Pages:
Author

Topic: IT is likely the first person who will live to be 1,000yo is already alive today - page 6. (Read 4480 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Interesting article, but I think get old is a part of the life so why 'destroy' or cancel it?

It will be the peer pressure. Even if you want to get old and die, your friends will talk you out of it.

Cheesy

IMO this kind of stuff are for super rich people.

Except that here are as many as 3,000 varieties of astragalus, the plant group that contains the TA-65 (telomerase) that really works to reduce aging. And this is on top of all sorts of other age reducers that work in part.

Consider grape see extract - proanthocyanidins. This product has been reducing the effects of aging for years now by its antioxidant qualities. Back in the early '90s, you couldn't even find grape seed extract. Now you can buy it relatively inexpensively - $20 a pound or less.

We have bovine pituitary extract, which helps the brain and endocrine systems by producing natural HGH in the body.

We have pregnenolone, the master hormone, which converts on demand in the body into at least 99 other hormones.

On the not so accepted side, we have MMS (chlorine dioxide) for internal use to kill of pathogens. This product has been around for over 100 years, used as drinking water purification. But we are only finding out, now, within the last 20 years or so, how it kills all kinds of bacteria and viruses throughout the whole body if taken in much stronger doses than when used for water purification. And it is close to dirt cheap.

We have ozone and H2O2 intravenous and direct injection therapies (generally not generally available in the USA; go to Mexico) that kill off all kinds of cancer.

Most of our natural, ground drinking water has metallic minerals in it. Metallic minerals harm and kill plants, animals and people because our bodies cannot absorb them properly. We now have fulvic acid and other humic acids that convert metallic minerals in water into ionic minerals that are actually good for you. Amazon sells fulvic acid relatively inexpensively. Fifteen years ago the price was 10 times what it is now, and you could hardly find it.

These are only a few of the things that can slow down aging right now. When TA-65 (telomerase) becomes readily available, its price will come down as well. It is happening right now a little as people realize that astragulus is available all over the place, out in nature. As this unfolds, more and more the only way that people will be able to die is if they get hit by a Mack truck.

In addition, there is all kinds of research going on to reduce aging. The only way to make money off what works is to sell it to the masses. The only way for the masses to be able to afford it is to bring the price down.

Will the 1,000-year-old person ever happen? We won't know until a thousand years are up. But many of us who are around today, may be joyfully alive on some planet revolving around a distant star, a thousand years from now.

Smiley
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

If they break the code for humans to live to at least a 1 000 years then by the time you'll reach your birthday science would have advanced enough for you to reach 10 000 years. By the time you'll reach 10 000 you'll be able to live to a 1 000 000 years. By the time you'll reach 1 000 000 you'll be able to live to 10 000 000 years.

Consequences? :

Life insurance companies would most likely collapse to smaller boutiques or a simple 99 cents app.

The concept of today's healthcare will be remembered as cutting edge bloodletting.

Climate change cycles of many thousands of years will be the new 4 seasons. Al gore would push hard for a ban on life beyond 3000, or erasing anything he said or wrote in his early life, 2600 years earlier.

Owning land would not make much sense because of plate tectonics. Who knows where your little paradise island will end up when you finally retire at the age of 9 236 451, underwater or 5000 feet up in the sky.

Why own a bit of land on earth when you can travel in space for centuries and own your own private moon, planet or whole solar system, for each and every human. By that time fusion reactors will be like our disposable double A batteries of today, so the energy a million year old human would need will be trivial.

Cool

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
It would be a good experiment for those who have the money to invest in this. I don't know who has lived for 150 years and as per wikipedia, the longest living human was 122 years. Basically, 70-80 years defines a normal person's age and they could use this only once.

IMO, I don't mind aging and but looking young even when I turn 60 would be most welcome. People look like 35-40 even when they are 60 years old and are quite healthy as well. Some go for cosmic surgery while some are God gifted and mainly have a healthy diet.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Ask them to call you first before they deliver.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Am I the only one that thinks if it gets possible to live for 1000 years...
Then we will not only over populate earth faster.. But we will ruin our plantet completely within the next 200 years max.

So you are resigned to the idea that Earth land is the last explored place to live in the universe?
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Interesting article, but I think get old is a part of the life so why 'destroy' or cancel it?

It will be the peer pressure. Even if you want to get old and die, your friends will talk you out of it.

Cheesy

Like those car phones.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Am I the only one that thinks if it gets possible to live for 1000 years...
Then we will not only over populate earth faster.. But we will ruin our plantet completely within the next 200 years max.
legendary
#Free market

Cheesy

Obviously, how can a poor/medium person pay this kind of 'cure'? Only the person rich that don't want to get old will pay for the 'experimentation'.

Activity: 574
Merit: 506
I can imagine the outrage this would cause; given limited resources in a finite universe, coupled with the limits of time and pretty much universal demand, and the difference between rich and poor...yeah, that's a movie idea if I ever heard one, did someone make it yet?

Either United Nations can adopt one child policy or keep the cost of therapy so high, that lower 99% cant afford it. Problem solved.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
That would be fantastic if it's true, especially if it has none of the drawbacks a lot of ideas to do with long life have.

Not sure if you want a Wilikon continually posting new threads for the next 1000 years though...

Cool

LOL! Meh, if they get annoying there's always the ignore list like with everything, I expect I'd be just as bad and be annoying religious people for the next several hundred years if this really works.
legendary

Cheesy
legendary
#Free market
legendary
That would be fantastic if it's true, especially if it has none of the drawbacks a lot of ideas to do with long life have.

Not sure if you want a Wilikon continually posting new threads for the next 1000 years though...

Cool

Think of all the little Wilikons there will be running around by then.    Grin
legendary
Longevity just for the sake of it is unappealing. Our bodies age, nothing to stop that. Have you seen a 90 or 100 year old? Would you want to live 9 times longer? Even so, people aren't always so adaptable. You see older people already "lost" with tech, mainstream culture, etc, as they're in the mindset they were in decades ago. Imagine if those people (who are, likely, most of us too) lived a thousand years but we're stuck in their ways from centuries earlier.

Besides which, the chances of one reaching 120 are nearly minuscule. Till we see more reaching that plateau and exceeding it, why should we think this generation will wildly exceed it?

The only way a person can live to a thousand is if he is healthy. That's the idea that de Grey is putting forward.

Since people don't want to die - I mean, just look at all the people trying to stay alive in every way they can - why not stay alive if you can do it in a healthy and happy way?

The only thing wrong is that picture of de Grey. It is self-contradictory that he should use hair coloring to keep out "de grey."

Cheesy
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Cool

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Longevity just for the sake of it is unappealing. Our bodies age, nothing to stop that. Have you seen a 90 or 100 year old? Would you want to live 9 times longer? Even so, people aren't always so adaptable. You see older people already "lost" with tech, mainstream culture, etc, as they're in the mindset they were in decades ago. Imagine if those people (who are, likely, most of us too) lived a thousand years but we're stuck in their ways from centuries earlier.

Besides which, the chances of one reaching 120 are nearly minuscule. Till we see more reaching that plateau and exceeding it, why should we think this generation will wildly exceed it?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I can imagine the outrage this would cause; given limited resources in a finite universe, coupled with the limits of time and pretty much universal demand, and the difference between rich and poor...yeah, that's a movie idea if I ever heard one, did someone make it yet?
Pages:
Jump to: