Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ripple the currency of the future? - page 68. (Read 7451 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 07:21:48 AM
yes my mine.
in my country ripple has been expanded with national bank
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
January 19, 2018, 07:09:34 AM
Sorry to say but ripple is nowhere near being the future of crypto world. It made some people rich because of the unique project and the hype but it’s not going to be everyone’s favorite because of the way it works.
Activity: 361
Merit: 10
BIB Exchange
January 19, 2018, 07:06:59 AM
it may be in the future because the current development is very good.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
January 19, 2018, 07:02:51 AM
I don't think Ripple is the currency of the future, but I believe that will be widely used. Some of big banks use it and I think the price right now is good to buy and invest as long term option.
Activity: 149
January 19, 2018, 06:57:11 AM
Everything is possible! Since 15 of the world's top 50 banks use the Ripple technology to conduct transactions.
Activity: 14
January 19, 2018, 06:32:19 AM
I doubt it. I won't comment on its usefulness of a technology but as a crypto currency it seems useless. It is super centralized, the nodes are selective, and it touts a 3s transaction time yet any major credit card is faster than that.
Activity: 168
January 19, 2018, 06:25:21 AM
A lot of people are saying that it can't be the future because of the corporate banks but when you think about it, doesn't it make more sense that banks would push it to be the future exactly because of that reason? Of course, it's not a good thing to have a coin controlled by the banks as the future (especially in China in all places), but if it were to be established as the future, at least people would have a taste of what it's like and could then learn about other future potential cryptos.

Thoughts?
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
January 19, 2018, 06:12:26 AM
Evryone known what xrp in the last year ( something like 30000% ). The ripple project is workin' like future bank. In Your opinion is possibile for Ripple become the new global currency for the world?
Well, i don't believe that ripple will be the global currency in the future but i strongly believe that its value will appreciate significantly in the nearest future.  So whoever invest in ripple will have the course to smile in the nearest future though i will like to add that you should invest your money wisely not just because of what people say but you have to do your own research so that at the end of the day you will not have any one to blame for your decision but yourself.
In the past, I did not think the price of Ripple can be 1 Dollar like currently.
But the price of Bitcoin reached $20,000 and the price of Ripple reached $1 in the last year made my opinion for the price of Ripple changed.
For the potential and ability of this coin for the society and the world, I believe it will have value more than $100 someday, soon!
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
January 19, 2018, 03:49:10 AM
In my opinion  XRP will be bigger than btc and etherium.
Btc too slow too expensive
And etherium too slow and toooo much of an attack vector trough one persons cult Wink
Praise lord vitalik, but not when he threatens to leave, right guys...right? Shocked
XRP -Universal currency!

Ripple is good coin but when they says it's a banks coin, I thought this is not decentralized so I'm not investing to this ripple. Ripple can't bypass bitcoin and ethereum to be the first money in the future.
Lol tell me how many tps etherium and btc can do
 Also tell me about the fees Wink
And tell me how long it takes to transfer them

Might as well advocate for people using paypal if that is what you care about. High tps, fast, low fees, and fully compliant with regulations and government pressure. As for how many tps, fees or whatever bitcoin can do, let's talk after the lightning network is here.

Ripple can not be the crypto currency of the future. The future is behind decentralized crypto-currencies, and not completely centralized and manageable, although this coin itself is very useful in the banking system. However, let her work there. It should not be extolled among other crypto-currencies, because it does not meet the criteria of decentralized crypto currency.

https://ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/

5. Is the XRP Ledger centralized?
This is a top misconception with the XRP Ledger. Centralization implies that a single entity controls the Ledger. While Ripple contributes to the open-source code of the XRP Ledger, we don’t own, control, or administer the XRP Ledger.

Ripple has an interest in supporting the XRP Ledger for several reasons, including contributing to the longer-term strategy to encourage the use of XRP as a liquidity tool for financial institutions. Decentralization of the XRP Ledger is a process that started right at its inception and has been ongoing since. In May 2017, we publicly shared our decentralization strategy.

First, we announced plans to continue to diversify validators on the XRP Ledger, which we expanded to 55 validator nodes in July 2017. We also shared plans to add attested validators to Unique Node Lists (UNLs), and announced over the course of 2017 and 2018, for every two attested third-party validating nodes that meet the objective criteria mentioned above, we will remove one validating node operated by Ripple, until no entity operates a majority of trusted nodes on the XRP Ledger.

We believe these efforts will increase the XRP Ledger’s enterprise-grade resiliency and robustness, leading to XRP’s continued adoption as the best digital asset for payments.

You honestly bought that bs? Or rather, are you hoping anyone buys that bs? Such decentralization, with those 55 validating nodes shared between ripple labs and their hand picked partners. And while ripple labs pretends the ledger isn't centralized, it also controls over 60 billion of the total 100 billion xrp. Guess what happened when one of the founders tried to sell his 9 billion xrp share? Other than the price plummeting that is. Ripple labs decided they didn't want him to and froze his coins. They can literally freeze transactions they don't like. And if that isn't enough they can also stop the entire network with their "global freeze functionality". Doesn't get more centralized than that.

Me thinks ripple is future.
More decentralized tha  bitcorn and etherium together  Smiley

So you've said. Repeatedly. Too bad that doesn't make it true.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
January 18, 2018, 03:31:02 PM
Evryone known what xrp in the last year ( something like 30000% ). The ripple project is workin' like future bank. In Your opinion is possibile for Ripple become the new global currency for the world?
Well, i don't believe that ripple will be the global currency in the future but i strongly believe that its value will appreciate significantly in the nearest future.  So whoever invest in ripple will have the course to smile in the nearest future though i will like to add that you should invest your money wisely not just because of what people say but you have to do your own research so that at the end of the day you will not have any one to blame for your decision but yourself.
Activity: 107
January 18, 2018, 03:21:22 PM
I hold a small amount of ripple just to see what happens.
Activity: 1099
Merit: 267
January 18, 2018, 03:19:11 PM
Ripple can not be the crypto currency of the future. The future is behind decentralized crypto-currencies, and not completely centralized and manageable, although this coin itself is very useful in the banking system. However, let her work there. It should not be extolled among other crypto-currencies, because it does not meet the criteria of decentralized crypto currency.

https://ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/

5. Is the XRP Ledger centralized?
This is a top misconception with the XRP Ledger. Centralization implies that a single entity controls the Ledger. While Ripple contributes to the open-source code of the XRP Ledger, we don’t own, control, or administer the XRP Ledger.

Ripple has an interest in supporting the XRP Ledger for several reasons, including contributing to the longer-term strategy to encourage the use of XRP as a liquidity tool for financial institutions. Decentralization of the XRP Ledger is a process that started right at its inception and has been ongoing since. In May 2017, we publicly shared our decentralization strategy.

First, we announced plans to continue to diversify validators on the XRP Ledger, which we expanded to 55 validator nodes in July 2017. We also shared plans to add attested validators to Unique Node Lists (UNLs), and announced over the course of 2017 and 2018, for every two attested third-party validating nodes that meet the objective criteria mentioned above, we will remove one validating node operated by Ripple, until no entity operates a majority of trusted nodes on the XRP Ledger.

We believe these efforts will increase the XRP Ledger’s enterprise-grade resiliency and robustness, leading to XRP’s continued adoption as the best digital asset for payments.
Activity: 1099
Merit: 267
January 18, 2018, 03:17:21 PM
Ripple is good coin but when they says it's a banks coin, I thought this is not decentralized so I'm not investing to this ripple. Ripple can't bypass bitcoin and ethereum to be the first money in the future.
Lol tell me how many tps etherium and btc can do
 Also tell me about the fees Wink
And tell me how long it takes to transfer them
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
January 18, 2018, 03:17:08 PM
Activity: 350
Merit: 105
January 18, 2018, 03:02:47 PM
Activity: 214
January 18, 2018, 02:46:15 PM
I think, your imagination is too high. ripple has the potential to develop in the future. but until now, the price of RIPPLE is still not stable.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
January 18, 2018, 02:35:10 PM
Ripple had shown some amazing improvement for the last few weeks, and its value had drastically Increased. Ripple definitely have a future due to its potential but i don't think that it is the future currency leaving bitcoin and other leading currencies behind. Though everything is uncertain but i find it quite impossible for such to happen.
Activity: 36
January 18, 2018, 02:28:39 PM

Ripple is very useless today, the value is not even increasing even for 1 year of holding it. In my own opinion, you should invest on bitcoins or ethcoins if you have a good amount of budget because this 2 coins are more profitable rather than ripple. The value of ripple is cheaper but it does not have the potential to grow its value.

Yes after holding for one year and increased value of 30k% nobody made gains.
Logic wins everytime.
Mods remove the bots

The problem is not with the price of Ripple. The problem is its centralized structure.
I agreed with you. Ì Crypto is centralized, I don't think it can it grow like this.
Activity: 530
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 18, 2018, 02:14:26 PM

Ripple is very useless today, the value is not even increasing even for 1 year of holding it. In my own opinion, you should invest on bitcoins or ethcoins if you have a good amount of budget because this 2 coins are more profitable rather than ripple. The value of ripple is cheaper but it does not have the potential to grow its value.

Yes after holding for one year and increased value of 30k% nobody made gains.
Logic wins everytime.
Mods remove the bots

The problem is not with the price of Ripple. The problem is its centralized structure.
Activity: 518
https://www.empirehotels.io/
January 18, 2018, 11:32:34 AM
can be spelled out like that, XRP really shows a significant increase. they are also fast developing in their projects.
Pages:
Jump to: