Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin? - page 44. (Read 5185 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 4
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

It seems there is a price correlation between Bitcoin and Ethereum right now, even almost all of the famous coin.
And I think this pattern will last at least until the end of this year.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

We do not know whether the pattern is formed because we believe, or there is an interconnected pattern and we begin to believe it.
But it seems like throughout the year, we always see a similar pattern in both. But I think if there is going to be a big rise, Ethereum will get a lot more.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Yes, I think the BTC is the king of the cryptographic market, they will reduce the altcoin altogether and with ETH, I think they will grow again in the future.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I think the current ETH price is relatively independent.
Because all other altcoin prices fluctuate with the price of bitcoin, the ETH may have independent price changes.
Activity: 93
Actually, that's right. Bitcoin's been the first cryptocurrency in the world where it has been around for quite some time now compared to Ethereum. Because of that, Bitcoin has been the price base of all the altcoin in the world. If the price of Bitcoin moves in terms of Dollars, all the price of altcoins will also move in terms of dollars. But there's this thing where altcoins's price are base on satoshi where even if the price of Bitcoin moves, the price of altcoin in satoshi won't, unless something happened to that coin. So yeah, Ethereum as an altcoin is still dependent on Bitcoin.
Activity: 168
I think it does not depend on bitcoin because Ethereum has a good growth while Bitcoin itself also has a good popularity because this coin is also much in the interest by people and many who invest in this coin because this coin is also a lot of people who know so I think Ethereum not dependent on Bitcoin
Activity: 113
Merit: 1

at this time the price of ethereum and bitcoin is down, if anyone says the current price of bitcoin and eth rises it is a lie, you can see the price of the coin on exchange
Activity: 196

There seems to be no dependency, but it may be affected. And it does not happen only on Ethereum, all top20 coins seem to have almost the same graph. This might be a good thing, at least if the market starts back, we would not be too difficult to choose altcoin.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Bitcoin is the lead market of the crypto market and each altcoin is just underneath of it.

You can also take notice that whenever bitcoin starts to move up, the rest of the alts are also going up. Ethereum isn't an independent coin although there are too many uses like smart contracts and too many ERC20 tokens are there still its still depending to bitcoin.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

There is some correlation between the price of Bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies. Many times when the price of Bitcoin rises or falls, altcoins get pulled with it. However, that’s not always the case though because sometimes a coin will have some specific news about it that makes it move up or down independently. I thibk Etherium is one of those coins that does separate itself often times.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
do not think so ,, bitcoin and eth are the two different coins ,, and maybe both have different price levels ,, as we know that more and more users will get higher the price of both coins ,, and I think up and price drops are completely unrelated
Activity: 138
The price of etherium depends on the changes of the price in bitcoin,that is what i've observed until these times that i am here,seeing the market capitalization once bitcoin lowers its value so as etherium.
Activity: 112
Yes, every token is in a way tied to bitcoin. When btc rises ETH also rises almost in same range by percentage
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
Ofcourse it is, because a large percent of Ethereum's volume is against the bitcoin, it's pretty clear that the bitcoin has a very strong affect on the price of Ethereum.

The price of Bitcoin affects the whole market, and when the whole market goes down, Ethereum will automatically follow as it's just a part of the market and it's market cap is not too high so it can do it's own movements.

Also when bitcoin goes down, people are interested to cash-out, which will usually cause Ethereu, sells against the dollars and not only against the bitcoin, and it will make the price drop even further.
Activity: 294
Merit: 106
Bitcoin is the most recognizable cryptocurrency with the largest capitalization. This is the very first crypto currency, the flagship of the whole industry. Therefore, the price of bitcoin affects all cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 184
Most definitely ethereum price and all other altcoins price largely depends on bitcoin price because btc is the big brother and the prime digital currency in crypto world so everything revolves around it but I hope sometimes in the nearest future the trend will be different
Activity: 169
Merit: 10
that's true altcoin prices will follow bitcoin prices and it will continue to happen until bitcoin really becomes a digital currency in the use of global society and not just as an investment asset like gold.
Activity: 117
Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin?
Yes, the price of eth is base on btc because whenever bitcoin is down eth is also. And when btc rises surely etherum will follow.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552

If you constantly checking on the market, you will see how ETH and even majority of the alts would be following the bitcoin price trend, and you cant deny the fact that what you just asked is true. Basically, because bitcoin is the general basis of every altcoin's value in the market. Bitcoin is like the USD in forex.
Activity: 210
Ether and other other altkoins all depend on the king bitcoin which makes the market as it is now, and it will all depend on it until a new coin comes to the tsar's place that will give a new era and make a revolution
Pages:
Jump to: