Pages:
Author

Topic: Kano vs Bitsyncom - page 11. (Read 15322 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2013, 05:56:25 AM
and this is why we can't have nice things.

+1 Yuup.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
February 09, 2013, 04:46:41 AM
and this is why we can't have nice things.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 09, 2013, 03:38:41 AM
Could it be this simple?

Kano respects cgminer, and is proud of his role in forwarding the development of cgminer.
A modified cgminer is used in Jeff Garzik's Avalon with a closed-source device.
Jeff Garzik's Avalon crashes once per day and needs to be restarted.  Memory leak? who knows.

Could it be that Kano simply has respect for how he feels cgminer should be, and Avalon should have tested before shipping?

Just a thought, but does that sound about right?
Yet, it doesn't actually flow with what Kano himself says.

He literally repeats what he has said already in the past.

Kano is a great programmer, I have little doubt on that. But he wants someone to butter his bread. When that someone says no, he goes into the samurai toting ninja you see above.

The last thing he is currently hiding behind is the release of the source code. Beyond that his attitude will stay much the same.

What do you think he would say of BFL if they sent him home without hardware? Or worse, asked him to actually pay for it?

Edit: The only thing I see is that Kano wants something and he approached it in all the wrong ways. Things didn't go well. bASIC folded. Avalon said No, BFL said yes.

He can hide behind "the source code has not been released" issue for a while longer. When it is released, his opinion won't change will it? I wonder why?
No, if you had even half a brain, you would have bothered to read the comments I made back then.
Anyone can see that I'm actually also saying that they don't really even need me to do it.
I have a habit of writing posts/PMs like that with too much info in them that can say, yes you don't need my help.

So just in case you have some deficiency that makes clicking on links and reading difficult, I'll quote it here:
But if you are going to come into my thread a year ago stating on how every other ASIC manufacture has been given developers free units so they may support their hardware and if I and Avalon choose not to do this you will not provide support then I'll reject you on sheer principle fucking level.

Good day.
My point was that I can't properly support it ... I thought it was pretty clear ... when I said
"Thirdly, hardware is required for proper support."

I guess the problem may be that I can magically provide support without hardware?
I don't know.
My statement was pretty clear saying that I can't provide support without hardware.
It wasn't a "you must send me hardware" it was "if I don't have hardware I can't support it"
That's like obvious ... as I said: "I am stating the obvious"

So pointing out the truth is now a reason for an Avalon tech guy to turn it into
What do I look like, a search engine?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/kano-36044

There, anyone can go read it themselves. For best context, they should look through the threads and read each post with responses and replies.
Yeah I'm not sure why you need to be a google expert to actually check your posts are true ... in your case yeah just misrepresent the facts and blame not being smart enough to use google ...
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
February 09, 2013, 03:33:41 AM
- batch #1 will finish shipping by end of Feb, 2013 as originally stated when this project first started back in September.

Should Batch #2 customer just assume that everything in on schedule?   Atleast I never got an emailed confirmation or order number from Avalon.  Is that in the works?   Little updates go a long way and should not be seen as a hassle.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 09, 2013, 03:23:30 AM
it is however still the reason why we can't just push the repo to a public git somewhere

Yes you can. Add a warning saying "run XYZ and your unit will be fucked", then push it. Done.
bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
February 09, 2013, 03:13:23 AM
Could it be this simple?

Kano respects cgminer, and is proud of his role in forwarding the development of cgminer.
Jeff Garzik's Avalon crashes once per day and needs to be restarted.  Memory leak? who knows.

Could it be that Kano simply has respect for how he feels cgminer should be, and Avalon should have tested before shipping?

Kano is a great programmer, I have little doubt on that. But he wants someone to butter his bread. When that someone says no, he goes into the samurai toting ninja you see above.

The last thing he is currently hiding behind is the release of the source code. Beyond that his attitude will stay much the same.

What do you think he would say of BFL if they sent him home without hardware? Or worse, asked him to actually pay for it?

Edit: The only thing I see is that Kano wants something and he approached it in all the wrong ways. Things didn't go well. bASIC folded. Avalon said No, BFL said yes.

He can hide behind "the source code has not been released" issue for a while longer. When it is released, his opinion won't change will it? I wonder why?

Well, again -

Avalon runs well, then restarts every 24 hours.   That would frustrate the hell out of me, as it'd be so easy for me to help out if I were Kano.  I am not Kano, but I could imagine.

We elected Kano as one of the representatives to be invited by BFL to visit its facility, due to his ability to discern a scam and to possibly test the SC line of hardware himself.  At this point, BFL is obviously not a scam.

By the way, I notice that Kano's avatar has changed.  Is that why you called him "the samurai toting ninja?" Tongue   I also notice that your avatar has changed to one that does not include the words "Avalon Asic" or a picture of an Avalon Asic.   Any reason for that?    
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
February 09, 2013, 02:56:48 AM
Could it be this simple?

legendary
February 09, 2013, 02:52:51 AM
Moral of the story, if you want to engage in programming AND be COMPENSATED. Sign a contract. Don't posture and pester someone. Then get angry and enrage in revisionist forum history to make yourself look better.

You don't understand what the open source community contributions are about. You want compensation. Whether subtle or blatant. Find donors, collect some bitcoins. Be nice to Yifu and get it paid off.

Or sign a contract where he and you agree on an expected level of service.

Before you say that not how it is, keep in mind the machine you wanted sent to you (for free) and for development purposes is also compensating you every day with Bitcoins on an ongoing basis.

Pay the man, or sign a contract for a specific guarantee, or at least be nice enough to let him bribe you. If it were possible at this stage.
Moral of the story, don't quote any posts anywhere on the forum and you can then pretend anything you say is true and make up anything you like.

Go read that link and what I said there and after it, instead of making up shit and proving your an idiot.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1317892
What do I look like, a search engine?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/kano-36044

There, anyone can go read it themselves. For best context, they should look through the threads and read each post with responses and replies.
bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
February 09, 2013, 02:50:46 AM
Could it be this simple?

Kano,
I hope your trip to the US to visit BFL as the SC line begins assembly and shipping later this month is a good one!
Thanks for the the improvements that you have made to cgminer Smiley
legendary
February 09, 2013, 02:48:48 AM
Moral of the story, if you want to engage in programming AND be COMPENSATED. Sign a contract. Don't posture and pester someone. Then get angry and enrage in revisionist forum history to make yourself look better.

You don't understand what the open source community contributions are about. You want compensation. Whether subtle or blatant. Find donors, collect some bitcoins. Be nice to Yifu and get it paid off.

Before you say that not how it is, keep in mind the machine you wanted sent to you (for free) and for development purposes is also compensating you every day with Bitcoins on an ongoing basis.

Pay the man, or sign a contract for a specific guarantee, or at least be nice enough to let him bribe you. If it were possible at this stage.
Moral of the story, don't quote any posts anywhere on the forum and you can then pretend anything you say is true and make up anything you like.

Go read that link and what I said there and after it, instead of making up shit and proving your an idiot.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1317892
legendary
February 09, 2013, 02:40:41 AM
A story of a whimsical relationship between one ASIC manufacturer and an unrequited (left wanting) software developer.

:

Kano: You know, I would love to code for Avalon.
Yifu: I bet you would.
Kano: You know, if I find an Avalon unit under my towel in the dressing room I just might keep and maintain code for it.
Yifu: I think we've got it covered.
Kano: You can scrub my back, I'll scrub yours?

: I can't believe you won't send me an Avalon! How dare you?! ^&*^&*(

Yifu: Sorry, but we already have someone we paid for the software side of things. I simply do not need your "help" at this time.

Kano: Damn you! Do you expect me to work for freee?! I scratch you back, you scratch mine! Don't you understand you New Yorker!?

Yifu: WTF? Man, I don't need your help.

Kano: WTH? Didn't you just see me try to pressure you into leaving an Avalon under the towel?

Yifu: Look, if we need contracted labor we can pay for it. Right now, Xianfu (sorry I forgot his name) already has us covered for development.

Kano: You don't understand, I will keep developing software for you as long as you give me hardware! WTF don't you understand? Where is your source code?

Yifu: Look we will release it soon. Thats all.

Kano: NO you WON'T. I know you WON"T. READ the GPLv3 mutha...^&*^&*! You don't have a choice, give it to me NOW.

Kano: I know what going on here; You paid this xianfu in Avalons didn't you?!

Yifu: Look sir, don't speculate you don't know our contractual arrangements.

Yifu: Further, we will release it soon enough.

Kano: That is why you (Avalon) are such washed up has beens! You don't understand that if you just put the damn Avalon's under my Towel like I asked you to, you would be covered. Maybe...if I feel like it.

Kano: You guys suck!

Yifu: Look, we can give out units to those we think would appreciate it. So ^&*^ off.

-------------------

Kano: I never asked outright for an Avalon. And you know what? I don't want one! I never asked for one. I WOULD HAVE...POSSIBLY, if I felt like it....provided labor for the price of an Avalon.

Kano: No obligations though!

------------------

legendary
February 09, 2013, 02:35:42 AM
sigh, you know what, I've lost faith in you kano. I'll leave you with some parting notes for historical purposes.

- xiangfu can get access to units anytime he wishes, physically; there is a unit for him once various mess due to CNY blows over; the real cause is lack of time, all your other "guesses" are incorrect. fact: none of the people on the Avalon team have their own units yet.
- I should have known better when you nitpicked me on the "patch" vs "pull request" issue before. The removal of debugging information is still my answer, but this is not cgminer related, it is however still the reason why we can't just push the repo to a public git somewhere. If you choose to interpret this as violation of license that's up to you.

I think next time in the future like with batch two, I will only announce things at their worst possible outcome, so people won't complain as much and there's nothing to troll. e.g.

- batch #1 will finish shipping by end of Feb, 2013 as originally stated when this project first started back in September.
- source code will release 30 days to comply to an infringement notice from a copyright holder.
- not announce anything regarding open sourcing and show up one day with a github url.
- and the list goes on.
Yeah I get it.
Being open (and open source) and the best of the ASIC producers was too much for you.
As soon as something changed that made that difficult, your ideals were ... something else all together.
You've sunk to the level of hiding information and not supporting your customers and not giving them updates.

As for debugging, ah OK, 182 Avalons contain this debugging that's somehow problematic.
Oops ...

Anyone considering buying an Avalon should take this into consideration:
I think next time in the future like with batch two, I will only announce things at their worst possible outcome ...
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
February 09, 2013, 02:33:50 AM
fact: none of the people on the Avalon team have their own units yet.

Shocked Shocked
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
February 09, 2013, 02:19:18 AM
sigh, you know what, I've lost faith in you kano. I'll leave you with some parting notes for historical purposes.

- xiangfu can get access to units anytime he wishes, physically; there is a unit for him once various mess due to CNY blows over; the real cause is lack of time, all your other "guesses" are incorrect. fact: none of the people on the Avalon team have their own units yet.
- I should have known better when you nitpicked me on the "patch" vs "pull request" issue before. The removal of debugging information is still my answer, but this is not cgminer related, it is however still the reason why we can't just push the repo to a public git somewhere. If you choose to interpret this as violation of license that's up to you.

I think next time in the future like with batch two, I will only announce things at their worst possible outcome, so people won't complain as much and there's nothing to troll. e.g.

- source code will release 30 days to comply to an infringement notice from a copyright holder.
- not announce anything regarding open sourcing and show up one day with a github url.
- and the list goes on.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 09, 2013, 02:07:33 AM
orders are not opened while we solve the ordering issues existing previously so no orders are opened at the moment.

After trying to ream Kano a new asshole, the able is all that was offered up to Avalon's clients. Totally amazing!
legendary
February 09, 2013, 12:33:02 AM
Amazing, and I thought my English needs improvement. Don't even get me started on how you imply every other sentence.

So you consider sending someone hardware and they having to do software code and general support for who knows how long? A year? as free

I've no fucking idea what part of New York you live in and what people there think, but I do wonder what things you require that you consider people should do for you that you consider worth nothing.

Here you imply:
- 1. Assuming I, who did not sent you a unit thinks open source support is free,
Seems pretty obvious from this statement:
You are pissed off because we haven't got around to release source code yet or the fact we did not giving you a free unit?
What's next - you'll say you never said that?

I also will note that you got Xiangfu to do the driver software development but did NOT give him an Avalon.
I wonder if he got ripped off with what you paid him for that ...
An Avalon is only $1300 retail ...

Here's what you imply:
1. Assuming I did not give Xiangfu a unit, every Avalon developer is entitled to a special unit with gold-plated PCB and signed unit, but we've been so busy we didn't even celebrate our chip success yet, which is now more than a month ago.
No actually it's quite simple, had you given him a unit, the current well known problems and bugs with the Avalon could have be resolved already.

But no doubt supporting your customers is something you don't give a shit about ... as per the posts above mine ...

Though I will point out for others, that you did NOT get the cgminer source for free.
It came with the GPL license requirements.

When did I mention I got this for free? more imply please.
When did I violate GPL license requirement? Oh wait, as you said, I did not.
Try again ... read it ... don't skip words ... not even the big ones ... "others"

But if you are going to come into my thread a year ago stating on how every other ASIC manufacture has been given developers free units so they may support their hardware and if I and Avalon choose not to do this you will not provide support then I'll reject you on sheer principle fucking level.

Good day.
Good for you - that's your principle.
Though I'd like to see the quote you are implying ... ... ... ...

Here you go: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1317892

Let's say I was wrong and you didn't say
"If you want support then you must provide me hardware."
because you assumed I was going to ask you to provide support.
At least learn how to quote retard.
Go read that link again ... it says:
Thirdly, hardware is required for proper support.
Yes I know you don't want your Avalon users to get proper support.
That's been clear already.
But when you quote someone ... don't edit it first ... sheesh what lies are you going to spread next?

Well there was the statement about building 12 Avalons a day since 20-Jan.
I wonder if that is true?
You should have built 180 by now if you only worked on week days.
That's more than half the first batch already.
Hopefully your customers will get them soon ..............

THEN what's the problem you have with Avalon that "piss you off" aside from the fact we are slow to provide source code, but is still within the definition of GPLv3?

The problem I have with Avalon that "piss me off" is that your've used the source code to make your product work and still not yet released the source code and on top of that used an excuse that directly implies a violation of the source code license.
A group of people who claim how "Open Source" they are and yet you made such a stupid comment about editing the code before releasing it.
I don't give a shit about what other code you have that you guys wrote - I'm of course only referring to cgminer.
Your supposed to be smart, yet I have to explain that to you? Wow - I've well over estimated you.

So: You already have the code - or Jeff and the Foundation are lying?
I think it's pretty obvious which is correct: you have the code and have had it for weeks.
Your hiding it ... for who knows what reason ...

... and lastly ...
Are you smart enough to spot something else you are doing?
You're (with my help) dragging the Avalon name through the dirt in the BFL thread.
Yeah smart move that one Tongue
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
February 08, 2013, 11:29:38 PM
BitSyncom,
Maybe you should stop chatting with one, who not even your customer and spend little more time for your real customers? We haven't heard anything about batch #1 shipping since Jan 29(?), and anything about batch #2 from Feb 2. Please take some time, and update status for your customers pleasure.
Thank you.

PS: Even more pleasure for you customers would be an answers at your support helpdesk.
Avalon ASIC Team
February 08, 2013, 10:53:42 PM
Amazing, and I thought my English needs improvement. Don't even get me started on how you imply every other sentence.

So you consider sending someone hardware and they having to do software code and general support for who knows how long? A year? as free

I've no fucking idea what part of New York you live in and what people there think, but I do wonder what things you require that you consider people should do for you that you consider worth nothing.

Here you imply:
- 1. Assuming I, who did not sent you a unit thinks open source support is free,
- 2. Assumed more by providing support you justify for hardware, thus should receive one.
- 3. drag New York into this for no fucking reason, is the bold parts even English? That I'm not sure, but yet again, another assumption.

I also will note that you got Xiangfu to do the driver software development but did NOT give him an Avalon.

Here's what you imply:
1. Assuming I did not give Xiangfu a unit, every Avalon developer is entitled to a special unit with gold-plated PCB and signed unit, but we've been so busy we didn't even celebrate our chip success yet, which is now more than a month ago.
Though I will point out for others, that you did NOT get the cgminer source for free.

When did I mention I got this for free? more imply please.
When did I violate GPL license requirement? Oh wait, as you said, I did not.

Good day.

Here you go: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1317892

Let's say I was wrong and you didn't say
"If you want support then you must provide me hardware."
because you assumed I was going to ask you to provide support.

THEN what's the problem you have with Avalon that "piss you off" aside from the fact we are slow to provide source code, but is still within the definition of GPLv3?
legendary
February 08, 2013, 09:50:37 PM
also, open source =/= support.

Exactly ... but your words also exactly were:

You are pissed off because we haven't got around to release source code yet or the fact we did not giving you a free unit?

I've no fucking idea what part of NewYork you live in and what people there think, but I do wonder what things you require that you consider people should do for you that you consider worth nothing.

Huh So you are making up things now?
No you are lying.
Code:
Jan 31 UTC+11
22:31 < xiangfu> conman: thanks to the cgminer. and I even don't have one. :)

I've no fucking idea what part of NewYork you live in and what people there think, but I do wonder what things you require that you consider people should do for you that you consider worth nothing.

and I have no idea where you got the impression we are asking you to do software code and general support for Avalon. As with all open source things, those who wish to support it can do so. This is not something we are entitled to have, nor something you are required to do.

It's your choice to support and it is Avalon's choice to decide who gets free units and other perks.

If you had purchased this unit much like many other developers of bitcoin, and/or bitcoin related projects I may have given discounts, priority shipping and other various bonus which you will no doubt have qualified for.
... and I have no idea where I have EVER said ANYWHERE on this forum what you are implying.
You are making up shit to try and cover yourself. Fuck off.

I have never expected to receive ANY hardware from anyone for free.
I've only expected that if someone did send me hardware that they would be wanting me to support it.
AS I ALREADY DID WITH THE ICARUS

Your trying to turn this into crap that it isn't - what are you hiding?

Yes I do understand your choice to ignore the software developers of the code you've used.
I knew that last year ... I was told it on 31-Dec

Good day.
Avalon ASIC Team
February 08, 2013, 09:10:46 PM
also, open source =/= support.

Exactly ... but your words also exactly were:

Huh So you are making up things now?

and I have no idea where you got the impression we are asking you to do software code and general support for Avalon. As with all open source things, those who wish to support it can do so. This is not something we are entitled to have, nor something you are required to do.

It's your choice to support and it is Avalon's choice to decide who gets free units and other perks.

If you had purchased this unit much like many other developers of bitcoin, and/or bitcoin related projects I may have given discounts, priority shipping and other various bonus which you will no doubt have qualified for.

Good day.
Pages:
Jump to: