Pages:
Author

Topic: Is regulation good or bad? - page 33. (Read 30843 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
May 14, 2019, 02:55:04 PM
Regulation is inevitable if we have mainstream adoption. So long as crypto remained niche it flew under the radar of the authorities and anonymity was tolerated. Now however there is a lot of money involved, a lot of scams alongside the legitimate projects, and lots of consumers are buying in... I know governments look to squeeze money out of whatever they can, and also like to have surveillance of their citizens, but they also have a duty of care to consumers and that includes regulating crypto. It's just inevitable as far as I can see, good or bad it will still happen. Personally I think it has good points as well as bad.
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
May 14, 2019, 02:36:38 PM
In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?
On account of the fact that no one is interested in how much money you have in the bank, you are greatly mistaken. Governments are in control of this issue. And if your account in the bank exceeds a certain level (in each country this is a different amount of money), then certain authorities will closely monitor where your money comes from and where it is spent.
Regarding the regulation of crypto currencies, then the question is ambiguous. On the one hand, it really should help weed out some fraudsters. But on the other hand, regulation violates the idea of ​​crypto currencies as a whole. Bitcoin was created so that people don't depend on the regulatory authorities.
But in our reality, I think that regulation will bring more benefits.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
May 14, 2019, 02:36:12 PM
sooner or later regulations are unavoidable, but it is much better scenario than cryptocurrency ban, isn´t it? Like India wants to ban all cryptocurrencies because they do not know how to regulate them.
Activity: 486
Merit: 100
May 14, 2019, 02:31:01 PM
I believe that they do not speak there, but the currency that will never be stable and regulated on the Internet.  Because it is not a protective environment and here you can do what you want.
Activity: 574
Merit: 1
May 14, 2019, 02:28:30 PM
No doubt regulation is good for investors. I think that give good results when we invest some of popular project & three or four projects.The reason behind if one or two projects not give us good earnings then maybe other balancing our earnings. I think so.
Activity: 332
Merit: 22
Turkish Translator
May 14, 2019, 02:20:57 PM
The Blockchain revolution is a legal revolution. Therefore, the regulations that come with state regulations should include cryptocurrency. This will increase our chances of getting rid of crooks and scammers.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 250
May 14, 2019, 01:44:55 PM
in general, regulations will have a good impact on all parties, including investors, countries and developers, who, with this regulation, will have legal certainty for cryptocurrency users, moreover we know that there are currently a lot of project fraud and theft in this business, so solutions the best is to make regulations.

I also strongly agree if there are regulations regarding regulations that can have a good impact for all groups and can eradicate fraud that often occurs in crypto currency because the name fraud can harm many parties, of course.
copper member
Activity: 617
Merit: 3
The wonders of the blockchain technology
May 14, 2019, 01:40:22 PM
In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

Regulate ICOs = good
Tell crypto owners to declare their asseslts= VERY BAD
Monitor Crypto owners by their wallet and transactions = The worst thing you can ever think of but governments will be thinking of that.

When the whole regulation boils down to monitoring each user by their address just like facebook coin must be intending (IMO), then this kind of regulation invades privacy and its bad for the Crypto Space
Activity: 247
Merit: 1
May 14, 2019, 01:30:16 PM
I think it's necessary. It's not a matter of if hackers will happen but when so having regulation including KYC and AML compliance we can make sure these types of instances don't happen.

This interview made me realize the importance of regulation to solve theft: https://blocktv.com/watch/2019-05-14/5cdadbe440cb1-how-to-solve-the-spate-of-cryptocurrency-thefts?utm_content=91740870&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-3972254294
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
May 14, 2019, 12:39:45 PM
Regulation is definitely god for the crypto community. Imagine if there were rules to punish scammers, people would not lose their money when they invest. Regulations will also guide us in making decisions.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
The First Idle Defense Blockchain Game
May 14, 2019, 12:12:28 PM
If a person plans to use cryptocurrencies as an alternative method of payment for services/products, then he will not have any difference from whether there is regulation in the blockchain industry or not.
of course there must be a difference, because if there will be the use of one asset for a payment method or another, it is clear that the speed of transactions and security must be the main consideration. other than that, the government I think will not like it that much, because the regulations set will be very complicated.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 100
Vave.com
May 14, 2019, 12:09:27 PM
to help of chance as the good appropriation to work on extensive with decision of entrance into the field of the bitcoin finance that partisan with the parts on scheme as the request on exchange to commit on plan with examination to gains as the good helps as disputing funds and more as with work on efforts to refer of one on decision to manage with the supports on confidence as entrance into the scheme of majors on work with aggregate limit on level of moderation.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
May 14, 2019, 12:06:21 PM
More than good or bad, I think it's inevitable.

As for having all of our coins tracked, I think that's inevitable too, and maybe countries will start to legislate against privacy coins.
Having everything tracked goes way beyond crypto though, it's part of the surveillance society that we have started to move into, and what is in effect a behavioural futures market. Personal data is valuable and is resold everywhere, it's what Google and Facebook do and it's spreading. IoT, whilst it does bring benefits, will also exacerbate this tracking. And having all of your crypto tracked falls into this too.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
May 14, 2019, 11:59:59 AM
If a person plans to use cryptocurrencies as an alternative method of payment for services/products, then he will not have any difference from whether there is regulation in the blockchain industry or not.
Activity: 868
Merit: 106
May 14, 2019, 11:58:14 AM
in general, regulations will have a good impact on all parties, including investors, countries and developers, who, with this regulation, will have legal certainty for cryptocurrency users, moreover we know that there are currently a lot of project fraud and theft in this business, so solutions the best is to make regulations.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3067
May 13, 2019, 11:04:02 AM

I think is a bad idea but is necessary because as you say, ton of icos end in scam, and isn't fun at all to see people running with our money in their hands while we just watch and can't do anything, that's why i say it's necessary... The problem is that each country should make it's own laws for the regulation.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
May 13, 2019, 11:01:39 AM
Adjustment representing the marketplace are affirmative. as everybody in the marketplace is active as he desires. Desires to rise the marketplace hard threatening marketplace. I'm in prefer of the systems.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
May 13, 2019, 10:51:53 AM
The adjacency of adjustment is pressing and extremely even needful, I am confident that with narrow rule it desire decrease the amount of bunco scheme so that we buoy look a growth and many steady marketplace.
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
May 08, 2019, 06:40:27 PM
It is quite still okay to deliberate on regulation in the crypto Industry, when report estimating the scam in crypto to be at 1.2 billions dollars is in the news. At this point, we have all reasons to ensure regulation is put in place. Regulation would allow the majority of people out there to trust the industry.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
May 07, 2019, 10:35:34 PM
Of course every regulation that will have a good impact on the development of companies or products such as Crypto, clearly requires clear regulation so that Crypto can run well and get a place in all agencies so that circulation will be very large. So regulation is very important for the development of Crypto in the future.
Not at all. regulation and legalization will not be made by the government just like that, without certain conditions. the government certainly wants to take advantage of the regulation, and the tax might be applied, and we might also be enforced to do KYC, developments might progress, but will KYC be good for us?
Pages:
Jump to: