Pages:
Author

Topic: Is this considered cheating? or Ilegal? - page 8. (Read 1137 times)

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1243
Cashback 15%
June 17, 2020, 03:58:46 PM
It is considered cheating and illegal if they intentionally rigged the program to gain an advantage over the player.  As far as I know, it will fall under fraud crime.  

fraud
/frôd/
Learn to pronounce
noun
wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Just make sure you can prove that they are actually cheating you.  Else it will be just a waste of time.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
June 17, 2020, 03:38:31 PM
Hello, This happened to me today, on a provably fair Dice Bitcoin gambling site I lost some money, then I checked my bets using an online verifier, in their website they say they use SHA512 algorithm to hash server seed, however, when they revealed the unhashed server seed I checked it using a SHA512 calculator... It should match the hashed server seed they provided to me, however, it does not match.

So the hashed SHA512 of the server seed is different from the hashed server seed they gave to me when I started my session. Isn't that considered cheating? I mean they probably are calculating right the dice value, however, the only fact of having wrong information on their provably fair statement should be enough for a legal complaint, shouldn't it?

Please someone tell me if it is enough to put some lawyers to work, or if it would be just a waste of time. Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: