Pages:
Author

Topic: Is science a religion? - page 20. (Read 47434 times)

Activity: 256
Merit: 250
February 04, 2017, 03:20:34 PM
Science constantly develops by denying itself. Scientific theories are based on experimentation and observation. Scientifically, all processes can be explained from BigBang.

We do not know what happened before BigBang. There are different theories for this. For example False vacuum
The theory of infinite universes, Quantum waves are currently only the theory. We can not test them experimentally.
But nobody argues that the earth came from the big Bang. It's called the big Bang THEORY. And the Church says that the earth was created by God. It is not correct. Religion is afraid of science. And afraid of educated people.

BigBang theory is an experimental theory. So BigBang can be proved at the cosmos we live in.
But we can not explain the Quantum Fluctuations at this time. It can be explained by some physical and mathematical theories on paper.

It's normal for religions to be afraid of science. Because the writers of the holy books and the scientific theories contradict each other.

Why are you afraid of educated people?
The Church is afraid of educated people because it is in their face is losing its supporters. The more educated people the less faithful. I am a supporter of science. In our time religion breeds fanatics and provokes a war.

In the 21st century, the influence of religions on the earth began to decline considerably. With the Internet and technology, people can access information faster.
To me, after entering the 22st century, religions will have completely disappeared.
I would not have argued. It would be nice to keep it that way. Unfortunately the governments of almost all States of the world support narcotic people by religious leaders. Of religion and state at the same time.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 04, 2017, 02:44:18 PM
Science constantly develops by denying itself. Scientific theories are based on experimentation and observation. Scientifically, all processes can be explained from BigBang.

We do not know what happened before BigBang. There are different theories for this. For example False vacuum
The theory of infinite universes, Quantum waves are currently only the theory. We can not test them experimentally.
But nobody argues that the earth came from the big Bang. It's called the big Bang THEORY. And the Church says that the earth was created by God. It is not correct. Religion is afraid of science. And afraid of educated people.

BigBang theory is an experimental theory. So BigBang can be proved at the cosmos we live in.
But we can not explain the Quantum Fluctuations at this time. It can be explained by some physical and mathematical theories on paper.

It's normal for religions to be afraid of science. Because the writers of the holy books and the scientific theories contradict each other.

The Church is afraid of educated people because it is in their face is losing its supporters. The more educated people the less faithful. I am a supporter of science. In our time religion breeds fanatics and provokes a war.

In the 21st century, the influence of religions on the earth began to decline considerably. With the Internet and technology, people can access information faster.
To me, after entering the 22st century, religions will have completely disappeared.
Activity: 223
February 04, 2017, 01:59:09 PM

February 04, 2017, 01:49:37 PM

Activity: 255
February 04, 2017, 01:39:53 PM

February 04, 2017, 01:35:03 PM

February 04, 2017, 01:17:03 PM
Well, science is not religion and it doesn’t just come down to faith. Although it has many of religion’s virtues, it has none of its vices. Science is based upon verifiable evidence. Religious faith not only lacks evidence, its independence from evidence is its pride and joy, shouted from the rooftops.

Some scientists work on a specific science project for more than 30 years. And they still haven't found out if their project is accurate the way they hypothesize. Sounds like a lot of faith to me.

Cool
Right, you say. Scientists can 30 years to conduct experiments until they 100% prove it to be true. All this time they do not claim that it is. I would understand believers who say that God probably is, but they claim there is a God without evidence.

+1

That is a textbook definition of delusion.  Religion is a mental illness.
Everyone understands that religion is a mental illness, but I wonder why it's not responding state? Why are churches tax-exempt? I think that in the interests of the state to have more crazies. They are easier to manage!
February 04, 2017, 01:07:38 PM
Well, science is not religion and it doesn’t just come down to faith. Although it has many of religion’s virtues, it has none of its vices. Science is based upon verifiable evidence. Religious faith not only lacks evidence, its independence from evidence is its pride and joy, shouted from the rooftops.

Some scientists work on a specific science project for more than 30 years. And they still haven't found out if their project is accurate the way they hypothesize. Sounds like a lot of faith to me.

Cool
Right, you say. Scientists can 30 years to conduct experiments until they 100% prove it to be true. All this time they do not claim that it is. I would understand believers who say that God probably is, but they claim there is a God without evidence.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
February 04, 2017, 12:56:47 PM
The afterlife does not exist.
Really? Considering you haven't died yet to know this, how do you know? Your just guessing.

You yourself say that the evidence of its existence is not. To believe this can only fanatics and children.
Afterlife I assume your talking about here.
I never said this, I said nobody knows what happens after our death (if anything). Fanatics and children? What are you talking about?   Huh

How can you abandon the goods of this life in the name of non-existent life.
Lost me on this one?  Huh

Activity: 282
February 04, 2017, 12:05:05 PM

Cool
Christianity has been around for centuries and Christians still haven't figured out if it's the truth yet, let alone agree with each other. All they can do is just say it's the truth, but not actually put anything solid on the table. Sounds like a lot of faith to me. Blind faith.

In my understanding, blind faith is fanaticism.

I wouldn't say fanaticism. I mean many people believe something will happen after they die (afterlife for example), I wouldn't claim this as fanaticism.
Nobody knows what happens after our death (if anything), because we haven't died yet to find out. It's all blind faith.

The afterlife does not exist. You yourself say that the evidence of its existence is not. To believe this can only fanatics and children. How can you abandon the goods of this life in the name of non-existent life.
legendary
February 04, 2017, 11:38:56 AM

Cool
Christianity has been around for centuries and Christians still haven't figured out if it's the truth yet, let alone agree with each other. All they can do is just say it's the truth, but not actually put anything solid on the table. Sounds like a lot of faith to me. Blind faith.

In my understanding, blind faith is fanaticism.

I wouldn't say fanaticism. I mean many people believe something will happen after they die (afterlife for example), I wouldn't claim this as fanaticism.
Nobody knows what happens after our death (if anything), because we haven't died yet to find out. It's all blind faith.

Activity: 282
February 04, 2017, 11:33:49 AM

Cool

In my understanding, blind faith is fanaticism. It is human nature to question everything. This means that any statement must be proven to believe in him. All the rest is stupid fanatics.
legendary
February 04, 2017, 11:32:58 AM
Mmm, lets dig deeper here.

When scientists or anyone else believes that the things expressed by science theories are reality and factual, they have a religion going for themselves.
Cool
So here your saying religion is a belief or set of beliefs that cannot be proved to be factual, right? That's your definition of religion.

Of course, nobody knows for sure if these people believe the theories to be fact, or if they are simply liars when they treat the theories as though they were fact.

Cool
Now your saying that people that treat theories as fact are liars, so the same rule must apply to religious people that treat their beliefs as fact, right? Stand to reason.

Since you treat Christian mythology as factual, that means by your logic, you're a liar.
To make matters worse, as we both know, theories are superior to mythology as theories are based on observations and experiments and mythology is based on blind wishful thinking, blind guess work and not forgetting a dollop of pseudoscience to keep the scientifically illiterate happy.

Your words, not mine.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Since I don't really know of any Christian mythology, you are wrong in your assumptions again. Whether or not I am a liar isn't what is important. More important is the fact that either you can't think very well, or you are extremely deceptive, or both.

Cool
Well if you walk about with your eyes shut and fingers in your ears going "la la la", you will miss lots of things seen and heard in life.

Whether or not I am a liar isn't what is important.

Cool
Well for someone that claims they're speaking "The Truth", I'd say it vitally important.
Seems to me there's "The Truth", and there's "BADlogics Truth".

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 04, 2017, 12:22:50 AM

Cool
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
February 04, 2017, 12:03:03 AM
Activity: 546
Merit: 256
February 03, 2017, 11:42:01 PM

When scientists or anyone else believes that the things expressed by science theories are reality and factual, they have a religion going for themselves.
Cool
So here your saying religion is a belief or set of beliefs that cannot be proved to be factual, right? That's your definition of religion.

Of course, nobody knows for sure if these people believe the theories to be fact, or if they are simply liars when they treat the theories as though they were fact.

Cool
Now your saying that people that treat theories as fact are liars, so the same rule must apply to religious people that treat their beliefs as fact, right? Stand to reason.

Since you treat Christian mythology as factual, that means by your logic, you're a liar.
To make matters worse, as we both know, theories are superior to mythology as theories are based on observations and experiments and mythology is based on blind wishful thinking, blind guess work and not forgetting a dollop of pseudoscience to keep the scientifically illiterate happy.

Your words, not mine.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Since I don't really know of any Christian mythology, you are wrong in your assumptions again. Whether or not I am a liar isn't what is important. More important is the fact that either you can't think very well, or you are extremely deceptive, or both.

Cool
yes you are right. But science is believing on what is be judge as truth or it can be. As religion that time only believes even if it is impossible lets have an example like angels. Do you think that flying can be done that time. Maybe it is true if alien does exist. What iam saying is science is experimenting or conducting some beliefs base on ethical and truthful thinking
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 03, 2017, 10:46:39 PM

Cool

Cool

Your words, not mine.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2054
February 03, 2017, 10:10:52 PM
hmmm , relegion And science is a continuity of thought, religion without science is meaningless, and vice versa. I hope these two guidelines will be running live in harmony, without which superior in one science think
you are right, but think with some things that have no meaning in science and religion, they argue without end, and do not have a heck discordant in science

yes they argue without coachman, running without a driver, maybe some things will ruin this world, science and religion fight each other

but many thinkers homage to religion and science, for example, al-Ghazali, he was also a philosopher, there also have contradictions in science and religion is Galileo Galilei.

of course ,I agree with your opinion. and I will add karl marx, he describes some class, and the class struggle, the book Das Kapital, and 7 the holy family, karl marx describes ne
it turns out you also know karl marx? , Was amazing, did you also read a book about the dialectic of nature works engels?

yes, I know only a little, about the dialectic of nature, and some formulas of course, it was very exciting for me, and make my idea develops.

karl marx and engels are the clever ones in my opinion, they peel social events, the class contradictions, economy, religion and science

of course , he's Have a goodie ideal , but will not and never happened concept of an ideal world, while state capitalism is not destroyed by its own
Activity: 714
February 03, 2017, 10:05:27 PM
hmmm , relegion And science is a continuity of thought, religion without science is meaningless, and vice versa. I hope these two guidelines will be running live in harmony, without which superior in one science think
you are right, but think with some things that have no meaning in science and religion, they argue without end, and do not have a heck discordant in science

yes they argue without coachman, running without a driver, maybe some things will ruin this world, science and religion fight each other

but many thinkers homage to religion and science, for example, al-Ghazali, he was also a philosopher, there also have contradictions in science and religion is Galileo Galilei.

of course ,I agree with your opinion. and I will add karl marx, he describes some class, and the class struggle, the book Das Kapital, and 7 the holy family, karl marx describes ne
it turns out you also know karl marx? , Was amazing, did you also read a book about the dialectic of nature works engels?

yes, I know only a little, about the dialectic of nature, and some formulas of course, it was very exciting for me, and make my idea develops.

karl marx and engels are the clever ones in my opinion, they peel social events, the class contradictions, economy, religion and science
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2054
February 03, 2017, 10:01:35 PM

Pages:
Jump to: