Pages:
Author

Topic: Islamic Bank of Bitcoin{}بنك بتكوين الاسلامي - page 3. (Read 112758 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
hello

i see the website is down

checking for the history of this i think this is a great idea
as well
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Why is the USD haram? I lived in the UAE and the dirham is pegged directly to the dollar (as other GCC countries do (?)). If the dollar is haram, isn't pegging to the dollar haram by association?

I am wondering this aswell.

Also my understanding of 'Haram' is something that was specifically forbidden by Allah while anything else is permissable by default.
Even if theoretically somebody did issue a Fatwah claiming we are not to use USD wouldent it techincally still not be classifiable as Haram?

And isn't it also an offence to claim something as Haram while it is not?
Need to be very careful when declaring something to be Haram, it is usually much better to claim it as being to be avoided.

Well interest is undoubtedly haram and the Fed issues dollars by means of interest bearing bonds. Also using the US dollar creates demand for USD which supports the value of USD, which maintains the military industrial machinery of USA, and thereby the killing of innocent people.

Some Islamic scholars in the crusades, Ibn Taymiyyah I believe, said even if a Muslim gives a drink of water to an invading Crusader, this negates their Islam and makes them a traitor.

So it is safe to say that interest is haram and supporting oppressive governments is haram. Whether using the US dollar constitutes involvement in these practices is up to debate. My personal opinion is that we should all strive to use bitcoin or other cryptoczrrencies more to free ourselves from the shackles of politicized currency... and ultimately this will make everyone better off. The goal of Islamic law, afrer all, is the greatest benefit of every individual and community, so what is harmful is haram and what is beneficial is halal.
Why is the USD haram? I lived in the UAE and the dirham is pegged directly to the dollar (as other GCC countries do (?)). If the dollar is haram, isn't pegging to the dollar haram by association?

Yeah, I just mean because I heard that Islamic law doesn't allow interest and requires financial instruments to be backed by real assets as opposed to derivatives, and dollar is issued by means of interest bearing bonds and is not backed with any real assets... but I am sure some scholars have researched this, feel free to post links..
Has anyone approached an Islamic brick and mortar bank regarding Bitcoin?

Not that I know of, but wouldn't the response to any conventional bank to bitcoin be understandably defensive?
Hi there,

IBB is not dead, I just list interest due to other events in my life and lack of interested people. If there is anyone out there who wants to get involved, I am willing to devote time to it, but I threw some ideas out there and no one appeared who seemed interested, so we never got around to developing any of them. Senbonkazura has a new account, sondooq I believe, and has been active more recently. Please if anyone is interested in bringing this project out or hibernation, welcome to post here.
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
I really didn't expect to find such a thing , nice Grin
Any recent updates ? your website seem to be off  Cry

Check his last active day :

Then I guess it's dead, thank you for answering mate  Cry  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market

Check his last active day :

Activity: 309
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Has anyone approached an Islamic brick and mortar bank regarding Bitcoin?
Activity: 46
any recent updates?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Black Panther
how to make a loan here
Activity: 529
Hello, I am looking for a loan and have collateral. Let me know if you are still in business, because I am not sure. Thank you
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Ok great to hear that there is bitcoin bank opened. Didn't really expect that exactly Islam would open a bitcoin bank, but It's great! Smiley
Activity: 392
Bitcoin will survive

Also my understanding of 'Haram' is something that was specifically forbidden by Allah while anything else is permissable by default.
Even if theoretically somebody did issue a Fatwah claiming we are not to use USD wouldent it techincally still not be classifiable as Haram?

Need to be very careful when declaring something to be Haram, it is usually much better to claim it as being to be avoided.
Who is saying USD is Haram its just a Currency and its not Haram just stupid rumor nothing more
Bitcoin will survive
Are there any real Islamic banks interested in Bitcoin?
Currently no real and real Islamic banks interested in Bitcoin because many problems and scams going here
Activity: 163
Merit: 10

Activity: 74
donator
Activity: 1736
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Are there any real Islamic banks interested in Bitcoin?
Bitcoin will survive
Intresting. Do u pay interest on deposits
I think they will pay profit not interest because as I read this is not allow in Islam interest
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Intresting. Do u pay interest on deposits
Pages:
Jump to: