Pages:
Author

Topic: IT is likely the first person who will live to be 1,000yo is already alive today - page 7. (Read 4480 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
That would be fantastic if it's true, especially if it has none of the drawbacks a lot of ideas to do with long life have.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Well the topic title is true. Jesus was raised from death almost 2,000 years ago, and He is still alive today... just not on planet earth physically.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Aubrey de Grey

[...]

To achieve longevity, de Grey is developing a therapy to kill cells that have lost the ability to divide, allowing healthy cells to multiply and replenish the tissue.

“The therapies that we are working on at the moment are not going to be perfect,” he said.

“These therapies are going to be good enough to take middle age people, say people aged 60, and rejuvenate them thoroughly enough so they won’t be biologically 60 again until they are chronologically 90.

“That means we have essentially bought 30 years of time to figure out how to re-rejuvenate them when they are chronologically 90 so they won’t be biologically 60 for a third time until they are 120 or 150.

“I believe that 30 years is going to be very easily enough time to do that.”

Mr de Grey explained his technique for achieving eternal youthfulness is far more likely to be developed before the theories explored by other gerontologist that focus on preventing the metabolism from causing damage to the body.

“We will be able to keep one step ahead of the problem and keep rejuvenating the same people as long as we like,” he said
“The big breakthrough in terms of publicity will be when we can take middle aged mice in the laboratory and rejuvenate them.

“Once we can do it for mice, people are going to know that it’s only a matter of time before we can do it for human beings.
“So that’s where I want to get to and I think we have a fair chance of getting there in six to eight years from now.”

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/researchers-believe-a-biological-revolution-enabling-humans-to-experience-everlasting-youthfulness-is-coming/story-fnpjxnqt-1227304902553

Pages:
Jump to: