Pages:
Author

Topic: Kano vs Bitsyncom - page 8. (Read 15322 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 11, 2013, 07:59:06 AM
even before kano began his transparent quest for free hardware

Jesus fuck. I actually thought at the time that shipping one of their two units to you was a good thing. I hate being proven wrong.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 11, 2013, 07:53:45 AM
Nice e-drama and stuff.

Here's the more important question though.

Is that kano himself posing with that katana in his avatar or is that another random weeaboo?
Yes, but it's not a katana Smiley
It's an antique sword used in the Boer Wars
But the only thing antique about it is it's age - it is indeed still a potent weapon.

Edit: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1511807
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
February 11, 2013, 07:38:15 AM
The spectacle of watching laymen giving themselves a promotion to copyright attorney is truly worth watching.

+1
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
February 11, 2013, 07:11:56 AM
Nice e-drama and stuff.

Here's the more important question though.

Is that kano himself posing with that katana in his avatar or is that another random weeaboo?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
February 11, 2013, 06:48:58 AM
Meh I'm not getting involved. Even as a flamewar this got derailed to the point where I'm not even sure who's debating what  Roll Eyes
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
February 11, 2013, 06:30:58 AM
Where oh where did cgminer come from, originally?  hmmm.
... and the only numerical proof you have of the fact that you are mining is the code I wrote.

If you want to inflate your ego with your aggrandizement about the origins of cgminer [...]

...says the guy who is constantly arguing with Luke-jr about the origins of the FPGA mining code in bfgminer/cgminer, who forked who, who rewrote what, blah blah blah  Wink

A case of the pot calling the kettle black.
legendary
February 11, 2013, 05:49:32 AM
Maybe jgarzik is kinda out of touch with the mining side of things, and with the role which kano has played in maintaining and improving cgminer for us all?  Kano is not after free hardware,

Where oh where did cgminer come from, originally?  hmmm.

... and the only numerical proof you have of the fact that you are mining is the code I wrote.

If you want to inflate your ego with your aggrandizement about the origins of cgminer you are arguing with ckolivas, not me.
His git is what I support, his code is the majority of what is in the main core of cgminer now.
A lot of the antique cpuminer guff has been rewritten ... coz it needed it.

I guess we could even compare that to the origins of the FPGA code.
As is well know Luke-Jr wrote the first FPGA driver in cgminer.
Most of that too has been rewritten ... coz it needed it.

Most things I've worked on with cgminer have been to add things that weren't even in (were missing from) the antique cpuminer.
bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
February 11, 2013, 05:04:48 AM

Where oh where did cgminer come from, originally?  hmmm.

Mr. Garzik, Thanks for the link - this explains much of the drama.  It seems to me that you two are both the proud parents and or grandparents of a baby called cgminer, and as any parent / grandparent would, you want to protect your baby.  With every fork, the baby grows into something new Smiley!  You should both be supportive of fostering its development and be willing to let it to grow with new devices as best as it can.  Avalon crashes, and I believe the fork of cgminer it is using is from kano's foster home, right?  Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you two both seem to want the same thing- you want cgminer and avalon to work correctly.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
February 11, 2013, 04:39:36 AM
Maybe jgarzik is kinda out of touch with the mining side of things, and with the role which kano has played in maintaining and improving cgminer for us all?  Kano is not after free hardware,

Where oh where did cgminer come from, originally?  hmmm.

bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
February 11, 2013, 04:24:27 AM
Maybe jgarzik is kinda out of touch with the mining side of things, and with the role which kano has played in maintaining and improving cgminer for us all?  Kano is not after free hardware, but rather to make the hardware free to do a better job.  Kano needs the hardware in order to do this, or at least share the freakin' code so that when jgarzik reports _____, kano can do some guess work and try for a solution.  

Fill in the blank:
Avalon chose cgminer because ___________.

Remember, only 2 avalon units exist, to date.
Activity: 798
February 11, 2013, 03:45:31 AM
I dont' know if this question was already answered. Jeff, did you ask Avalon to provide you the source code?

Not yet, no.

Yifu stated the source would be released, even before kano began his transparent quest for free hardware.  No reason to disbelieve that, at this time.

Fuck off and learn to read.

Mean while - yes that quite clearly shows where he stands with Open Source code.
The code was available the day the device shipped but you don't give a damn about getting them to release that software.
Not in your area of interest.
What goes around comes around.
I guess as I mentioned before it was a waste of my time even attempting to help 'you'.
Poor poor kano, evil Avalon don't want to give free ASIC Sad
legendary
February 11, 2013, 03:28:22 AM
I dont' know if this question was already answered. Jeff, did you ask Avalon to provide you the source code?

Not yet, no.

Yifu stated the source would be released, even before kano began his transparent quest for free hardware.  No reason to disbelieve that, at this time.

Fuck off and learn to read.

Mean while - yes that quite clearly shows where he stands with Open Source code.
The code was available the day the device shipped but you don't give a damn about getting them to release that software.
Not in your area of interest.
What goes around comes around.
I guess as I mentioned before it was a waste of my time even attempting to help 'you'.
legendary
February 11, 2013, 02:52:58 AM

Not yet, no.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1261
February 11, 2013, 02:44:11 AM
legendary
February 11, 2013, 02:32:16 AM
The spectacle of watching laymen giving themselves a promotion to copyright attorney is truly worth watching.
legendary
Activity: 889
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
February 10, 2013, 12:17:40 PM
Its funny.. many people asking for source wont even be able to know how to read it.. they are just jumping on the bandwagon. Kano will have no trouble looking through the code I am sure. In 30 days in which he said he would supply it we will see.. until then its a mute point
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
February 10, 2013, 12:05:11 PM
Keep in mind Jeff actually has to ask for them to be in violation of it.

Actually, no. Unless they included the source code (they didn't), or included a written offer on how to obtain the source code (I've seen no reports of such), then they are already in violation.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
February 10, 2013, 11:43:10 AM
By proper support you mean support from you? Pfft. No wonder.
No, by proper support I mean anyone who does the code would need the hardware to make it optimal and to not stifle code development by others
(and a github account would be necessary also)
As I said above, that will hopefully be Xiangfu.
It could actually be best to be ckolivas ... but anyway ...

Yes your question has an answer of "No" even though you follow it with a long post of mostly rubbish making an incorrect assumption it is "Yes"

Well, then. I man up and apologizes for doubting your intention. I suppose I read too much into it, and now can move on to better things.

Was wondering who won lol.
Activity: 45
Merit: 10
February 10, 2013, 11:24:56 AM
By proper support you mean support from you? Pfft. No wonder.
No, by proper support I mean anyone who does the code would need the hardware to make it optimal and to not stifle code development by others
(and a github account would be necessary also)
As I said above, that will hopefully be Xiangfu.
It could actually be best to be ckolivas ... but anyway ...

Yes your question has an answer of "No" even though you follow it with a long post of mostly rubbish making an incorrect assumption it is "Yes"

Well, then. I man up and apologizes for doubting your intention. I suppose I read too much into it, and now can move on to better things.

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
February 10, 2013, 07:10:08 AM
From what I understand you actually have to have a binary...  do you know anybody who has the binary?  Perhaps the demand should come from that person instead.

I don't see why they have to redistribute anything, if the hardware hasn't been delivered.  It might even be shipped with the unit... who knows!

Let me quote their own announcement:

We shipped, website will be updated shortly.

First unit goes to Jeff Garzik in honor for the work he has done for the bitcoin codebase being the only developer who ordered from us.

Yes, they shipped binaries 20 days ago, and have yet to release the source code for it. That is in clear violation of the license.

- source code will release 30 days to comply to an infringement notice from a copyright holder.

Furthermore, they are well aware that they are in violation of the license, yet they are chosing not to comply.
Keep in mind Jeff actually has to ask for them to be in violation of it.

In either case, it will be resolved over the weekend per Yifu's statements.
Pages:
Jump to: