Pages:
Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 2. (Read 5350045 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
So let's summarize: I can use BrainsOS+ on solo pool and there was a proof that this software can find block. Am I correct?

I'm using different software for my antminers because of custom cooling and I want to protect the device if that cooling will fail (also autotuning option convinced me). I cannot do this on Bitmains software as it has disabled any access into it (tried to ssh and telnet but without success) and without fans it won't start. I know that with access to shell with root I can "cheat" any sensor to make it run  (I'm linux daily user and DevOps engineer so I believe I have enough knowledge to do this).

I heard about Vnish which is using open source software under the hood but I can be wrong.

Do you have any suggestions how to solo mine "the right way"?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Yes - as NotFuzzyWarm stated it is now allowed for that exact reason.

The main issue with most if not all miner developers, is they are hackers without any tertiary computer education, and haven't worked in the computing field doing any sort of critical software development.

They wont test their software properly and expect problems to be the problem of those paying exorbitant fees for the software.

So here, with hack firmware like the apollo and braiins, I required them to find a >32 bit share before risking them running on pplns - since mining on pplns is forcing sharing that risk with everyone else on pplns.

Also, for the same reason, since I'm the largest miner on the pool, I don't want to be sharing my rewards with people running untested software that might throw away blocks.

Bitcoin mining is abound with known license violations and hack software.
To be blunt, I don't know of anyone who doesn't fall in that category (except me)
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
AFAIK that changed in 2022 when a solo miner running it produced a high enough share (>32bit) to verify that Braiins can indeed work at the diffs needed.
So as I'm reading this topic, BrainsOS+ cannot find block on solo mining? I'm currently testing it on s9 but I'm confused after your (kano) post that BrainsOS+ is not suitable to find a block
Um just *where* did you see that?
Braiins works here just fine. In fact in the early days of Braiins, it was only allowed on solo and not allowed on the main pool. Why - because the devs refused to offer any proof of it being able to find a block. Only once it was proved that Braiins could find a block it was it allowed on the main pool.

here is kano post about BrainsOS+:

You can run that miner on solo mining here.
The non+ version is also free to run.
It's restricted on PPLNS since no one seems to ever report if the code actually finds blocks, and like all the hack firmware out there, the developers aren't interested in testing it either, they leave that as a problem for the people who use it.
legendary
So as I'm reading this topic, BrainsOS+ cannot find block on solo mining? I'm currently testing it on s9 but I'm confused after your (kano) post that BrainsOS+ is not suitable to find a block
Um just *where* did you see that?
Braiins works here just fine. In fact in the early days of Braiins, it was only allowed on solo and not allowed on the main pool. Why - because the devs refused to offer any proof of it being able to find a block. Only once it was proved that Braiins could find a block it was it allowed on the main pool.
legendary
Hello, I'm testing solo mining on kano pool. I've switched from ckpool and I have question:

On ckpool I had pretty high latency (100-200ms) but on kano connecting to server in Germany I've around 25ms. Also as first backup pool I've set up to server in Netherlands (around 30ms latency).
Is latency between miner and pool matters on solo mining? (In case of finding block of course)

Indeed the faster your share gets to the pool and it verifies it then sends out the block to the network,
the less likely it will be stale and/or orphaned.

That's why we have 9 nodes around the world for both receiving your shares faster
and also distributing blocks around the world as fast as possible
- most likely faster than any other pool since we don't even send the blocks,
we only send a single tiny share to all the nodes so they can send the blocks out to everything in their area as fast as possible.
Hello, I'm testing solo mining on kano pool. I've switched from ckpool and I have question:

On ckpool I had pretty high latency (100-200ms) but on kano connecting to server in Germany I've around 25ms. Also as first backup pool I've set up to server in Netherlands (around 30ms latency).
Is latency between miner and pool matters on solo mining? (In case of finding block of course)
legendary
Well my only guess would be check the username, since it's case sensitive.
I have it on an iPad and it's working at the moment.
Activity: 2
Hi, is there still an app that works for iPhone. Cheers
Yes the one listed on the first post.
There's Apps to get pool info and monitor your miners.

Apple App:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ckpool-stats-iphone-app-1344360
(enable search for iPhone Apps)
It's by VH

Yeah, found that, loaded it, put my user and api key in and does not appear to be working. Unless I've inputted info in wrong which seemed simple enough, trying to use the Kano info.
legendary
Yes the one listed on the first post.
There's Apps to get pool info and monitor your miners.

Apple App:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ckpool-stats-iphone-app-1344360
(enable search for iPhone Apps)
It's by VH
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Congrats @kano nice to see  Grin
Activity: 50
Merit: 11
Congratulations to @kano, the block finder and all the PPLNS miners.

If I am not mistaken, the solo pool is relatively new. It started at the end of 2021. I don't think many people are aware of this fact and hence the low hashrate. The PPLNS pool was there since the begining.
The solo pool did mine a first block (block 706,643) when kano was testing it for reliability and he give it all away to the PPLNS pool miners! Shocked

Now let's see a solo pool block! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1490
Merit: 1021
congrats on finding the block kano miners & kano!  Grin
legendary
Payout for block 824284 has been sent and the transaction has it's first confirm also.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
@everyone PPLNS BLOCK!!! kano.is 824284  Grin

Yeeeeeah  Cool Grin

Congrats to all the PPLNS miners and to the block finder @nalien2000  Cool

Wish us more blocks before the halving, and of course, a first solo one too! 
legendary
@everyone PPLNS BLOCK!!! kano.is 824284  Grin
legendary
All rewards go to the pool wallet first - like the last 2434 blocks.
Hi Kano,

I recently joined your pool as a solo account and I wonder how block rewards work

Is it the same as PPLNS mode (you receive the rewards then pay miners) or do we directly get the rewards on our adress without going through yours ?

Thanks
Alex
Pages:
Jump to: