Pages:
Author

Topic: Isreal and Palestine war and losing your wallet phrase and password - page 2. (Read 913 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 13
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Have you consider that you lose all your coins because the wallet phrase to your coins and PC burn in a war.
So what will you do if you survive after the war to start back your financial struggling and your crypto investment journey. Or can you get the coins back?
Don't just rely on crypto assets, remember if you have previously earned income from crypto, set it aside and then build other assets online such as YouTube content creators, etc. Returning to the case that the OP wrote about, make sure we also save "keys" or "mneumonics" (backup) in case there is a case of lost laptop, cellphone or an incident such as a fire.
Activity: 322
Merit: 128
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Anything can happen during war and if we are in that situation it is probably not the BTC assets that we think about most but the safety of ourselves and our family members and if that happens, I think you and we are ready beforehand, whether it's a matter of forgetting, there's a small or big incident, and keep it in the safest place, namely in our heads, memorize it over and over again beforehand so we don't forget either the password or the phrase, especially if we already know it. in areas with high vulnerability and large amounts of assets. if you lose your wallet phrase that's the real war.
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625
Wars don't just break out, there must have been some signs and if you are living in such country you need to get the hell out before it gets worse, I knew some people living in Ukraine before the war began, they evade the country and after the real war on Ukraine started.

This is one of the reasons why emergency money is good, always have this in mind, as your home might become that of a stranger some day, I trust myself in this category as I am not always that lose when it comes to unexpected events, I am the type that always expect the unexpected.

Since you aren't in Israel or other countries that are at war still doesn't mean you should be prepared, as I read someone saying why worry when you are not in such countries, no where is ever safe and there is nothing different between you are people living in such countries, same thing can happen in any country, big or small.

I don't agree with you. I myself am a citizen of Ukraine, a resident of Kyiv. On February 24, I suggested that my wife leave the city, since there were very high risks of both shelling and the arrival of the country’s troops, an international terrorist, in Kiev (by the way, they even partially entered Kiev in several areas, but were destroyed). My son and I went and signed up for the Kyiv Territorial Defense. Why ? The answer is simple: this is MY country, this is MY city, and if we all “ran away from the war”, both in Kiev and in Ukraine there would already be the so-called “Russian world”, but in fact - a mixture of Nazism and terrorism, i.e. .e. RASHISM.
There would have been many millions of civilians killed at the hands of Kremlin Nazism, even more cities and destinies destroyed. Therefore, we MUST defend our land, our country, our family!

My wife did not go anywhere, saying that we must go through all this only together. In Ukraine, women also behave courageously and responsibly...

Regarding the storage of access data to wallets, I forwarded them to two of my friends whom I trust and who live in other countries (immigrants from Ukraine, but in the 1990s-2000s they moved to live in other countries), leaving the contacts of all family members (phone, various instant messengers, mail , social networks....), in case of unforeseen situations, and loss of contact with me

I won't discuss the wars that happened and who was right and who was wrong. But if everyone tries to flee the country when it is at war, are we patriotic citizens? And if everyone has the mentality of running away, who will stay and fight to keep the country? This is a selfish mindset and people with this mindset do not deserve to return after the country is at peace. They are even more unworthy of making any demands from the government because they do not help the country.

Regarding storage, there are many ways to do it because we live in a technological world, as long as we can still connect to the internet, I think finding a temporary storage place will not be too difficult.
Patriotic issues or correlated into these things wont really be something that a concern for those people who do live on such places.They wont care on the time that they are on verge or condition
which war is happening.They dont care about those things as long they could get out on which it isnt really that shocking nor surprising on the things that they would gonna do.
Our family's safety would really be our main priority and there's no way that we could put up other things above it. So dont get shocked if people would really
go into that certain extent just for saving up themselves and their loved ones.

Speaking about storing up those coins then if you are already aware that war is happening then it would really be ideal that you should be storing up your keys on cloud, physical storages
would really be at great risks on losing it on the verge of war. Yes, its not recommended considering the risks but it would really be just that temporal. You cant really just that make
yourself wont really be doing something with those coins and its true that once there's internet then we could really be able to access those coins
with ease.
Activity: 812
Merit: 349
Back to the point, I know it's not safe, but I would create two email accounts set a 2FA on both of the accounts, and send an email to my other email writing the seed phrase. If I survive, my phone is likely to survive as well.
Nice idea. for someone whose country is at war would require. This is the ideal way to save a seed phrase, in my opinion, because if you write it down on paper or a steel plate, as some people suggest, you run the risk of losing it or misplacing it due to a bomb explosion. However, if you send your seed phrase to your email that has 2FA security enabled on both, your seed phrase is safe and will be accessible even after the war is over.
Activity: 784
Merit: 117
Chainjoes.com
Have you consider that you lose all your coins because the wallet phrase to your coins and PC burn in a war.
So what will you do if you survive after the war to start back your financial struggling and your crypto investment journey. Or can you get the coins back?

If you saved the one with the seed phrase as your backup, you can still recover it after the war, for sure. But if you don't know where you put it, there is definitely no chance for you to recover it.

That's why it's really important that you have backups, not just one; you should have many backups to make sure that you can also recover when you suffer from such a battle with every country in the world.
Activity: 882
Merit: 645
That’s the situation with wars, it comes with absolute and irreparable destruction that did take years to build.
It’s an unfortunate situation but, one that you cannot repair in the blink of an eye neither will you be able to hold anyone accountable.
One thing is for sure, people have lost more than seed phrases and wallet password. People own business that worth a lot and are life dependent. How then do they go about rebuilding an investment that has been reduced to rumbles. It’s just the situation with war and there is absolutely nothing anyone could do about it.

Security and privacy have it’s cons and this is one of them.
Activity: 261
Merit: 15
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

I think if someone has reached that point he will be able to return to such a place again.
because he has experienced this.
let's say warren buffet lost all his fortune, he will collect it again sooner or later.

For that matter I don't think so, in crypto - the private key is your asset itself. If we lose our private key/seed phrase we can't access our crypto wallet, that's a death sentence.
In conflict-affected areas it is difficult to think about anything else, let alone purchasing crypto, to be able to live, eat and sleep comfortably is already very difficult and requires fighting tooth and nail. Unless we move to a safe country.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

I think if someone has reached that point he will be able to return to such a place again.
because he has experienced this.
let's say warren buffet lost all his fortune, he will collect it again sooner or later.
Activity: 714
Merit: 358
Underestimate- nothing
If you lose those you can't gain them back anymore. It's just that simple.

Some wallet providers will give you access as long as you can provide verification that it was indeed you, but I won't hold on to that hope cause those are usually only reserved for hot wallet providers and all that stuff. Your best bet is always going to be cold wallets with portability options like Trezor, these wallets are very easy to carry and can even be used as a keychain if you so please. Giving you the benefit of being able to carry it with you wherever you go.

Besides, survival is going to be your first priority when you're in the middle of warring states, money can be earned back provided that you stay alive, if you die, you can't get anything back.
You see  a lot of questions all around of how do you get your bitcoin back when you lose the seed phrase and it is very impossible except if the victim have a time machine to go back in time to check what the phrase was.

If it is about wallet i have not heard of them given access the only thing I know is when opening a wallet they don't need your details all the give you is your seed phrase, but if it is an exchanges they will give you access anytime since your registration needs your details with your I.Ds make them have access to your privacy and it is not even safe to keep your money in an exchange because what happened to FTX is a clear lesson to all,  so trusting an exchange with your money is not advisable, keep your money inside your wallet were you are incharge of your funds anytime you need your money you have access to it. That is a very strong advice everyone will give to you.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 223
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
There's absolutely nothing you will do about it afterwards in as much as you didn't backup your wallet phrase in different locations but in one single piece your assets is lost perhaps for ever. It is for the circumvention such unforeseen circumstances like war, inferno, natural disasters and more that we are advised to multi-locate our private keys.

Like they say, when there's life there is hope, survival is quintessential which actually means you can put in more efforts start afresh  to making money again. Moving on may be hard  but that's the best option.
In any case, we should not rely only on our computers and other similar devices to store our secret keys to cryptocurrency wallets. I am a proponent of having printed information on paper. Storing in Google's cloud storage is also not entirely reliable, since starting from the new year they set a two-year period after which, if the account was inactive, all information in the cloud drive is erased. Apparently, we need to simultaneously use different methods for storing our keys. But it’s still impossible to predict everything, and many will lose access to their wallets, including because of the war.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 1756
It is difficult to imagine if there was a war like Israel and Palestine. Maybe if you live in Israel, you can escape. However, I tried to position myself as being in Palestine with very heavy bombardment, maybe metal or steel would not survive if hit by a bomb. Apart from that, being in Palestine also means not being able to go to other countries.

One way is to actually save the seed phrase online, after which we only think about our own safety. Because in a war situation, your own life is the most important asset and second only to Bitcoin assets. By the way, we are very lucky to be in a safe country without war, I can't imagine being in a situation of war between Israel and Palestine.

I'll show you how it not only can be, but how it is.

It ...was...the town of Maryanka, Ukraine, Population 10,000 inhabitants...also WAS.

Was destroyed by Russian terrorist troops in May 2023, by regular shelling with all possible means - MLRS, Artillery, heavy bombs, heavy flamethrower systems....

What do you think - in such a situation the physical carrier will be preserved ? So that it is clear - there is even melted concrete in some houses....

Therefore, information storage - only in the clouds, and it is desirable to have 1-2 trusted people.
Activity: 364
Merit: 272
If I were in their shoes before the war, it’s much better to engrave the phrases in indestructible metal bars of any kind as it is resistant to fire, water or any calamity.
The detonation of a war bomb is incredibly powerful, and even if you store something in metallic form, I can assure you it will suffer physical damage, with the mildest possibility being that your seed phrase becomes illegible. In wartime conditions, it's advisable to leave the battlefield when feasible, as it's a matter of safety and also safeguarding our assets.

If you haven't considered how to securely store your phrase online, you're putting yourself and your assets at risk during such wartime scenarios. However, if you store it online, you shouldn't have to worry about your phrase once the war is over.

Note: Don't store the phrase in plain text. You can use a puzzle technique to make sure the phrase you create can only be deciphered by you. I believe that's a safer approach.

It is difficult to imagine if there was a war like Israel and Palestine. Maybe if you live in Israel, you can escape. However, I tried to position myself as being in Palestine with very heavy bombardment, maybe metal or steel would not survive if hit by a bomb. Apart from that, being in Palestine also means not being able to go to other countries.

One way is to actually save the seed phrase online, after which we only think about our own safety. Because in a war situation, your own life is the most important asset and second only to Bitcoin assets. By the way, we are very lucky to be in a safe country without war, I can't imagine being in a situation of war between Israel and Palestine.
Activity: 364
Merit: 220
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
You can use software that allows you to create a wallet with a seed phrase of 12 words.
It's not impossible to remember 12 words if they are very important. This way you can keep the wallet in your brain. Also known as a bitcoin brainwallet. No one can steal your thoughts.
In cryptography we trust (& verify).

I align with your thoughts, i think that the best place to store such important information like your seed phrase is in your brain. No matter where you are or where you go in the world the phrases will not depart from you. So in this regard if a person decides to memorize their seed phrase, i think that it is better to get a wallet with twelve phrases instead of twenty four, so it'll be easier to memorize. All the person needs to do is to look up on the seed phrase, once in a while, in order not to forget. This method does not in any way undermine the importance of storing the phrase information in other secured locations, but just to be on the safest side, after hiding the seed phrase it's better to memorize them in the brain. As a matter of fact I'll start to memorize my seed phrase from today.

In the event of war, fire disaster, natural disaster, theft, or misplacement of where we stored our seed phrase, it can damage or be stolen, but the ones that are stored in our minds can not be stolen or damaged. So in case where any of the things mentioned where to occur and the phrases are lost all we need do is remember them from our memory, them rewrite, hide and start to memorize them again once in a while.

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
War is the most detrimental action for both parties, including society, the losses caused by war are no joke, starting from lives, assets, the economy and so on becoming worthless, except: those who survived and found a safe place for the people affected by the war.

Talking about crypto assets, of course it is very difficult to talk about countries at war, because we know that wars nowadays usually use missiles, anything can be destroyed and destroyed, including electricity, internet and all assets that are related to online, including banks, but the only way if we have crypto assets, record everything that is related to crypto assets, passwords and so on, plant them 1-2 meters deep in the ground and mark them, If it's safe and we're safe, dig and take it, maybe that's one way to get access back to the crypto asset wallet that we have, that's probably the best way to do it, to go back to the beginning, like the old people did or sell it. buy it in gold, howjust like I said above.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 292
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I also think it will be better to store that way in cloud storage. Storage like you save in google drive, it will be safe there for anytime that you like to restore it after a war when you survive it. If you keep in google drive you have to remember the password to login to the google account and if you do that it will open everything you have keep there. You have to keep the password save no matter how long you will access it back like your email too.
So in reality the problem is happening right now, the story is your life or your money, which is more important?

Luckily, the current life in the country I live in does not encounter this situation where catastrophic wars have ended. But I still hear from the previous generation about the transfer of power, monetary issues were almost meaningless and the assets people hoarded at that time were bars of gold, silver, pearls,... The way they do it is to put it in a box and drop it into the water tank and of course it is secret, even if it is no longer alive, there is still a chance for someone else to find it and use it. In this era, we have bitcoin as a new way to store assets and there are also many ways to store secret things, but in my opinion, try to save your life first.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
I've actually thought about this, though it's not an effective storing technique but I'm left with no choice since I'm constantly on the run for my life. Storing my seed phrase on a piece of paper or metallic steel plate may not be ideal at this point as it could be destroyed. I know I don't support storing of seed phrase electronically but if I happen to be in a country where there's war, I would save it in a cloud storage and if I make it through the war and everything returns back to normalcy. I would look for a computer or phone and access my funds. If it's still in intact, I would create a new wallet, transfer my funds to the wallet and keep my seed phrase offline.

I also think it will be better to store that way in cloud storage. Storage like you save in google drive, it will be safe there for anytime that you like to restore it after a war when you survive it. If you keep in google drive you have to remember the password to login to the google account and if you do that it will open everything you have keep there. You have to keep the password save no matter how long you will access it back like your email too.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
There were numerous experiments with how people memorize things and excluding elements from memory is normal, so translating this to bitcoin seed phrases, if you happen to have a thing like:
cabbage grape jealous banana
your brain will try to associate the three words that are vegetables and fruits which would lead overtime with losing the 3rd word in the sequence.
I bet you have memorized some lyrics that you learnt at school and you still remember them exactly. Well, at least I believe. I would say that memorizing is not a bad method if person tries to memorize it every day and still repeats it even after being confident. By repeating the same words every day for months and more, you will remember it so well, you will be surprised. But I think all methods should be individual, I don't force anyone to follow this one cause I don't know their cognitive abilities but I just think it's not as bad as people say.

Lyrics! Lyrics have logic and are easy to imagine or to capture a feeling:

I, I go my own way
I swim against the stream
Forever I will fight the powers that be
The eagle flies alone

logic and easy to remember replayed 10 times!

Now when you try :
foot ball wolf pledge obvious arch penalty

Your brain will try to first relate the two images, foot and ball, so the image of you kicking a ball, wolf comes easily, you kinking a ball at a wolf , easy to remember, then you get pledge and obvious and arch at which you will realize as you read your brain can't make a logical picture of it, easy to test as you will automatically try to delete the first picture in your mind to come up with a new one based on the next words only to relate again penalty to foot and ball.  Grin

Just pick any seed phrase and you will see how easily your brain imagines the first 2-5 words only to struggle involuntarily as the list goes on to create some logic.

This is not specific about bitcoin or a seed phrase, this is how our brain works. we're just bad at creating and memorizing random data, tests of this kind have been done for decades, and the conclusion is always the same, we're not built for it!

Activity: 728
Merit: 512
There's absolutely nothing you will do about it afterwards in as much as you didn't backup your wallet phrase in different locations but in one single piece your assets is lost perhaps for ever. It is for the circumvention such unforeseen circumstances like war, inferno, natural disasters and more that we are advised to multi-locate our private keys.

Like they say, when there's life there is hope, survival is quintessential which actually means you can put in more efforts start afresh  to making money again. Moving on may be hard  but that's the best option.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
There were numerous experiments with how people memorize things and excluding elements from memory is normal, so translating this to bitcoin seed phrases, if you happen to have a thing like:
cabbage grape jealous banana
your brain will try to associate the three words that are vegetables and fruits which would lead overtime with losing the 3rd word in the sequence.
I bet you have memorized some lyrics that you learnt at school and you still remember them exactly. Well, at least I believe. I would say that memorizing is not a bad method if person tries to memorize it every day and still repeats it even after being confident. By repeating the same words every day for months and more, you will remember it so well, you will be surprised. But I think all methods should be individual, I don't force anyone to follow this one cause I don't know their cognitive abilities but I just think it's not as bad as people say.
If you have a good memory and you follow those tips above, well yeah it wasn't bad because it makes things more convenient for us when accessing our wallet and we don't need to worry if we lose our back ups. But, they are needed just in case something bad happens to us like if we have an amnesia or worse die. That way the people that we inherited the coins can use it.

To the OP, no I don't consider that possibility since, I don't store my keys on the device that I'm using. But if let say it happened, I might struggle financially and start from scratch again but I will still be thankful that I survived the war that occurred and I am still alive.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
paper money is going away
If I were in their shoes before the war, it’s much better to engrave the phrases in indestructible metal bars of any kind as it is resistant to fire, water or any calamity.
The detonation of a war bomb is incredibly powerful, and even if you store something in metallic form, I can assure you it will suffer physical damage, with the mildest possibility being that your seed phrase becomes illegible. In wartime conditions, it's advisable to leave the battlefield when feasible, as it's a matter of safety and also safeguarding our assets.

If you haven't considered how to securely store your phrase online, you're putting yourself and your assets at risk during such wartime scenarios. However, if you store it online, you shouldn't have to worry about your phrase once the war is over.

Note: Don't store the phrase in plain text. You can use a puzzle technique to make sure the phrase you create can only be deciphered by you. I believe that's a safer approach.
Pages:
Jump to: