Pages:
Author

Topic: Is stealing Bitcoin illegal? - page 7. (Read 39479 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 550
October 16, 2016, 01:13:23 AM
Stealing is still stealing. It is a sin, taking other's property without permission, it is still illegal. You should be earning it instead of stealing it. Whether virtual or physical, you should not be doing such things as stealing.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
October 15, 2016, 10:23:09 PM
There is just one thing i can say.Anything that does not belong to you that you take away is considered as stealing wether it is physical or virtual

Yes but what more important is it is all about business matter. Stealing in the sense of making wise by someone like winning in the gambling, profiting in investing and trading off good in trading makes good way of stealing. But when you say hacking or fooling someone it is not acceptable it is bad stealing. Therefore there is two way of stealing.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 15, 2016, 09:54:59 PM
There is just one thing i can say.Anything that does not belong to you that you take away is considered as stealing wether it is physical or virtual
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 15, 2016, 09:19:12 PM
What is the punishment for those that steal bitcoin? Who can punish this kind of thieves? It seems to me that if nobody ever knows there is nothing illegal.

An example is the HashOcean that stolen money from thousands of people with that fraudulent scheme and nothing happened to them. It's hard to get the thiefs and scammers on the internet because they know how to hidden themselves and we don't have many guarantees here of safe when online, that is one of the very few negative points with Bitcoin and another virtual coins.
Activity: 907
Merit: 660
Do due diligence
October 15, 2016, 09:12:47 PM
Stealing anything (but a heart) is illegal.
Activity: 28
October 15, 2016, 09:08:59 PM
What is the punishment for those that steal bitcoin? Who can punish this kind of thieves? It seems to me that if nobody ever knows there is nothing illegal.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
October 15, 2016, 08:22:54 PM
Bitcoin is not legal so if you will steal bitcoin I guess you will not be prosecuted because that is not illegal, but do not attempt to steal if you do not want to suffer the consequences and that is not a good activity to make money here, you might belong to the scammers here online which are hated by many.
In your law the government will not punish you as they do not have approve it as a currency or property but morally it is illegal and you have to follow what the morals say to us.
Thats not a question about bitcoin being legal or not, its a bigger question if you have acess to a wallet that you found in the street what you would do, its a inside question, each one will act diferent, but steal will always be steal being digital or into reality.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
October 15, 2016, 05:43:29 PM
Bitcoin is not legal so if you will steal bitcoin I guess you will not be prosecuted because that is not illegal, but do not attempt to steal if you do not want to suffer the consequences and that is not a good activity to make money here, you might belong to the scammers here online which are hated by many.
In your law the government will not punish you as they do not have approve it as a currency or property but morally it is illegal and you have to follow what the morals say to us.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
it's showtime
October 15, 2016, 05:29:31 PM
Those that steal don't ask for it, they just do it. Of course this is bad, but not for everyone. Some find this the as the only way of living.

It's all about rules from government, religion or whatever, and if this was working in another way, this world would be a mess(already is lol)
"Even a hooker have to eat"...
Activity: 140
October 15, 2016, 03:14:04 PM
It is illegal to steal. It can be anything. It can a currency or anything.  One works hard and earns the bitcoins, but the other takes away from him/her by any source available, either physically or online. Really unbearable dude. This is not a good act. Stealing of anything is illegal. It can be any currency or any valued item. Lets not encourage this using any source.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
October 15, 2016, 01:35:59 PM
As long as the word stealing is used its always be illegal . It's a crime in every country. But the chances of stealing bitcoin will only happen when your cellphone got rob and their got the access on your phone probably that's the only time they got a chance to steal your bitcoin. So still let is all be careful on our data ad on our personal belongings.
Activity: 14
October 15, 2016, 01:32:19 PM
Those that steal don't ask for it, they just do it. Of course this is bad, but not for everyone. Some find this the as the only way of living.
Activity: 434
October 15, 2016, 01:24:31 PM
Not sure where you are living, but in most of the countries Bitcoin is not seen as "something illegal". Don't forget that Bitcoin is money. If you steal money, then it's of course illegal. So in that case, if you steal Bitcoin, then it's illegal.

But do most countries actually have laws that declare Bitcoin as currency?
If you called the police and told them "Someone stole my Bitcoins", 99.9% of them would have no idea what you were talking about.
If you were lucky you might be able to get in touch with someone who investigates hacking and other cybercrimes,
but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Activity: 168
October 15, 2016, 01:13:31 PM
Yea it is but i see that in this world nobody dont care about corruption to stop scam only give them space.
Activity: 154
October 15, 2016, 11:45:30 AM
If you are stealing from people's wallets or accounts etc that is plain stealing as it isn't like fiat money, where you may find a few coppers on the street and pick them up.
Activity: 210
October 15, 2016, 11:41:58 AM
what do you think? of course it is illegal...
but is hard to police to do something, in most cases they cant even trace the bitcoin to the thief. and even if you know who stole you, how can you prove it is him?
Activity: 96
October 15, 2016, 10:34:44 AM
Stealing anything is illegal in the whole world as far as I know, bitcoin is either 1)money as it's considered in most of the world 2) or goods therefore I guess it's technically illegal, How to prosecute the person doing that is the tricky and hard part though.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
October 15, 2016, 06:04:49 AM

Not sure where you are living, but in most of the countries Bitcoin is not seen as "something illegal". Don't forget that Bitcoin is money. If you steal money, then it's of course illegal. So in that case, if you steal Bitcoin, then it's illegal.
Activity: 64
October 15, 2016, 06:00:14 AM
By common sense stealing anything is illegal therefore stealing bitcoin is illegal as well IMO, I think in some countries it's considered a commodity therefore still illegal by the rules in the most of the world, I doubt it's legal anywhere though.
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
October 15, 2016, 12:10:42 AM
Pages:
Jump to: