Pages:
Author

Topic: Justcoin · Secure Bitcoin Exchange from Norway (BTC/EUR/USD) - page 2. (Read 27897 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250
Founder here

Withdrawals are taking time because it takes time to retrieve private keys from vaults. It's impossible for us to do support on twitter, reddit and btt at the same time, so I ask that you use [email protected]

And please be nice to our support staff!

can you explain why my btc withdrawal ended in a "invalid address" status when the address tipped is correctly, is this another try to scam?
yes, definetely, happened to me 3 times and still didn't get my btc, they are trying to scam everyone...
sended them mails to please withdraw my bitcoins manually but they won't  Roll Eyes
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I also had this on one of my withdrawals although the address was valid. I don't know why it happened but when I tried again, the withdrawal was processed within 15 minutes (though this was during the day).

I have kept on trading the whole day until the exchange closed down the trading engine at 17:00 CET and all 7 withdrawals that I did yesterday and today (eventually) went through. So I wouldn't say they are scamming. I'm quite happy with they way they handled the situation and bear in mind that it takes a lot of cold storage BTC to get all user withdrawals off to the appropriate user. As far as I can tell now, their administration is just fine and nothing compared to how Gox handled their case.

For me I am now only waiting for a Euro withdrawal that I entered today, but that obviously takes a couple of days.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
VocalPlatform.com
Founder here

Withdrawals are taking time because it takes time to retrieve private keys from vaults. It's impossible for us to do support on twitter, reddit and btt at the same time, so I ask that you use [email protected]

And please be nice to our support staff!

can you explain why my btc withdrawal ended in a "invalid address" status when the address tipped is correctly, is this another try to scam?
Activity: 154
i trade my first stellars in this exchange and Too bad they have to close the exchange
A couple of withdrawals went OK for me too. Now waiting for the last ones (BTC and EUR).

Trading has now been suspended, the 'buy' and 'sell' button give an error about that. I picked up my things and left... Too bad, it was nice to trade there every now and then.

I think I am actually the last one that had an order fulfilled there just before closing at 17:00 CET. At least for me it was a bit fortunate because someone sold me 0.25 BTC for 150 Euro's which is about half the going price. Well every downside has its upside I guess.

My thanks goes out to the exchange owners for running things relatively smoothly, a bit more communication and some 'guarantees' that funds are safe here and there would have been nice, but at least there were some posts on Reddit and here. Maybe in the future they can team up with Lemon Way and start the exchange again. Or just move to a less BTC-hostile country Wink.

Now awaiting my final funds... Wink
Activity: 826
Merit: 517
Done trade more than 100 times in justcoin, regret to see the site will be shut down.

Withdrew stellar and landed less than 24 hours.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
BTC withdrawal went ok, EUR was sent, hope to see it in my bank next couple of days.

It's very sad things went bad, I used Justcoin a lot.
Activity: 132
For all you out there in doubt: although many wild stories go around, I can confirm that my withdrawals are now being picked up. It took 17 hours (probably because their hot wallet was empty yesterday) but for now I like to believe that all information about the banking problems is genuine and that we are not being goxxed.

I confirm: All mine went through, too. And the funds were not negligible.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Justcoin is shutting down

I got an email saying trading closes October 29th and to also withdrawal your funds by November 11th.

Make sure to withdrawal your funds before it closes!

Serves Justcoin right for shilling for the ripple scam.
For all you out there in doubt: although many wild stories go around, I can confirm that my withdrawals are now being picked up. It took 17 hours (probably because their hot wallet was empty yesterday) but for now I like to believe that all information about the banking problems is genuine and that we are not being goxxed.

Edit: Oh nice, my 2 withdrawals now give 'Failed: invalid address'  Angry. I copy-pasted the address from my home wallet so how can this be Sad

Edit 2: Tried again with different address, now it went through (within 10 minutes so that's great)!
Activity: 48
Ironically, my Ripple and Stellar withdrawals are the first to be completed.

For the record: According to Ripple Labs, the tfPartialPayment hack was due to incorrect implementation by Justcoin, as well as a general lack of precautions.
I also think there should be a bit more info on all that's going on. I have a lot of funds over there but withdrawing takes an hour now and their mail says it can take up to 24 hours. That is very unfortunate because I think that withdrawing BTC shouldn't be that hard at all. I also tried to cancel a withdrawal but now that withdrawal is in the state 'cancelling'. So it won't be withdrawn but I cannot access the funds on the site either to do some last minute trading with it.

Quite frustrating and I hope that for the time being they try to handle this as quickly as possible.

Also: why don't they switch over to a 3rd party for payments like 'Lemon Way'. Lemon Way is used by the Paymium and the Clevercoin exchange.
Activity: 924
Merit: 452
Check your coin privilege

I think they had other problems on their mind than dealing with your suspension. The e-mail said their bank wanted to shut them down and they couldn't find another bank in Norway that would accept a digital currency business.
I still trust these guys. I wish they didn't quit but continued as a cryptocoin-only exchange.

Being an exchange, is not an easy job. You have to be able to deal with not only the pressure of banks and funds and legal commitments and whatnot, but also to your users inquiries. The support has not replied to me in 5 days. That is not behavior of an exchange. That is the behavior of a scammer that just took your funds worth 1000$ and ignored you because he has the money. You trust them because you're not in my shoes. You withdrew your money and you're like 'oh well I'll miss the exchange', but I'm afraid I'll carry this to a lawsuit if I don't receive my funds and the website closes permanently.
Activity: 48

I got an email saying trading closes October 29th and to also withdrawal your funds by November 11th.

Luckily, I managed to sell my fiat balances quickly. Waiting for the withdrawals to be processed...

I have been suspended! I can't withdraw them! What sort of joke is this?

I think they had other problems on their mind than dealing with your suspension. The e-mail said their bank wanted to shut them down and they couldn't find another bank in Norway that would accept a digital currency business.
I still trust these guys. I wish they didn't quit but continued as a cryptocoin-only exchange.

They used STR & XRP fund to cover their losses.

Those guys are crooks after all !

I am losing funds of up to 2 BTC... It took me 3 full days of socializing with every single person I know to gather this much funds. And now I'm losing it just like that.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

They used STR & XRP fund to cover their losses.

Those guys are crooks after all !
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010
666 - slave 2 the grind -

Is the Justcoin support not replying anymore? I have got my account suspended, and I can't see any funds I have deposited in it. They are holding more than 1.7 btc and 60k Stellar coins. Are they not replying to anyone or are they doing this just for me?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Justcoin must add email confirmation feature when we log in from different IP, about a week ago i logged in to my account and there's one trade i didn't recognize, i am lucky i have only few coins.

Have you enabled two-factor authentication?
Justcoin uses Google Authenticator (I'd prefer Authy).
No, I didn't know they provide 2fa feature. Thanks, I will activate it.
Pages:
Jump to: