Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the West gearing up to invade Russia once again? - page 40. (Read 58223 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Actually US or RF even don't need to give any orders to use the nuclear weapons. Both sides have "automatic systems for guaranteed revenge", also known as "doomsday machines" or "dead hand".
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
If they do they will be meet with the same fate as many other invaders, like Napoleon or Hitler...

At that time there were no nuclear weapons. Unfortunately that is not the case now. More than half of the human population might be exterminated, if the WW3 actually occurs due to any fight between the USA and Russia.

Well Mongols have conquered a lot and only by using horse. Roman had waste empire with good steel and trained soldiers.. What im trying to say is that every war that was fought ( either to conquer or to protect you country form attack ) by weapons that are technologically advanced for that age and generation ( millions ) have died. USA and Russia arent dump and both know that in the case of WW3 no country would use nuclear weapon because that would be like signing a death sentence. But every country would use nuclear weapon for the " last stand " when they dont have anything to lose.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Very Unlikely.  Every side is just flexing arm as usual to maintain face and control.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Yes, I think a war-by-proxy is rather likely. It's been the US's favourite type of warfare, with only a few exceptions.

By the way, currently a few US soldiers were sent to Lithuania to hold hands of Lithuanian soldiers so as to "reassure" them. At least that is how I interpret the move.  Grin

US soldiers arrive in Lithuania to ‘reassure’ NATO allies amid Ukrainian crisis
http://rt.com/news/155068-us-troops-lithuania-drills/

The Lithuanian government welcomed the arrival of 150 troops at the Lithuanian Air Force Aviation Base in Siauliai on Saturday, reported Reuters. Referring to the escalating tensions in Ukraine, President Dalia Grybauskaite said “we know in this situation who our real friends are coming to help."

"If any of our guests are injured, it would mean an open confrontation not with Lithuania but with the United States," she added. The group of troops is part of a larger contingent of 600 troops that have been deployed throughout Eastern Europe to reassure NATO allies. Another company of soldiers arrived in Poland on Wednesday and in Latvia on Friday. Troops are also expected to arrive in Estonia on Monday.

I hope none of them fall and scratch their knees or Lithuanian asphalt will be treated as the enemy of the United States, and that will be embarrassing.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
If they do they will be meet with the same fate as many other invaders, like Napoleon or Hitler...

At that time there were no nuclear weapons. Unfortunately that is not the case now. More than half of the human population might be exterminated, if the WW3 actually occurs due to any fight between the USA and Russia.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
legendary
Yea, we are going to invade a country that has nukes. Best logic in the world.

May not be a full scale invasion. But a proxy war is quite possible. Perhaps the Americans can arm the Chechens and other Muslim groups, just like what they did in Afghanistan during the 1980s.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

In today's world invasion takes many faces, and some of them can't possibly be smashed with nukes (but this seems to be completely off-topic in this thread)... Cool
Activity: 39
legendary
The only country that is more subservient to the US is the Netherlands. We will jump through every hoop that Obama holds in front of us. Fortunately we don't matter too much internationally. Wink

The Netherlands is not a nuclear power, while the UK possesses hundreds of nuclear weapons. That is a big difference. As far as the strength of the armed forces are considered, I think the British and the Dutch are almost equal in the numbers.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
Unfortunately the UK Government could, if they wished, send in the troops via what is known as the "Royal prerogative" even without the go ahead from Parliament - they most recently did it with Libya. Wholly undemocratic - but again not unprecedented. I can't honestly see them using the Royal prerogative over the Ukraine though.

The UK politicians will send their troops if the Americans do so. For the past two decades or so, the British are just acting like the servants of the Americans. They seems to be not having an independent voice in decision making.

The only country that is more subservient to the US is the Netherlands. We will jump through every hoop that Obama holds in front of us. Fortunately we don't matter too much internationally. Wink
legendary
This may be something to do with the UK's energy security and its reliance on Russian coal and gas   Wink

Unlike most of the European nations (Poland for example), the UK is not overly dependent on Russia for gas. They can import spare gas from Libya or Algeria as well... albeit at slightly higher prices.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Unfortunately that's more of a case of the parliament, like with the American government, parliament and the people are separate entities, in fact there's a long running theme here even more so in the UK of how completely detached the UK politicians are from reality.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Unfortunately the UK Government could, if they wished, send in the troops via what is known as the "Royal prerogative" even without the go ahead from Parliament - they most recently did it with Libya. Wholly undemocratic - but again not unprecedented. I can't honestly see them using the Royal prerogative over the Ukraine though.

The UK politicians will send their troops if the Americans do so. For the past two decades or so, the British are just acting like the servants of the Americans. They seems to be not having an independent voice in decision making.

Completely agree that this has been the case historically bryant. But I do sense a subtle shift taking place. I've a feeling the UK may not be quite as ready, in the years to come, to be the US's poodle to quite the same extent as it has in the past.
   This may be something to do with the UK's energy security and its reliance on Russian coal and gas   Wink
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
You're certainly not wrong about the west, they want dominance, same as Russia and China, just don't forget that they all want the same thing and soon land is going to become a more scarce commodity than oil, I do find it annoying that the people in the EU as well as America keep talking about how much they want a diplomatic solution but really they just want what benefits them so they're going to keep messing with Russia until one of them backs down.

Old analogy I know but they really are poking the bear right now and sooner or later he's just going to get annoyed and take their head off.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Just read fresh news, which are more related to this topic, than to the topic of Ukraine, so posting here:

Chief of the General Staff of Armed Forces of the Russian Federation Valery Gerasimov and US Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey had a telephone conversation today. During it Gerasimov told Dempsey about substantial number of Ukrainian troops, including light motorised troops concentrated near the Russian borders. He also expressed concerns about NATO's increase of the number of troops in Baltics, Poland and of the ships in the Black Sea. He informed Americans about Russia's start of training manoeuvres.

It remains unknown what Dempsey replied, but shortly after the conversation, it turned out that "if necessary" US will supply Ukraine with firearms. Previously US said that they will only supply non-lethal aid.

http://www.newsru.com/russia/25apr2014/gerasimov.html
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

I am seeing similar patterns now: An uprising of Russophobic press in Western mass media, depicting Russia as an aggressor, poised to take over the Europe. When passing through Great Britain the other week, I saw a cover of one of the magazines, showing a stylized map of Russia as a red bear with gaping maw, swallowing Ukraine, and the big captions title "INSATIABLE!". Next will come (or already coming) calls to isolate, sanction and pre-emptively strike Russia, "for the good of Europe".

I'll tell you what I noticed as well - whenever the BBC (and no doubt the commercial channels as well) show a map of Russia/Ukraine/Crimea they always have Russian territory shaded one colour and the Ukraine shaded another - and Crimea is always shaded the same colour as Ukraine and not Russia  Grin
    Crimea should actually be the same colour as Russian territory surely ?

I don't think Russia will make a dumb move so what's left is a ff.

Yes - you are probably right. Something like,for example, drug addicted paedophile Russian sympathisers in the East of Ukraine have been caught eating the flesh of Panda bear cubs  Grin
Activity: 42
They have been trying really hard to get the People of the west on their side, but so far failed. They need a false-flag or a really dumb move by RUssia. And I don't think Russia will make a dumb move so what's left is a ff.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
The US is a different question though. Does the US public have an appetite for yet another overseas war, fought in the name of freedom and democracy ?

When they have nothing to eat (read no more stripping the whole world of its wealth), there's no doubt they will have an appetite. Though this won't be for the sake of freedom and democracy as it is not presently, lol... Cool
Pages:
Jump to: