Pages:
Author

Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime? - page 5. (Read 1984 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 3
April 23, 2018, 05:18:07 AM
owning bitcoin depends on the country u are living at the same time no government or country can determine or ban or stop holding a bitcoin
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 05:08:33 AM
Being a BTC owner can never be an crime. The owner of such money is not called crime. If a Bitcoin owner use it for any illegal purposes then it will be a crime. As can be the case for money. That is, there is no crime in the ownership of Bitcoin.

Thank You.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
April 23, 2018, 04:58:00 AM
No

/thread
I think this is more than enough to answer OP.

Anything that can be purchased with bitcoin can be purchased using fiat. So now is owning money also a crime? No, cause they are issued by government and since they are issued by them it doesn't matters if one can purchase drugs or anything illegal with them, but since bitcoin isn't controlled by them it is a crime to own it.
Activity: 308
April 23, 2018, 04:52:43 AM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

I think that is absurd, bitcoins doesn't even go against current laws much more inflict harm to others. These news somehow gives us idea how bitcoin is getting more and more famous that it is being incorporated to other subjects that should be totally not part of its functions.
Activity: 84
April 23, 2018, 04:47:43 AM
I believe there's nothing wrong when you own bitcoin, it's like you're just owning such money. It becomes wrong when you trade it for a wrong way like illegal transactions. You are the one who are responsible to make it right or nah. And as far as I know, crime starts in your mind.
Activity: 94
April 23, 2018, 04:46:50 AM
How did you say that holding bitcoin is a crime? Is there's any law about it? Maybe your point is those people doing or wrong use of bitcoin is a crime like they used it for scamming. Holding bitcoin is not a crime.
Activity: 61
April 23, 2018, 04:43:08 AM
It is actually not since bitcoin is never been confirmed as a CRIME to own it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
April 23, 2018, 04:42:25 AM
To me,Its just like saying is working and earning money a crime?.. The response to your question depends on how you earn the bitcoin.
If it is by hacking peoples account or any dubious way I agree, it is a crime.
But if it is earned by proper process. It is not a crime.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
April 23, 2018, 04:38:14 AM
For me, owning a bitcoin isn't like possessing a gun, it's because bitcoin is money and an investment. Bitcoin is very legal here in my country, there is no way holding it can be a crime. 

In your country where bitcoin is legalized and accepted then it could never be a crime but to other countries who have banned bitcoin, then it is another story. If you were to use bitcoin in those countries and you will be found out by the government then you could probably face some punishment for violating the law.
Activity: 668
DogData
April 23, 2018, 04:33:28 AM

Owning BTC cannot be compared to owning a weapon, and guns can still be legally held for self protection. BTC isn't harmful to anyone and cant kill either, so holding it isn't as illegal
that btc really will not kill someone if we do not all kinds. so when using btc we also need to be careful to hold it. because btc it is very helpful to us in terms of economy, which currently makes people fret.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 04:25:13 AM
Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/
Not at all. Having Bitcoin is not a crime but a benefit we can get. But it all depends on each person who has it. If he had Bitcoin and used it in crime he would be abusing Bitcoin. And such a thing does not need to be imitated because this will only destroy the popularity of Bitcoin.
Activity: 150
April 23, 2018, 04:20:54 AM
I think owning bitcoin isn't that bad as a crime because when you held something or that something you possess of, it depends on you on how it may look to other people, either it may seem to be bad or good. It comes with great responsibility in possessing bitcoin though.
Activity: 196
April 23, 2018, 04:14:17 AM
For me, owning a bitcoin isn't like possessing a gun, it's because bitcoin is money and an investment. Bitcoin is very legal here in my country, there is no way holding it can be a crime. 
i think bitcoin is just helping people to change their life if someone is miss using bitcoin so its not a good idea and its not a mistake of bitcoin.
Activity: 224
April 23, 2018, 03:55:02 AM
I think having bitcoin is not a criminal offense as long as we do not break the rules and do not use them for illegal activities and criminality.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
April 23, 2018, 03:39:42 AM
is owning land a crime? - if not, holding Bitcoins is never a crime.
Activity: 225
Merit: 107
April 23, 2018, 03:29:16 AM
THATS IS NOT A CRIME YOUR PAY FOR YOUR BITCOIN THATS NOT A CRIME
Activity: 420
CAT.EX Exchange
April 23, 2018, 03:19:46 AM
I don't think that owning bitcoin is a crime but maybe in a country that doesn't allow bitcoin, it will be a crime. but I don't see that if we own bitcoin, we can break any law. and if you are afraid to own bitcoin then you can sell your bitcoin and get the money and get out from bitcoin without any plan to come back in bitcoin world again.
I really agree with your writing. if it does have a bitcoin said to be a crime, what's the difference with people who have money. bitcoin is like money. then it depends on what the money is used for. it all depends on the owner. if indeed the money was made to buy a gun and then used to rob, it can be said with a crime. but if the money is made for trading or any other that is of positive value. whether it can be said of a crime.
Activity: 231
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 03:07:03 AM

Owning BTC cannot be compared to owning a weapon, and guns can still be legally held for self protection. BTC isn't harmful to anyone and cant kill either, so holding it isn't as illegal

I strongly agree on your opinion that, owning BTC cannot be compared to owning a weapon, and guns can still be legally held for self protection. And BTC isn't harmful to anyone and cant kill either, so holding it isn't as illegal. And adding also my opinion that, It would mean that this forum is full with hardcore criminals, Thymos would be some like godfather Don Corleone, with all his lieutenants and soldiers, If you wish to join the clan you need to pass  initiation, like to hack some bank or old lady and then you will be able to join us here. In addition, owning bitcoin or any other cryptos is not a crime in some countries. Just like the Canadian government, its just worried for the black market trade that is happening through dark web where the medium of payment is crypto currency.
Activity: 294
Merit: 34
April 23, 2018, 03:04:06 AM
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
April 23, 2018, 02:48:19 AM
Mr,how can owning a reputable cryptocurrency like bitcoin be a crime?A  digital currency that has the potential of changing the financial direction of this world and giving jobs to many be a crime.It very honourous to own bitcoin.It is the most sort after digital currency now in the world.Everybody must try and own some btc .
Pages:
Jump to: