Pages:
Author

Topic: Justcoin · Secure Bitcoin Exchange from Norway (BTC/EUR/USD) - page 3. (Read 27897 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 10
Justcoin must add email confirmation feature when we log in from different IP, about a week ago i logged in to my account and there's one trade i didn't recognize, i am lucky i have only few coins.

Have you enabled two-factor authentication?
Justcoin uses Google Authenticator (I'd prefer Authy).
Activity: 48
This is the message Justcoin sent to users yesterday:

Dear Justcoin user,
You are receiving this email because you have a balance of XRP at Justcoin. XRP deposits, withdrawals and trading have been disabled for the last three days. This is an explanation of what has happened and what the status is.
A network-wide weakness in how both Ripple and Stellar communicated transactions was exploited by an unknown third-party to to deposit false IOUs through Ripple/Stellar to Justcoin. These were consequently withdrawn to their own payment networks as native currencies. The result was that our hotwallets were emptied. Most of our customers' funds is in cold storage but the amounts were still significant. Justcoin will not operate as a fractional reserve and therefore we decided to lock down all services affected until we had a solution ready.
Justcoin cannot and will not accept taking the responsibility for this weakness in the network. It is caused by a feature that is poorly documented and has been present in both Ripple and Stellar for a long time. Other gateways, exchanges and native transaction explorers have also been affected. There is also documented that the security vulnerability has been known by the network developers for at least 2 months without any kind of explicit and direct warning to affected gateways and other services. A thorough and technical explanation of the weakness can be read here: https://medium.com/@abrkn/partial-payments-ripple-stellar-vulnerability-in-the-wild-29aaefd8a7ac.
The result is that as of now there will be imposed a partial 'hold' on all XRP balances. This hold will be representing the amount of XRP that is missing. Deposits will be disabled until we are 100% confident that we are no longer affected by this weakness or any other yet undiscovered. Deposits that have been made between the shutdown and now will be credited in full once deposits are opened. Trading and withdrawal of the XRP that is not on hold is now enabled. Please allow delays on withdrawals due to moving of funds from cold storage to hot wallet. The percentage of each XRP balance that is on partial hold is 23.27%.
We can assure you that it is our intention that the partial holds will be lifted. We are looking at different options and are having a dialogue with Ripple Labs and Stellar foundation. We will try to figure out a way to solve this, one way or another. Expect regular updates.
We are terribly sorry for the situation but are asking for your understanding and patience. If you have any questions that are not answered here please don't hesitate to ask. Allow some time for us to answer as our support is under high pressure at this time.
Sincerely,
Klaus Bugge Lund from Justcoin

tl;dr they're blaming Ripple and applying a 23% haircut on XRP deposits (supposed to be temporary)
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Justcoin must add email confirmation feature when we log in from different IP, about a week ago i logged in to my account and there's one trade i didn't recognize, i am lucky i have only few coins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It is working fine now. I was able to deposit and withdraw Bitcoins using same deposit address that I always use.

no str/btc have problem

please tell me when str/btc trade will be ok?
Activity: 112
It is working fine now. I was able to deposit and withdraw Bitcoins using same deposit address that I always use.
any news?
when site be ok?
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Please: if you experience difficulties over more than 15 minutes it is a MUST to have a little update on this on the webpage which is updated at least every hour. That is just so important for your customers and thus indirectly for you.

Could not agree more. Even when you're a small team like Justcoin, and probably busy figuring out what has happened, you need to spend those 5 minutes every other hour to keep your customers informed. Its critical to customer satisfaction. Its how you handle episodes like these that will determine your long term success. While you are busy patching, your customers are already making their contingency plans... Uncertainty breaks the trust.
Activity: 354
Merit: 103
It is now up so as you can login but not do any trading, there is some kind of api error, at least something is changing implying they are working on it. Ironic I should chose today to act since I haven't touched this account for almost a year :-)
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Justcoin is now offline for >4 hours. The market is moving, I have orders at the margin. And although I had only good experiences with Justcoin and always received fast, nice and competent support, there is still the little fear in the back of my brain: what if they just took the money and run? Clearly not a comfortable situation to be in.

Please: if you experience difficulties over more than 15 minutes it is a MUST to have a little update on this on the webpage which is updated at least every hour. That is just so important for your customers and thus indirectly for you.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
https://twitter.com/jstcoin

They wrote about having technical issues on twitter. Personally I am not concerned, I have been a power user of them for a year now, and withdrawal speed in both fiat and crypto was the most consistent and fast among many exchanges.
Activity: 112
legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 4469
took em 4 days but i finally got my deposit. id be wary of justcoin
legendary
my reply from them today

Hi Tommy,
We are terribly sorry for the late response on this request. After doing some maintainance on Litecoin last weekend we experienced some issues causing deposits to get stuck. The CTO of Justcoin, Andreas found the problem and all the missing deposits were credited. Apparently there are still some problems which we have to determine. Andreas has been working on it today, but he may need another day for it. I can however assure you that your missing deposit is not lost.
Again we are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
Best regards,
took em 4 days but i finally got my deposit. id be wary of justcoin
legendary
i sent 9.99 ltc to justcoin earlier and now have 164 confirms. still awaiting my deposit. have sent an email and also tried contacting support on the site. so far no response.

4712ad2ff197f1f91382355da0f9fe772d05256b60a3c29205a9047c326f918a  tx id

not sure whats up but i hope to see a resolution soon
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
100% trusted Website to exchange your Stellars or the available Cryptocurrencies on justcoin.com

I have done more than 15 exchanges on Justcoin.

Justcoin processed my Stellar to Bitcoins Order with a lightening speed.

Activity: 434
Be careful guys. Just want to share what happen.

22 Sep - Sent 20 LTC to Justcoin. Not reflected in my account. Sent ticket to Support.
23 Sep - No reply from Support. Sent email instead.
24 Sep - Support came back with this reply:
"... It is indeed weird that this deposit has not been credited to your account. We had some issues over the weekend with our Litecoin-node acting up, which might have something to do with it. I will assign this message to our CTO, Andreas, to take a look on. I am sure we can fix this problem very soon!"
I message back requesting for a refund while their CTO is looking into the problem.
25 Sep - No response from Support.

Up to this point, I believe Justcoin is legitimate. But they need to do more to assure their customers. Just hope I can receive my 20 LTC soon.

EDIT: The LTC has been credited to my account.
Activity: 294
***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***
I deposited stellar, but it never came? I think these guys are scamming.
Activity: 82
I don't like Justcoin.
And the thing of this dislike is totally abnormal displaying of price rate.
When other normal exchanges show price per coin, have an ability to point random (not fixed!) price order, Justcoin want to be smarter than others.
I need to calculate price every time when I want to sell or buy and this is very uncomfortable.
I suggest devs at least make an ability to switch to normal exchange view in the settings panel.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Yesterday I registered on Justcoin.com and deposited few bitcoins. In about a hour, I've tried to logon, but my password didn't matched.
Well, I've passed to  [Reset your password]  https://justcoin.com/client/#auth/resetpassword link, and filled in my email. I received a message with the reset link. Then, there was no a common window "type in new password", instead there was a message saying smth like "close it & return" to the previous window...
I had several tabs opened, so, maybe I closed a right one, and returned to the wrong.
So, my password was not changed & I'got no message to email...

Well, I just retried to use [Reset your password] link but now it answered
"Sorry, but you tried to reset your password not long ago. Try again later or contact [email protected]."

I wrote to [email protected], but still (15 hours passed) got no reply.  Embarrassed

I have the same problem, can someone help me, plz? I wrote to [email protected] twice but i dont have any answer :S
I received the email with the link for pw recovery but when i create my acc i didnt put a phone number, so i havent the 4 digits they ask me :S

Please help me!

EDIT: Problem solved!!!
Pages:
Jump to: