Pages:
Author

Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime? - page 4. (Read 1984 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 106
April 23, 2018, 06:44:56 AM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/
nope . owning bitcoin is probably not a crime unless you use it on any bad things or commit crime
maybe the article is somewhat like a small not affecting fud but nice try hahahahaha
if that so its a crime other big known investor should be in prison now
Activity: 226
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 06:44:00 AM
in my opinion having bitcoin is not a crime, bitcoin is a digital currency which means bitcoin can be used by anyone including for crime or not depends on saipa using bitcoin, there is used for good action and some are used for crime action.
Bitcoin is not a crime or maybe holding it. I think owning bitcoin is just an strategy to gain a huge amount of profit in the near future. I believe that bitcoin will really rise soon and if we are going. To own it today we an really become more profitable in the near future doing such profitable thing is really not a crime on fact that was a great strategy.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
April 23, 2018, 06:41:24 AM
in my opinion having bitcoin is not a crime, bitcoin is a digital currency which means bitcoin can be used by anyone including for crime or not depends on saipa using bitcoin, there is used for good action and some are used for crime action.
Activity: 188
April 23, 2018, 06:37:03 AM
Obviously bitcoin is not for crime. Bitcoin will be a crime when bitcoin is not illegal, we all know that this will only be a crime if you do something illegal but everyone knows that bitcoin is legal. There are some countries prohibiting the existence of bitcoin in their country but they do not say that it is illegal. They do not allow bitcoin to run in their country but they do not mark bitcoin or have bitcoin as an illegal act or a crime. Therefore there must be proof of approval from the government in order to gain substantial profits in that country. Cool
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
April 23, 2018, 06:36:02 AM
Why should owning bitcoin a crime?
There are few cases that owning bitcoin can be a crime, if you have stolen bitcoins, if you hacked users or something related to the shady behaviors that are related to "crime"
In this way owning bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency can be counted as a bad thing.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 06:21:29 AM
It is not any crime to hold BTC .Only its use in illegal activities may be crime . So it is currency like fiat money. So hold it.
Activity: 14
April 23, 2018, 06:11:59 AM
Owning btc is not a crime!
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
April 23, 2018, 06:07:56 AM
Nope I don't see any reason why it should be considered as a crime.
Bitcoin is a crypto currency then if holding a currency is a crime then holding Fiat should also be considered as one.
It would only be a crime if you are using it for something illegal.
Activity: 854
Merit: 140
April 23, 2018, 06:02:19 AM
Owning bitcoin isn't a crime however since some countries banned bitcoin then the usage of bitcoin for money / retail transactions can be considered as an act against the law. In my countries in South East Asia, regulations for bitcoin hasn't been finalized, most government banned bitcoin but exchangers are still active and as long as we don't buy a cup of coffee with bitcoin then it won't be a crime.  Grin Grin
Activity: 144
April 23, 2018, 05:58:12 AM
Having Bitcoin is not a crime. But having Bitcoin is a job for everyone who joins in it. People who are unemployed after knowing and joining Bitcoin eventually become self-managed jobs. I do not think having Bitcoin is a crime. Because Bitcoin has changed my life so much better than before.
Activity: 182
April 23, 2018, 05:54:37 AM
Seriously? How can you say that. Bitcoin is the most important thing that ever created in the history of technology, Please stick in the positive side so you would know the answer to your question. Bitcoin is not deadly far from what you have said.
Activity: 46
April 23, 2018, 05:50:07 AM
 In my personal opinion, if you live in a country that is forbidden use bitcoin and you own bitcoin, then of course you are an offender. Because criminality is simply a way of defining a violation of a certain law of the government, including the law that you assume unreasonable
Activity: 56
April 23, 2018, 05:43:46 AM

oh no, crypto currency cannot be compared to criminal activities. it is  currency. everyone can use it for transactions. trader, investor, bounty hunter also criminal activities.
Activity: 98
April 23, 2018, 05:42:02 AM
Ya it is a crime, because you can kill someone by shooting him with your 0.15 Bitcoin.
Activity: 85
Merit: 1
April 23, 2018, 05:41:14 AM
It depends on who is going to judge you. As for me, I don't see anything illegal in owning a bitcoin

Owning a bitcoin is not a crime unless the bitcoin holder will use it for illegal purposes. Also it is consider as a crime if your are in a country that sees bitcoin as an illegal thing. As long as the bitcoin holder wont use it to harm others or use it to purchase illegal things it is not considered as a crime.
Activity: 224
April 23, 2018, 05:38:54 AM
owning bitcoin itself cannot be a crime unless your country has banned cryptocurrency.
Activity: 32
April 23, 2018, 05:35:49 AM
Owing a bitcoin is not a crime unless it is earned from illegal business. Else, if anybody paid the taxes from the income of bitcoins, then it is not a crime.
Activity: 364
PlayGame.com
April 23, 2018, 05:34:51 AM
i think no there are no policy said that owning bitcoin is a crime, there are only on some country that said bitcoin is illegal and its a crime if you owning bitcoin, i think bitcoin is like the investment things, if you said owning bitcoin is a crime i think you san say that owning gold is a crime too because bitcoin and gold has a same function
Activity: 258
April 23, 2018, 05:29:25 AM
The news is like a yellow newspaper. possession of certain assets, can not make you a criminal, unless of course the laws of your country do not say that.
Activity: 164
April 23, 2018, 05:21:21 AM
It depends on who is going to judge you. As for me, I don't see anything illegal in owning a bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: