Pages:
Author

Topic: Kano vs Bitsyncom - page 12. (Read 15322 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 08, 2013, 08:38:12 PM
also, open source =/= support.

Exactly ... but your words also exactly were:

You are pissed off because we haven't got around to release source code yet or the fact we did not giving you a free unit?
So you consider sending someone hardware and they having to do software code and general support for who knows how long? A year? as free

I've no fucking idea what part of NewYork you live in and what people there think, but I do wonder what things you require that you consider people should do for you that you consider worth nothing.

I also will note that you got Xiangfu to do the driver software development but did NOT give him an Avalon.
I wonder if he got ripped off with what you paid him for that ...
An Avalon is only $1300 retail ...

Though I will point out for others, that you did NOT get the cgminer source for free.
It came with the GPL license requirements.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 08, 2013, 07:43:50 PM
the source code release is set for this weekend on our project timeline at the moment.

All of it, or just the first two lines?
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
February 08, 2013, 07:42:27 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 08, 2013, 07:28:05 PM
You are pissed off because we haven't got around to release source code yet

Your arrogance is fucking astounding. You're practically taking a steaming shit on the GPL by holding back the source.

How about you spend less time trolling and more time releasing the fucking source code?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 08, 2013, 06:53:54 PM
Feb-2

Hey Josh,

you got any update on where your guys are at?

I'm certainly not someone to promote your guys unsubstantiated claims coz
of your crap history (even with the ASIC), and you know full well I've never been
a fan of BFL, but the Avalon people are really pissing me off, Tom's gone down
the drain, and I would certainly be happy to be able to run a BFL ASIC on an rpi
and show it leaving Avalon's shit in the dust.

So ... when is anything happening at BFL?

P.S. if anything I've said on the forum lately has pissed your guys off - oh well,
damn shame Smiley

You are pissed off because we haven't got around to release source code yet or the fact we did not giving you a free unit?

You've proved why chinese are scums in this industry. You violated GPL license yet still have no shame as if you've accomplished something.
Go back to "shipping" your precious device.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 08, 2013, 06:49:53 PM
Feb-2

Hey Josh,

of your crap history (even with the ASIC), and you know full well I've never been
the drain, and I would certainly be happy to be able to run a BFL ASIC on an rpi

P.S. if anything I've said on the forum lately has pissed your guys off - oh well,
damn shame Smiley

Yeah why am I not surprised you would make that statement.
Based on what grounds have you made that bullshit statement?
Here, is this easy enough to understand ... I DONT WANT ONE.

I do not wish to support Avalon and their underhanded "OpenSource" tactics.
I already had this discussion in the Avalon forum last year with BitSyncom where I clearly stated that if you guys develop the code and we don't have the hardware - then you will be the ones to support the code.
Any idiot who can't follow the meaning of that (PuertoLibre) can go jump for all I care.

I'm pissed at the fact that Avalon pretend to be all Open Source and represent yourself that way to the community (and on your web site) but the reality is you haven't even released the code yet - that you said you would do.
One of your early responses to that was also something that could easily turn into a violation of the code license - as I pointed out before and it also explains clearly at those links I posted recently.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1506413

The early response was:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1470005
Good call, to your answer your question: the source code will be uploaded to github soon as we remove a bunch of debug related stuff.
So it's simple to take this comment as bullshit or ignorance about the GPL3 license - you choose which one it is.
Though ignorance wont get you far since I posted links that clearly explains the GPL issues for those who don't know anything about that ...
So ... does that put the Avalon OpenSource friendly people under the heading of "Ignorant about the GPL License"? Seriously?

Yes you have so far avoided breaking the license by not even releasing the code coz apparently no one has rightfully requested it ... or there are only 2 Avalons out and for some unknown reason those who got them are not interested in asking for it, or have got it and are not interested in releasing the source code themselves.

BFL have never stated that they are all OpenSource - they have proprietary items in their system that they themselves state are proprietary.
However, you can already get access to the cgminer source code for the Nexus7 ... it's publicly available in github ... because it is based on a publicly available OpenSource GPL piece of software ... called cgminer ... oddly that's the same as the Avalon miner ... but which of the 2 companies is pissing around hiding the code?

So far Avalon said they reached their ship date 3 weeks ago (which means they had the source code then, that is necessary to meet the license requirements for anyone who got an Avalon) but still no sign of the code.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
February 08, 2013, 06:32:14 PM

Ha, this made me laugh.

He rises from the dead to post in the BFL thread while ignoring all the questions in the Avalon threads. Good choices BitSyncom Wink

Me too.

Welcome to Deadwood!!!

When I think of Avalon it reminds me of dinner time at home when I was a kid, every night Mama made two dinners for the family...  they were, Take it or Leave it!

CS just doesn't appear to be a priority for them and I guess when demand exceeds supply by several multiples you can really do whatever the hell you want LOL.  IMO its probably not the best long term business model but meh maybe the western idea of CS is outdated and I'm just old and crazy and this is the wave of the future!

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
February 08, 2013, 05:29:55 PM
Feb-2

Hey Josh,

damn shame Smiley

I'd be pissed off at both.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
February 08, 2013, 05:29:09 PM
Feb-2

Hey Josh,

damn shame Smiley

Exactly.

Thumb through Kano's posts and anyone can get the picture.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
February 08, 2013, 05:19:24 PM

Ha, this made me laugh.

He rises from the dead to post in the BFL thread while ignoring all the questions in the Avalon threads. Good choices BitSyncom Wink
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
February 08, 2013, 05:11:59 PM
Feb-2

Hey Josh,

damn shame Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: