Pages:
Author

Topic: Justcoin · Secure Bitcoin Exchange from Norway (BTC/EUR/USD) - page 5. (Read 27897 times)

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001
justcoin trading data graphs are now availabled at cryptocoincharts!
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/show/justcoin
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
The 2FA-secret is currently not copy/pastable from the website, which makes backing it up a bit of a hassle.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Today we've added support to keep track of your Justcoin accounts

Great! Thanks for including us. Smiley
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Today we've added support to keep track of your Justcoin accounts to CryptFolio (thread).

CryptFolio helps you safely keep track of exchange balances over time, and generates reports (such as your overall USD net worth).

Thanks for providing such a straightforward and secure API!
Activity: 16
Hello justcoin,
I submitted some BTC to get some ripple, ripple woked fine, but the extra BTC leftover (.03 btc) was to be sent back to me, it was removed from my account but never arrived at my wallet. I have checked the address and it is complete, and submitted a request to you ? on the page but no one has helped me. You can't expect to run a site without a few problems, but I would appreciate it if you can look after this matter promptly, it looks pretty bad on you site if you cannot withdraw BTC from your account and expect it to reliably arrive. I am not going to post my account details to the forum but needless to say I will be expecting a reply by PM asap. Rest of the site works fine but as it is right now I don't feel like using justcoin.com until I get my BTC that never arrived.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Seems like the promotion of 0 trading fee has expired. Fee is now 0.5%.

Any plan to bring it back?  Grin Grin Grin
foo
Activity: 409
Phone verification is awesome. Electronic bills are starting to be the norm in Sweden so not needing to scan a proof of residence rocks! Thanks.

Although I wonder how this verification can be enough? There has to be a lot of anonymous phone contracts so knowing the customer posseses a number is not really proof of identity?
Justcoin are sneaky, they spring the address verification on you when you click "Withdrawal > Bank".

BTW, will this affect Justcoin?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ss8ut/bitcoins_fail_currency_test_in_scandinavias/
Activity: 440
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Phone verification is awesome. Electronic bills are starting to be the norm in Sweden so not needing to scan a proof of residence rocks! Thanks.

Although I wonder how this verification can be enough? There has to be a lot of anonymous phone contracts so knowing the customer posseses a number is not really proof of identity?
Activity: 247
I can't see the withdrawal fees (SEPA outside Norway) in your website. Is it possible to request such a withdrawal? And if so, what are its fees?

See https://justcoin.com/en/terms

SEPA withdrawals are 5.00 EUR and non-SEPA (to European account) 10 EUR.
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
I can't see the withdrawal fees (SEPA outside Norway) in your website. Is it possible to request such a withdrawal? And if so, what are its fees?

Congratulations!! The design update is definitely an improvement.

I was hoping for a few revamped features as well:

Manage Accounts page doesn't allow to delete or modify existing accounts.
BTC/NOK Candlestick graph is still not breaking down data per day.
Too many decimals on fiat (e.g 5 decimals on NOK on top of page; 3 decimals in buy/sell charts).
Active orders are now to be found under Order History, which is a bit misleading. Perhaps you should put back the link to Active Orders, and maybe separate Active and Past orders on two different pages.
Did you take away the option to download a CSV file of transactions?

Activity: 35
Yesterday I registered on Justcoin.com and deposited few bitcoins. In about a hour, I've tried to logon, but my password didn't matched.
Well, I've passed to  [Reset your password]  https://justcoin.com/client/#auth/resetpassword link, and filled in my email. I received a message with the reset link. Then, there was no a common window "type in new password", instead there was a message saying smth like "close it & return" to the previous window...
I had several tabs opened, so, maybe I closed a right one, and returned to the wrong.
So, my password was not changed & I'got no message to email...

Well, I just retried to use [Reset your password] link but now it answered
"Sorry, but you tried to reset your password not long ago. Try again later or contact [email protected]."

I wrote to [email protected], but still (15 hours passed) got no reply.  Embarrassed

Its been a busy November with many BTC exchange hacks (bidextreme.pl, bips.me, coinlenders.com, inputs.io, more?).

I hope Justcoin takes note of the events and work on improving the site's security. Here are some suggestions that may improve things further:

Front-end improvements (per user options):
 - Email verification to complete withdrawals
 - Email notifications when withdrawals are initiated
 - SMS verification as an option to email verification
 - Disallow withdrawals to non-registered bitcoin addresses
 - Stricter KYC implementation

Back-end improvements (requested by user, enforced by admin):
 - User adjustable cold wallet; allow individual users to decide what proportion of funds to set aside for Justcoin's cold wallet (updated weekly/daily)
 - Freeze assets, e.g. disallow a proportion of NOK/EUR/USD to be used for trading (updated weekly/daily)
 - Disallow API access for non-registered IP addresses

These are mostly security measures by obstruction. They may serve to force any wrongdoer to jump through a few extra hoops to run away with a large cache and give users additional time to react.
- I miss a widget on the top with the last price, high, low and volume

+1

Would be nice with these statistics on top of the page, rather than browsing to Trade - Currency - Stats and read it out of the graphs.

Another option would be the drop-down header bar with the graph that unregistered users see on the home page, ala Gox style.
Activity: 298
Merit: 275
Bitcoin Association Switzerland
Hi

I've registered on your exchange, but so far there are two points which I'm not happy with:

- Receiving a SMS for verification didn't work (robot call did)
- I miss a widget on the top with the last price, high, low and volume

Would be cool to have these fixed. Especially the first one, since that is quit annoying for new customers.

Edit: You may also add yourselfe here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins
I can't find any information about the legal part. Do you have an ok from the Norwegian state? Or just how likly is it that the your gorvernment gets pissed and freezes my coins?

By precedent, extremely unlikely. In my view, you would not be at more risk holding fiat/crypto with Justcoin than fiat in a Norwegian bank.

Norwegian authorities have been cited in several Norwegian outlets as actively working on taxation issues concerning bitcoin. Here's an official at the Norwegian Tax Administration in early September:

"Bitcoins has many similarities with common currencies, although they do not fall under the definition [as a currency] in the currency law. With regards to tax law, however, bitcoins is an economic asset with economic benefits that can be derived or lost."

Source: http://e24.no/digital/norske-myndigheter-vil-skattlegge-bitcoins/21526987

Thus, by definition, income derived by trading bitcoin is taxeable in Norway. I do not think that you, as a non-Norwegian citizen trading on a Norwegian exchange (i.e. Justcoin), necessarily would need to pay income/capital taxes to Norway. That would depend on other things such as your residence status, tax treaty between Norway and your own country etc. You probably should be more concerned whether bitcoin related income is taxeable in your own country of residence.

If it so happened that you should have paid taxes to Norway, but chose not to, or (say) you used your Justcoin account for illicit purposes (money laundering, buying/selling drugs/weapons aka Silk Road, gambling etc) it is of course theoretically possible that a court could order your account closed and/or confiscated. But that would presumably be the case anywhere in the world.

Finally, the Justcoin founders have discussed their correspondence with the Norwegian Tax Administration openly here on Bitcointalk and they implement KYC (Know Your Customer) verification on their user's accounts. It is also my impression (think they mentioned that in a post in here once) that they receive professional legal advice. Thus, they appear to be on top of their legal requirements.

Happy trading!

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Justcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
Your exchange looks promising. I might sell a few coins there.

I can't find any information about the legal part. Do you have an ok from the Norwegian state? Or just how likly is it that the your gorvernment gets pissed and freezes my coins?

+1
Activity: 298
Merit: 275
Bitcoin Association Switzerland
Your exchange looks promising. I might sell a few coins there.

legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000
Hi, the service looks good so far. One thing I'd like to see is the ability to leave orders pending, to be activated when the funds needed for them arrive. Pretty much like Gox does, or at least used to do it. For one, this would solve the issue of having to manually calculate how many BTC you can get at a given rate before placing the order. You could just enter a bid for, say, 10 BTC @ 100 EUR and only the portion of the bid you have funds to cover would go into the orderbook. If you had 900 EUR in  your account, this would create a "live" bid for 9 BTC and leave a bid for 1 BTC pending, for when you either deposit more EUR or sell BTC.

There are other ways to remove the need to calculate BTC amounts, like a "use all funds available" button when placing a bid, but this would also allow users to be a bit less hands-on with placing and removing bids as the market moves. It's pretty crude, and using a bot would be much more powerful, but for someone just trying to catch peaks and drops it would make things a lot easier, not having to manually add a bid every time a sell nets more EUR into one's account.

It can, of course, be a bit dangerous to have pending bids and asks, if you forget they're there... Also I seem to recall Gox removed or at least considered removing this type of feature as it was supposedly contributing to their lag issues. Still, maybe worth thinking about?
Pages:
Jump to: