoin to buy a weapon it is a crime you need to do is not to use it at any bad transaction like other peope do.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
April 23, 2018, 01:53:11 PM
Not going to be a crime unless you are going to fool people to get their money thru bitcoin's name or if you arent going to use bitcoin to buy illegal stuffs in the deepweb you wont get any crime charges.Bitcoin should be use as a currency but not a gateaway from the crimes that we might faced using the fiat currencies.
Activity: 13
April 23, 2018, 01:52:25 PM
I believe there are too many laws trying to govern bitcoin usage. When people realize that the government should not work with Bitcoin cause its not their currency there is already taxation of the currency through buying it. Either then that there should be no way to government regulate the currencies.
Activity: 92
April 23, 2018, 01:48:48 PM
Bitcoin is a new currency that is virtual and most importantly private without any control of the Governments of the world. Though it is banned in some countries but it is freely running well in many countries. The technology behind this cryptocurrency is innovative and will stay for long period. But one thing can be said that owning bitcoin is not crime at all.
Activity: 204
April 23, 2018, 01:41:33 PM
Although some people use bitcoin for bad purposes, they use bitcoin to trade in weapons or certain banned substances but that does not mean the owner of the bitcoin is a criminal. It depends on each country's regulations on bitcoin.
Activity: 182
April 23, 2018, 01:36:19 PM
I do not think so, owning Bitcoin and having it is the wish of many is not the same as how many people think Bitcoin is dangerous. Do not learn do not work and think about it you can not understand. have Bitcoin and own a lot of Bitcoin money you will be the focus of the society it's positive rather than negative. I do not agree that possession of Bitcoin is a crime.
Activity: 378
April 23, 2018, 01:23:14 PM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

No, how it can be a crime? If you only holding it. Just like what other said there is no criminal offense or any illegal activity in owning a bitcoin. Bitcoin is only for making our life better it's just like a job but in bitcoin you earn but you need to wait for a long time.
Activity: 238
dApps Development Automation Platform
April 23, 2018, 01:22:14 PM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh

No laws yet says that having bitcoin is against the law (at least here in my country) Government only warns us about possible danger when transacting with bitcoin exchanges.
Activity: 230
Merit: 108
April 23, 2018, 01:08:44 PM
No,  there is no criminal offense or any illegal activity in owning a bitcoin. 
The comoany of bircoin performs in a good faith wherein all things are good and under the jurisdiction of the law,  so nothing to worry about because bitcoin is a legal thing that supported by the national government.
Activity: 70
April 23, 2018, 11:24:07 AM
 Bitcoin is another way of making money for other people, they find success in bitcoin and they don't hurt anybody here. Unless they are scammers read clearly
Activity: 203
Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really
April 23, 2018, 11:19:57 AM
I'm sorry bitcoin in General can now be tied to crime.I was hoping that this area will be free from crime completely and will look clean
Activity: 658
Merit: 126
April 23, 2018, 11:03:24 AM
It always depends on the user of course, when I was new here I also hear that humor but the more you will stay here in forum. You will realized that true essence of it. Our life also owned by us so do what you want and mind your own business either it good or bad.
Activity: 343
April 23, 2018, 11:03:12 AM
I also noticed this trend and unfortunately to notice that all of this hard saying.I hope that it sometime will be governed by the law and no crime will not be
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
April 23, 2018, 10:51:09 AM
In the beginning, I also had such question.
Recently, tax office in my country gave clear instructions how to report profit from bitcoin and other crypto currencies.
So, we have legal regulation now.
Of course, still is possible that criminals can use bitcoin for their own purpose but at least we don't need to hide our bitcoin income any more.
Activity: 296
April 23, 2018, 10:45:51 AM
unfortunately, bitcoin and cryptocurrencies really began to be used for these purposes.I think that the legalization of cryptocurrencies in all countries will help to avoid this
Activity: 364
April 23, 2018, 10:01:57 AM
Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.

Of course not. Why will it be a crime? Only those people who are skeptic about bitcoin thinks so. Even those who don't believe to what bitcoin can do. They have been close minded to innovations that bitcoin can bring to our society.
Activity: 76
Merit: 7
Activity: 504
April 23, 2018, 09:42:49 AM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh

I don't think so. Bitcoins have brought more good than harm as compared to owning a gun that might kill someone. But it really all depends on which country you live in. Some countries ban mining while others ban owning bitcoins. Worst case might be death when found guilty.
Pages:
Jump to: