Pages:
Author

Topic: It is time for Bounty hunters to hold/hodl - page 14. (Read 8746 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
Doesn't always work (especially ICO ones), the $10 you are talking about might be worth zero if you keep hodling lol

But, still you should hold and hope for the best because selling $10 doesn't make sense.
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
In crypto, the time to hold a coin is not different for bounty hunters and investors. The decision to hold a coin comes after the investor or bounty hunter has done a thorough research into the project and has ascertained the capabilities of the coin. After doing this, both bounty hunters and investors have every reason to hold.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
If my tokens are listed on an exchange, i prefer to convert it to bitcoin and ethereum coin for a better hodl. Because bitcoin and ethereum are the two coins good for a long term holding that can give us profit. And holding tokens can have risk, some tokens may increase after a year but some tokens aren't increasing besides continue to drop price after being listed. So it is better to convert your tokens into bitcoin or ethereum coin for a better hodl.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 343
With the current situation, I will agree with OP as most tokens/coins that will hit or listed in the market will drop 80-90%of its sale price unless you hit the jackpot and get listed to big exchanges or even will have an IEO in binance and other big exchanges. But if we will be on the bull run better to sell them into btc or eth it happened to me with INS I didnt sell when it was $3-5 and see what happened now.
Even though it listed into big exchanges but as we look into the current price of altcoins never had at good. Time to hold again as we are in red market and let see how long it takes back into normal session. I supposed to think that we are keeping into the uptrend motion but it looks difficult to have a steady climbing flow. We can decline those falls as expected to happen even during the bull run.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
With the current situation, I will agree with OP as most tokens/coins that will hit or listed in the market will drop 80-90%of its sale price unless you hit the jackpot and get listed to big exchanges or even will have an IEO in binance and other big exchanges. But if we will be on the bull run better to sell them into btc or eth it happened to me with INS I didnt sell when it was $3-5 and see what happened now.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 379
The crypto market right now is not looking too good most of the bounty hunters they are keep holding their token that they receive from the bounties, but we need to research the project if they have more development or more active for their social medias.
Activity: 630
Merit: 101
I think that now is not a simple situation on the market and bounty hunters are better off selling their reward right away. The price of a token can fall dramatically in the medium term.
Activity: 574
In 2017 those who hold were rewarded and even small airdrop could be increased in price so much. So I suggest you to hold small amounts and not to sell it
Activity: 429
Merit: 102
When the price of any token i got from bounty is /10 lower than the ico price i don't bother selling again. I just for the coin to pump before i sell so as to mininze loss
That is the good thing to do. Hold because there will have a pump after the distribution of reward. I am also doing that to gain profit and not to loss but when the project wont success during the ico, I have to take the risk and sell when it has value on the market.
Activity: 491
Merit: 100
When the price of any token i got from bounty is /10 lower than the ico price i don't bother selling again. I just for the coin to pump before i sell so as to mininze loss
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
Gone are the days when hunters receive huge sums as rewards in fiat value when exchanged. There were cases of someone making as much as over $10000 in a single campaign and it happened that such coins have dumped drastically by now, so the hunter would have lost huge if he never exchanged and then it was the period of receive and dump quickly.

Right now the trend has changed, it is now the period of receive and hold, anyone that dumps will be dumping for a very cheap amount, may end up regretting when such tokens have pumped several amounts higher than how much was sold. Imagine working for three months and receiving $10 in token exchange value and dumping at such amount where it would be worth about $100 waiting for some months being favored with the impending bull run.

The scenario you presented is really common nowadays. But how can you assure that the token worth $10 in the exchanges will eventually be pumped and get good returns? We all know very well that only few projects can have that kind of fate. Most of them are in the reverse side especially those with empty foundations. And in this regard, I believe the hunter who is holding his tokens should know how to study the project and assess for himself if that token has the chance of making waves in the future. Otherwise, better let go of those tokens and move on.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
I miss those days; nonetheless, bounty campaigns are somehow alive except that the value of the tokens acquired need to be held for some time before its value increase. Holding is also good for the ICO project itself.
Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Gone are the days when hunters receive huge sums as rewards in fiat value when exchanged. There were cases of someone making as much as over $10000 in a single campaign and it happened that such coins have dumped drastically by now, so the hunter would have lost huge if he never exchanged and then it was the period of receive and dump quickly.

Right now the trend has changed, it is now the period of receive and hold, anyone that dumps will be dumping for a very cheap amount, may end up regretting when such tokens have pumped several amounts higher than how much was sold. Imagine working for three months and receiving $10 in token exchange value and dumping at such amount where it would be worth about $100 waiting for some months being favored with the impending bull run.

I think very little coins, which will grow in 10 times in price, over the last year I such not saw.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148

No, it's time to abandon bounty hunting, instead of collections shitcoins and praying that they will go to the moon one day - this is just a waste of time and effort. They days of ICO's are gone, it's unclear if new forms like STO will replace it and create the same hype, and even if they do, we don't know if they will employ bounty hunters. The best thing you can do is to invest your time in education and get some skills that will allow you to do some well-paying jobs, instead of retweeting and liking stuff for pennies.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
Holding bounty reward is case to case basis because they have possible to earn quick huge profits from bounty what is the reason to hold the reward. If the rewards are listed in the market but their value isn't enough to sell just hold it and wait the right to sell to get huge profits un the future.
Activity: 882
Merit: 101
I think the idea of hold is a good idea but if you want to hold coins you have to analyze the coins that will be hold because there are lots of bad coins out there that will die after entering the market
Activity: 552
Merit: 1
The worst and surprising fact about most of them is that, they would have started trading on DEX, before any official listing. The price might be fair of DEX, but immediately after listing on centralized exchange, it dumps again. Indeed it is a new era for the crypto market. Patience is of great necessity and of utmost importance. Someone like me has now learnt the virtue.
Activity: 378
I do second your idea. Patience is key in crypto, if you don't have patience, forget it. The price of a token can surprise you in a matter of seconds. BNB is a typical example, see where it started from and where it is now. Holding is for the patience but determined who knows the essence of his or her hard work and have decided not to dump for a cheap penny. I'm proud to be a chief hodler.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
Now I sell some coins that I received a long time ago. It turns out about x7-x10 from their price a year ago. The main thing is to know which coins you need to hold and which not.

That's the main point. Most of the time people get wrong is about projects. Some potential projects coin become dead but some unknown project's coin increase 1-300%! Like the Atomic coin, I never thought this coin can increase more than 300% within a month! And then Wpp token, I hold this coin because I thought Wpp will have a good price but day by day it becomes shit! Within two months, Wpp price has decreased 100%! So, Bounty hunters need to hodl quality project's coin, not from every bounty!
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
Now I sell some coins that I received a long time ago. It turns out about x7-x10 from their price a year ago. The main thing is to know which coins you need to hold and which not.
Pages:
Jump to: