Pages:
Author

Topic: Justcoin · Secure Bitcoin Exchange from Norway (BTC/EUR/USD) - page 6. (Read 27897 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
can you provide the ripple gateway address for setting up a trust?
Hi canth, our Ripple address is rJHygWcTLVpSXkowott6kzgZU6viQSVYM1. I'm sorry this is not easy to find on our site, it is about the get fixed. Smiley

Thanks and I've got no problem with helping to improve the site! Smiley Just placed a trade for a few LTC/BTC.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hi canth, our Ripple address is rJHygWcTLVpSXkowott6kzgZU6viQSVYM1. I'm sorry this is not easy to find on our site, it is about the get fixed. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1442
Hello, is there any way to change my password, I just cannot seem to find it? Thx
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Yes, when you trade BTC/XRP on Justcoin, you're using our order book which is made up of offers created by our customers. When you use the Ripple exchange, you're dealing only with the Ripple network.

I think my question was ill-phrased. For any currency conversion you need an issuer (and only one at a time). If I set Justcoin as issuer, then the same orderbook appears on ripple.com/client as on Justcoin:

so, trading with this orderbook either on ripple.com/client or justcoin.com is the same thing, correct?

Also, is NOK.XRP coming to Justcoin?

Not at this time. If we create every pairing of currencies, it would fill up your screen. That's why we always use BTC as the base pair (BTC/NOK, BTC/EUR, BTC/LTC, BTC/XRP)

I agree pairing every currency makes no sense. Justcoin is, however, the only exchange to offer entry to BTC from NOK, so NOK.XRP just makes sense as anyone entering from NOK otherwise have to convert to BTC and then to XRP.

In any case, suppose you were to support NOK.XRP, then could you answer this theoretical query:

Would supporting NOK.XRP mean you'd have to issue NOK IOUs which I could then theoretically trade for another currency (fiat or crypto) with a second exchange? (not that anyone else does so now, but that might change in the future)

To do so, I would have to extend a trust level with Justcoin up to the amount of NOK I wanted to trade. Also, I would have to extend trust for the EUR I'm buying from the other exchange. Suppose I then redeem my EUR for cash. Did the other exchange now just inherit my (theoretical) Justcoin NOK IOUs?

and this is where the migraine starts...
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Running our own node and having a complete, local copy of the ledger means lower ping-times and greater stability, which we're sure the many Ripple enthusiasts of Justcoin will enjoy.

Ripple confuses me to the point of migraine setting in...

What is it more than an exchange of exchanges?

Is there any difference trading BTC.XRP on ripple.com vs. justcoin.com? (assuming I set justcoin as my exchange on ripple) Are the orderbooks exactly the same?

Also, is NOK.XRP coming to Justcoin?
Hi all,

One of the most exciting payment networks is Ripple, which is being developed by OpenCoin Inc. Most active members of the Bitcointalk forum have been hearing about Ripple for the last six months from both XRP give-aways and heated discussions.

Last week we were given access to the source code, which allows us to operate a node in the Ripple network and stay up to date with the product development.

Running our own node and having a complete, local copy of the ledger means lower ping-times and greater stability, which we're sure the many Ripple enthusiasts of Justcoin will enjoy.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
We are looking for market makers in our BTC-EUR market. In addition to arbitrage opportunities we would like to offer reduced trading fee for those willing to trade a significant volume in this market. This will only be offered in a start-up period for this market to raise the liquidity.

Please send me a mail at [email protected] if you are interested in this.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
Hello, thank you for the explanation. Just for the record, I decided not to complete my registration because of the phone verification. If the goal is security, you could implement an email confirmation for certain acts, like BTC-E. But it's your decision. Good luck.
Hi Trading,
I couldn't see your orderbooks without registering. That can be a mistake. Without seeing what kind of prices, spreads and volume you have, many users won't register.
Agreed! This is in the making and will be implemented soon. Both our landing page and graphs are quite new.

Demanding personal details and phone verification for every kind of members, even the ones that only do deposits and withdraws in bitcoins might be another mistake. Too much mistakes can kill an exchange.
It should be possible to deposit, withdraw and trade digital currency without registering personal information. Phone number is the exception due to security. We use it to perform secure password resets.

Thank you for your feedback, this is much appreciated. If you have any other questions or issues with Justcoin please feel free to contact us at [email protected] Smiley.

Klaus
CEO
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
I couldn't see your orderbooks without registering. That can be a mistake. Without seeing what kind of prices, spreads and volume you have, many users won't register.
Demanding personal details and phone verification for every kind of members, even the ones that only do deposits and withdraws in bitcoins might be another mistake. Too much mistakes can kill an exchange.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).
The more obnoxious your signature is the less inclined I will be to use your service.
We are working on this right now. It will probably be ready this week.

How about 2 factor authentication please.
Terms was outdated. We do perform withdrawals to most European countries through SEPA already. See our updated terms. Smiley

Just saw your withdrawals terms.
Is there any dateline when you can perform international withdrawals?
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
How about 2 factor authentication please.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
Just saw your withdrawals terms.
Is there any dateline when you can perform international withdrawals?

https://justcoin.com/client/#about/terms
Withdrawals
- Due to bank fees the minimum withdrawal amount is 250 NOK.
- At this time we will only send money by ordinary domestic bank transfers to Norwegian bank accounts owned by the respective member. A bank transfer is sent within two bank days.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
We have added support for EUR deposits using SEPA/SWIFT and opened up a BTC/EUR order book. (Buy/sell BTC for EUR)

Great, will try out next week and send in some funds once my account is verified.
Activity: 511
Merit: 500
Hempire Loading...
I have just one question...what is a NOK?

The site looks great...anything that makes XRP and BTC easier is a great thing for all crypto-currencies, and yours has a polished feel not far off from my first experience with Coinbase.  Great Job! 

I would personally love to see DGC up there, as I think DigitalCoin has a high probability of adoption by more than just computer users.  Marriage with your open-source exchange could solidify that gain.
Activity: 905
cool. didnt thought that they are so fast Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: