Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 247. (Read 631736 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
January 25, 2014, 11:51:13 AM
So every produced picture or document can get an indelible proof of date of creation or trasmission of it, avoiding legal issues linked to the time it was produced/delivered (e.g. to prove a certain file o software existed before -> copyright protection).
Question: can it be applicable to iXcoin considering the 2015 deadline? Will the mining still be used to produce, instead of coins, valid stamps?
Every coin can validate 100.000.000 documents. It seems a lot, but if extensively used, ixcoin would be in a better position being able produce to more "coins".
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
January 25, 2014, 11:30:06 AM
This is an absolutely great application for iXcoin.

http://www.cryptostamp.net/how-it-works.php

Here is a youtube video that explains it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIXq-ZIQP7c

At this time,  the bitcoin network would like treat this messages as spam ( less than 5430 satoshis).

However, it should work for iXcoin even if we have an 5430 thomases filter on spam.
January 25, 2014, 10:08:40 AM
I love it!
January 25, 2014, 09:49:33 AM
Here's the new logo that I would like to adopt:

Comments
legendary
January 25, 2014, 09:40:07 AM
I was considering taking a position in IXC, however the coin generation properties worries me:

Also it is not exactly like bitcoin as it makes 96 coins per block and does not lower that over time but instead stops boom directly down to zero at some specific block number.

there are currently ~13M iXcoins (as of June 2013) in existence and it is expected that all 21 million iXcoins will have been generated by 2015.

What will happen to the network hashrate in 2015? There will be no reason to merge-mine it anymore and it won't be widely adopted enough for fees to provide an alternative...

This will require discussion with the major pool operators.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
January 25, 2014, 04:13:02 AM
Coloured coins might help.

Any transactions of any currency that rides on the IXCoin blockchain is an IXCoin transaction too...

-MarkM-
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
January 25, 2014, 03:43:45 AM
I was considering taking a position in IXC, however the coin generation properties worries me:

Also it is not exactly like bitcoin as it makes 96 coins per block and does not lower that over time but instead stops boom directly down to zero at some specific block number.

there are currently ~13M iXcoins (as of June 2013) in existence and it is expected that all 21 million iXcoins will have been generated by 2015.

What will happen to the network hashrate in 2015? There will be no reason to merge-mine it anymore and it won't be widely adopted enough for fees to provide an alternative...

legendary
January 24, 2014, 11:28:43 AM
It's incredible how much you can perceive from what's written.

https://ghash.io/ghashio_press_release.pdf
Page 2
•We will implement a feature, allowing CEX.IO users to mine bitcoins from other pools. So when they purchase GH/s they can put it towards any pool they choose.

So, in order to expand their cloud mining without risking a 51% attack to bitcoin, they are gonna welcome under their wings other pools.

Do you get what it means for iXcoin having a big boy like this on its side?

Yup, we got the biggest of the boys on our side.

Absolutely no way I would be selling at 11 cents.
January 24, 2014, 11:22:49 AM
It's incredible how much you can perceive from what's written.

https://ghash.io/ghashio_press_release.pdf
Page 2
•We will implement a feature, allowing CEX.IO users to mine bitcoins from other pools. So when they purchase GH/s they can put it towards any pool they choose.

So, in order to expand their cloud mining without risking a 51% attack to bitcoin, they are gonna welcome under their wings other pools.

Do you get what it means for iXcoin having a big boy like this on its side?

January 24, 2014, 04:10:53 AM
How let people know about iXcoin without having to sign up all the times to forums or websites.

Many altcoins related articles have the possibility to leave a comment. If it allows to post as guest, you just give your name and email, then write a brief message about iXcoin. You will be surprised by the number of messages/articles you can leave all around the net.
legendary
January 23, 2014, 10:13:39 PM
First: I am allergic to DOGiEs.
Second: I think they are like diversions from what really matters: can you imagine the twins Winklevoss or Andreessen Horowitz rushing in their vault in order to sell out bitcoins for doges?
Can you imagine Ghash.io mining Doges?
No? This is why: Doge is about speculation, Bitcoin, like iXcoin, is about development and features.
Now if we are here to speculate go and create a dozen of new coins each, if we are here because we really believe something unique can happen, that's different.

FIRST THING NEEDS TO BE DONE: Windows 0.8.6 client, not tomorrow ... yesterday.

The market right now is being manipulated by the miners.   Just look at the latest coin that exploded, mooncoin... why?  because it got into multipool.us that is why.   If you can ensure enough hash rate as the price rises,  then you can make sure your pump doesn't get met with a lot of sell orders.   

The reason miners dislike iXcoin is because they can't acquire the coins for next to nothing and pump it.  iXcoin must be acquired in the open market and that risk is too great for miners who are also pump and dumpers.

January 23, 2014, 07:38:14 PM
First: I am allergic to DOGiEs.
Second: I think they are like diversions from what really matters: can you imagine the twins Winklevoss or Andreessen Horowitz rushing in their vault in order to sell out bitcoins for doges?
Can you imagine Ghash.io mining Doges?
No? This is why: Doge is about speculation, Bitcoin, like iXcoin, is about development and features.
Now if we are here to speculate go and create a dozen of new coins each, if we are here because we really believe something unique can happen, that's different.

FIRST THING NEEDS TO BE DONE: Windows 0.8.6 client, not tomorrow ... yesterday.
legendary
January 23, 2014, 06:35:11 PM
There's 17 million coins out there.  I have such a hard time believing $.11 is too low giving almost all those coins were either mined for free or bought at 1 Penny or lower.

So why isn't any other coin with that many coins outstanding not behaving this way?  Especially for a coin supposedly nobody wants.  Why aren't the pools and miners dumping everything they have?  It just doesn't add up.  Out of 17 million coins there should be a few million with low standards or in need of quick easy profits and we have never seen that on this coin.  It really makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes. 

Well, the price has been pretty stable for a while now.

Like I said,  I've seen pump and dumps come and go,  but iXcoin just stays around 2 million market cap.
legendary
January 23, 2014, 06:34:06 PM
If it makes you feel better I sold the DOGE I mined to buy IXCoins  lol.  I never did like that coin, but the money is flowing there so might as well grab some while I can.

I did the same.   No regrets though.
Activity: 541
January 23, 2014, 06:19:36 PM
If it makes you feel better I sold the DOGE I mined to buy IXCoins  lol.  I never did like that coin, but the money is flowing there so might as well grab some while I can.
Activity: 409
Merit: 252
January 23, 2014, 05:42:06 PM
There's 17 million coins out there.  I have such a hard time believing $.11 is too low giving almost all those coins were either mined for free or bought at 1 Penny or lower.

So why isn't any other coin with that many coins outstanding not behaving this way?  Especially for a coin supposedly nobody wants.  Why aren't the pools and miners dumping everything they have?  It just doesn't add up.  Out of 17 million coins there should be a few million with low standards or in need of quick easy profits and we have never seen that on this coin.  It really makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes. 
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
January 23, 2014, 05:24:03 PM
Anyway,  please add your final edits... this is last call!

s/The creator, used /The creator used /

Not sure if its block timing target is exactly the same maybe it is but its difficulty adaptation is probably more adaptive (adaptive meaning faster, and maybe up up to 10% down up to 50% or somesuch).

Don't worry about missing this DOGE pump, there have been others and likely will be others in the future.

Place your lowball buy offers ready to catch it cheap on th way back down.

Then as those sell put the resulting coins way up in extreme highball offers and working downward to about where the top of the last peak was, to catch it on its way back up hopefully higher next time around.

Volume of IXCoin is probably low due to buy offers being insultingly low.

Once people start offering a buck or few bucks or several bucks per coin people's wallets will start to open a little more I expect.

-MarkM-
legendary
January 23, 2014, 04:38:12 PM
That looks really good.  What you have done to IXCoin Frictionless has surprised me,  in that today I bought my first IX Coins.  And Vlad has surprised me as well, in that since he got back from his holidays, he isn't well... Vlad.  Maybe someone dumped his body in a river and there is an imposter Vlad here  Smiley.    Keep up the good work.  

But before you worry about getting people here, you need to get people holding the coin to loosen the purse strings.  There really is NO volume at all on this coin, which is surprising since there are millions of coins out there.  It's very odd to see Volume numbers with numbers like 3 coins traded here, 7 there.  And this is on a coin with a value of $0.11.  If everyone waits until the price is $800 before they sell, well then the coin will die, and all the marketing you throw at it won't help.

Possibly targeting store locations to take your coin and get coins flowing might help you alot in getting things going.

Well you did hit on the current problem.    That is why I am working on NUDC implementation that hopefully will drive demand for the coin.  

It is also not clear to me why many of the coins just released have massive volumes and pumps.   There are people with a lot of cash in their hand and playing the pump and dump.  So I often see a lot of coins just jump ahead of iXcoin out of nowhere, but eventually crash and burn.   The few that have stayed up their is DogeCoin... dogecoin was a good meme... plus it had real developer support... I believe it was some ex-IBMer with 20 years of experience.  If you look a Dogecoin... you can see that they've got nice apps.

Anyway,  to summarize,  every coin is like a stock.. an enterprise... a business.    Some coins are run like businesses,  some like penny stocks and some not at all.   That is why I am upset when people take things for granted and think the value goes up magiacally.  This is a competitive enviroment!

Now I am kicking myself not to have ridden the DOGE wave.

Next time... if you see good devs working on a coin... invest in it!

Activity: 541
January 23, 2014, 04:27:18 PM
That looks really good.  What you have done to IXCoin Frictionless has surprised me,  in that today I bought my first IX Coins.  And Vlad has surprised me as well, in that since he got back from his holidays, he isn't well... Vlad.  Maybe someone dumped his body in a river and there is an imposter Vlad here  Smiley.    Keep up the good work.  

But before you worry about getting people here, you need to get people holding the coin to loosen the purse strings.  There really is NO volume at all on this coin, which is surprising since there are millions of coins out there.  It's very odd to see Volume numbers with numbers like 3 coins traded here, 7 there.  And this is on a coin with a value of $0.11.  If everyone waits until the price is $800 before they sell, well then the coin will die, and all the marketing you throw at it won't help.

Possibly targeting store locations to take your coin and get coins flowing might help you alot in getting things going.
legendary
January 23, 2014, 04:22:33 PM
Charts, pictures? People today need visual aids. Let's give them a nice, reassuring picture, inspiring confidence, conveying solidity and stability. Am I asking too much from 1-2 pictures?

As I said before: some coins are all marketing, iXcoin is all "geeks' stuff'. Let's jump the fence and give something more to the public.

Unfortunately, this is a press release.  It does not come with pictures.

It comes out of the news wires... so it hits financial services. 

Anyway,  please add your final edits... this is last call!
Jump to: