Pages:
Author

Topic: Is stealing Bitcoin illegal? - page 21. (Read 39503 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
September 08, 2016, 01:50:07 PM
I don't know where you are located but stealing anything is illegal all around the world, bitcoin is a currency or even according to governments at least a commodity, of course stealing it is considered illegal, Whether the thief gets caught or not is not the question.
Yes i doesnt matter weather you are living in any country stealing anything is an illegal activity and bitcoins is a currency and has a good value in USD or any other currency.So stealing bitcoin certainly would also be an illegal activity doesnt matter in which form you are doing it.

That is right just like stealing fiat currency bitcoin is the same just like the recent report on CNN last year about 2 former federal agents charged with stealing Bitcoin during Silk Road probe at $33 million dollar at the time had bring to justice in the court, well I think that is very reliable news source right, so that means even if bitcoin is an online currency stealing bitcoin is also a form of stealing money!
It's common sense now that stealing is stealing. There's nothing changing that. However, please do consider looking into op's situation because what I can assess here is that you guys dind't read it at all.
He says he overlapped an address and he got the amount from that address he overlapped from and the owner would have no way to get it back. So would it be stealing to get it to keep for himself or not?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 08, 2016, 11:37:10 AM
Maybe topic starter has actual exploit which is generating it )?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
September 08, 2016, 07:56:26 AM
I don't know where you are located but stealing anything is illegal all around the world, bitcoin is a currency or even according to governments at least a commodity, of course stealing it is considered illegal, Whether the thief gets caught or not is not the question.
Yes i doesnt matter weather you are living in any country stealing anything is an illegal activity and bitcoins is a currency and has a good value in USD or any other currency.So stealing bitcoin certainly would also be an illegal activity doesnt matter in which form you are doing it.

That is right just like stealing fiat currency bitcoin is the same just like the recent report on CNN last year about 2 former federal agents charged with stealing Bitcoin during Silk Road probe at $33 million dollar at the time had bring to justice in the court, well I think that is very reliable news source right, so that means even if bitcoin is an online currency stealing bitcoin is also a form of stealing money!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 08, 2016, 07:26:35 AM
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 08, 2016, 07:23:56 AM
thats true, stealing bitcoins is illegal all around the world and it will surely be like that all the time in my opinion and it is a good thing
Yes I agree, stealing bitcoin is illegal. It is include in cybercrime type and anyone who doing this can get arrest. I think we need to find new technology that make store bitcoin is more safely. I only divide my bitcoin in different wallet to reduce the  risk at now.
Activity: 504
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 07, 2016, 02:04:57 PM
thats true, stealing bitcoins is illegal all around the world and it will surely be like that all the time in my opinion and it is a good thing
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
September 07, 2016, 06:33:16 AM
Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.

I think this question has already been solve and I can see that many are saying that getting bitcoin from someone that they wouldn't know that you had take away their bitcoin is a crime, even thought you don't really intended to do it, it is always not yours but I think it is hard to track someone regarding bitcoin transaction so it is your own conscience if you will get that bitcoin when you randomly run an address, but I think it is just a rare occasion in getting a bitcoin address that has bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 251
September 07, 2016, 06:21:03 AM
Activity: 672
September 06, 2016, 12:40:30 PM
Lol, stealing itself is an illegal word then how come it can be legal when it comes on bitcoin? Its illegal to steal anything in any corner of the world so that rule applies on bitcoin too.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
September 06, 2016, 12:37:52 PM
yeah "Stealing" has never been made legal Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
September 06, 2016, 12:36:28 PM
yes stealing of bitcoin is illegal just like stealing of money,

It is very true friend, something that can harm someone, such as taking someone, we borrowed but not telling you, etc is something that is illegal and it is included in the category of theft. If it was illegal then we will not get a thing happiness wherever, stays on the right track and never tempted by the lure of that have no meaning in the afterlife
yeah, stealing is definitely not allowed and it is a wrong thing to do, in my opinion it should be punishable with jail maybe
Its punishable and it can bring to the jail but the problem is we dont know their real name and where they are live..
Thats why people who are scamming and hacking they are abuisng the internet.. and the anonymous of bitcoin..
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
September 06, 2016, 12:19:00 PM
You have the answer in the subject "stealing" is never legal
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 06, 2016, 12:15:03 PM
yes stealing of bitcoin is illegal just like stealing of money,

It is very true friend, something that can harm someone, such as taking someone, we borrowed but not telling you, etc is something that is illegal and it is included in the category of theft. If it was illegal then we will not get a thing happiness wherever, stays on the right track and never tempted by the lure of that have no meaning in the afterlife
yeah, stealing is definitely not allowed and it is a wrong thing to do, in my opinion it should be punishable with jail maybe
Activity: 420
September 06, 2016, 07:47:24 AM
Of courise stealing bitcoin is illegal. Everything about stealing is illegal and on bitcoin too. I think stealing bitcoin is same stealing money in real life. But the different is there is no law about stealing bitcoin on bitcoin world.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
September 06, 2016, 07:32:34 AM
Its illegal to still bitcoin and its a bad thing that you doing and you may receive a bad karma in the future if you do that..
Better to look for a legit way if you want to earn bitcoins many ways to earn bitcoin.

Any world of ILLEGAL is a bad behavior, Nothing good into it. But earning bitcoins in a legal way of matter whatever it is, it is a good way to earn bitcoin. Aside from that there are many things in this field were we can earn in a legal way like in signature campaign, faucets etc.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
September 06, 2016, 06:56:06 AM
Still talking about something that everyone agree about. OP need to lock this thread, conclusion is that every stealing is illegal, no matter what.
With that conclusion (op need to add it in headline) everyone knows opinion of community. I doubt that will stop thiefs and scammers, but at least we try something to do about it. Rising awareness can help people to not fall in their traps.

I completely agree, although after reading the thread it's kind of worries me to think that a thief or scammer thinks it's okay to steal bitcoin just because it thinks that just cause it might not be considered ''real money'' it's not illegal and hence ok to do. The best we can do to fight it as you said is raise awareness and educate people to take smart decisions.

Well for those type of people they are really going to think about that scamming or stealing bitcoin is going to be fine at all. As they are getting their source from that way. But if there are going to be some international law about bitcoin stealing by the interpol for sure they are going to stop from fooling other people.

Its impossible for that there are authorities  or police that would mind to arrest in these kind of situation since bitcoin is mostly banned from  other countries and didnt even considered and for sure  theres a possibility that  they even  hear the name of bitcoin. Lets accept it that there are really people who scam others people on the sake of gaining  money in easy way.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 06, 2016, 04:13:21 AM
Let's say I generate a new address and by some miracle it has Bitcoin already in it belonging to somebody else. Is it legal to just take it? I understand those odds are very low, no need to lecture me, I'm just interested.
Of course stealing Bitcoin is illegal because stealing means taking some that does not belong to you and it does not matter if it is in real life or on the internet.
The only thing is that people who steal via the internet get away with it.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
September 03, 2016, 06:23:54 AM
Stealing "anything" is illegal, Bitcoin is a commodity at worst if you don't consider it a currency therefore stealing it is the same as stealing the money it is worth, Bitcoin scammers rarely are followed through with there scammed amounts because deals are mostly anonymous and online.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
September 02, 2016, 02:47:55 PM
Stealing is always Illegal, weather not you will get caught is another story.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
September 02, 2016, 02:36:43 PM
yes its really illegal to stealing of bitcoin i think normally everything stealing is illegal so we can steal bitcoin or other thing from other its surely illegal.
I never heard that stealing bitcoin is illegal but its a bad thing that you are stealing money by someone if you do that maybe you can be arrested by NBI.
. for now its hard to still bitcoins right now because i know we have a good security right now unless if there is other people are trying to bruteforcing your account.. i just heard that many people are still try to have using bruteforce i tried bruteforce before in cellphone when they are forgot the password but those tool is from our boss who because i am just a technician..
So stealing is not illegal..
Pages:
Jump to: