Pages:
Author

Topic: Is this basically just another way to make money? - page 18. (Read 2714 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
In as much as it serves the idea of a currency, it would not have had such a huge impact if it was just controlled and stable, so let's just imagine it serves two purposes
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
I did get several interesting answers though  Grin.

My question - or at least the dilemma I am having - is that it mostly seems like it has only one goal and that is to make as much money as possible. But for people that are just getting in it may be confusing because they perceive it as the biggest innovative change of recent years just like I did.

Right now I kinda feel disappointed that to 99% of people invested into crypto it seems to be nothing more that a source of income. A 'get it quick while the party is over' kind of thing.

i think what you are trying to say is you're conscience is eating you for earning money over peoples' lost, well actually, sadly it is how it works in investments, we all invest like trying to pile up more money together then not all of us gonna profit on that piled investment, some will bail out midway, some will be excited to sell right away, while the ones on top is gonna hodl and thats it, winner takes it all. that is how it all goes, don't get too fuzzy and all about it, its legal and it is the nature of blockhain and investments. people invest for profit, if that is not your goal, then go to NGO's and charity institution.
Activity: 170
Merit: 1
I think Yes because in my experience I need a lot of money to help my family . Joining the bitcoin help me to earn money even I'm working . Money that i get cannot survive so I join this to help a lot in everyday. It adds income for my family.
Since my salary is not enough I also join this kind of work.And need to find bounty and signature campaign also to earn money that I've want.Bitcoin really amazing it will help financial problems  and in return you need to spend much time for you to update your account.
Activity: 225
My start with crypto/btc was that I invested a bit end of November last year. I had a few friends that told me about their small successes and how easy it was to just 'start'. It was indeed quite easy. I started to read and research into btc and every other relevant coin. Whitepapers, teams and such. Then I started to shift focus to the block chain, starting to get a grasp on what could be the future possibilities. I started to get real exited and invested some of my savings in a few projects with (to me) real potential. None of those projects appeared to be alive because of speculation only, mainly because they have a vision and actual plans.

So then I noticed that there are quite a few documentaries. I started to watch them all. A few from 2015, 2016 and 2017. I was disappointed to say the least. Everything was about bitcoin and the value/worth of bitcoin. It was about highs and lows, crashes and deceit. Only a few times the actual potential of the block chain was mentioned. Mostly it was about money.

Right now I am starting to feel like this is just a way to make money. Nothing more nothing less. You buy into btc or other coins and in no way are you really supporting the project, besides maybe adding to the order books at the exchanges with some minor effect until whales decided to take over. I sometimes have some sort of dishonest feeling, like the money I make through buying (and seldom) selling is somehow dirty as it comes from people that simply do less research, bail out or simply already had their take.

I started with high feelings of morality, being part of some new future where block chain would be the next internet. Right now it feels like a rat race where you have to grab as much money as possible before others take it before you or from you.

Not that I am ungrateful. I like many projects because of the team behind it that actually want to change the world. But if I look around me, it is mostly those that are in it to make money, a lot of money....and this money has to come from somewhere right (those that lose money)...

What is your take on this? Is this all a phase, part of how this game works?

I believe most people join bitcoin to earn money the easy way. Maybe you just feel guilty because you earn from other people's money out of their ignorance to bitcoin. That is the purpose of forum,  to educate everyone about bitcoin before entering into any knd of investment. We cannot blame ourselves if they are too eager and excited to put up their money in bitcoin. Maybe that will serve as a lesson for the beginners. Study, read and research before releasing  your hard earn money to avoid losses.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
Bitcoin is another way to make money, or should i say it is another way to have an extra income. Just be on your guard since your investing in bitcoin since it price goes up and down, you should know when to sell it or hold it so that you cannot lose in this game.

Basically, it is the best for today way to make money. You have naturally to learn more about the cryptocurrency to understand how to earn and not lose even in the times when the market is bleeding.
Activity: 277
Merit: 12
I understand the feeling that the author has. possibly bitcoin and turned from the original path of development and became in many ways a means of speculation. The situation will necessarily change when bitcoin gets legal status around the world.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Every trader or investor wishes to end up making profit after any transaction. The same principle applies to Bitcoin. It is another lucrative means to earn money. But there is more to Bitcoin than just investing into it. Holders and bullish like me, believe strongly that Bitcoin is the future. The era where most trading will be done with Bitcoin, both online and offline is yet to come. I suggest you read more into Bitcoin and you'll get to appreciate that there is more to Bitcoin than just investment.
I see reasons with the OP, but generally in the world, this is unavoidable. No one is supporting a project without expecting to get something from it and at the end the early adopters are always the ones with the chunk of it because they believed earlier while some just had to join at some point. The thing is everyone is here for the money, and that is the reason why we do business anyway, but that still does not change the fact that blockchain technology is the future.
I really think that the early adopters were not looking for profits, they were interested in bitcoin as a project that could change the world and just out of luck they were able to benefit economically out of bitcoin but most people that came after them have only one thing in mind and that is to make money through bitcoin, there is nothing wrong with that but I think that is why many people are here.

It seems that 90% of the people who posted on this thread did not read the OP, and that basically answers the question. They're not really interested in discussion, but rather posts. I really wish I was part of those early adopters. Be part of that group that cares. Even though I know about Bitcoin because I'm interested in making money. But just being part of that community with no expectations sounds nice.
Activity: 44
Please elaborate, I am missing your point, or maybe you are missing mine?  Smiley

I don't think he read your post. Or maybe just the first paragraph. But yeah, I kind of view it your way. There's a guilt that in order for me to make money, others have to lose. That's a very depressing thought, reality. Since you do feel guilt about it, I hope you end up winning and more selfish people end up losing. But that's not really the way things go.
Activity: 224
Yes, bitcoin is another way to make money, you just apply or join bounty project or signature campaign in order to earn money.
Activity: 154
Yes, like me I am still a student but through bitcoin I don't need to received money from my parents instead I pay my own expenses from the money I earn from bitcoin. continue invest.
Activity: 161
I think so, because you earn buy bounties, campaign and forums. But it will take time for you to earn. So just be patient. Easy but be patient..
Activity: 1246
Merit: 252
Bitcoin is another way to make money, or should i say it is another way to have an extra income. Just be on your guard since your investing in bitcoin since it price goes up and down, you should know when to sell it or hold it so that you cannot lose in this game.
Indeed, what we should be aware of in investment is an analysis and going forward. if we slaah in making decisions we will also experience many losses. so first identify the business we will invest
Activity: 29
Its just a new trademarket, hello wallstreet
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Obviously this is right.Btc is a source that can be earn money by online at home and earning good money.Many people work but can't fulfill any hobbies without need.Many people also want to spend comfortable and enjoyable life.And Btc is the best medium for everything.That's why it is basically just another way to make money.

Of course, if you invest in Bitcoins you are doing some business. You work out your own strategies, plan to rise up more money and so one. It is a great business.

It is not like that, because if you invest with bitcoin it is give you a huge of profits that other can't give you. A chance to save for your future and give you a brighter future.
Bitcoin is really a simple way to earn a huge amount of profit. I believe that if we are going to ingage on bitcoin today the result is big profit in the near future.  because bitcoin is really amazing and it is now slowly rising like what everybody expected on it. Bitcoin is the basic way to earn a huge amount of profit and many people really believe on it because it is proven and tested.
Activity: 177
Obviously this is right.Btc is a source that can be earn money by online at home and earning good money.Many people work but can't fulfill any hobbies without need.Many people also want to spend comfortable and enjoyable life.And Btc is the best medium for everything.That's why it is basically just another way to make money.

Of course, if you invest in Bitcoins you are doing some business. You work out your own strategies, plan to rise up more money and so one. It is a great business.

It is not like that, because if you invest with bitcoin it is give you a huge of profits that other can't give you. A chance to save for your future and give you a brighter future.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500

Activity: 110
Merit: 1
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
I started with high feelings of morality, being part of some new future where block chain would be the next internet. Right now it feels like a rat race where you have to grab as much money as possible before others take it before you or from you.

Not that I am ungrateful. I like many projects because of the team behind it that actually want to change the world. But if I look around me, it is mostly those that are in it to make money, a lot of money....and this money has to come from somewhere right (those that lose money)...

What is your take on this? Is this all a phase, part of how this game works?

Well that's how trading works. When someone profits, someone lose that money cause its a zero-sum game. We are still in the early stages of the cryptocurrency so people are taking advantage of the huge fluctuation but then when the time comes that the prices would have a stable value, more people would start to use the project for its true purpose and not for speculation purposes.

We know that bitcoin is suppose to be use as a currency but instead it is use more as an asset wherein people would just choose to hold and then sell when the price went up which shouldn't be the way because it is suppose to be spent so that the circulation continues. This would happen eventually but for now, let us take advantage of the huge fluctuations because this may come once in your life.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
The Exchange for EOS Community
I think there's a missing thought in the OP but as i understand it, cryptocurrencies are giving you income. Yes, I can attest to that and that's through airdrops. It's basically plain and simple and you don't need to work for weeks or months just to get paid. It's for free.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
It is. I do believe that most members in this community have only one specific goal. And that is to earn or make money. And i am not excluding myself. I am in dire need of money being a single parent and with no stable job. And bitcoin offers a good source of income in uncomplicated way. One thing i find this job very amiable is, i can work at home giving me more than enough time to look after all my daughters needs.
You are taking a huge risk, many people in the forum are using bitcoin as a form to earn some additional money but they do not depend on it, what you are doing is to put your future and the future of your child in something that is extremely volatile and that you have no way to know for sure if you're going to get enough income to pay for your bills, so do your best to get a regular job instead.
Pages:
Jump to: