Pages:
Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 9. (Read 5350045 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
There are various names for it, but what it means is if your miner requests to use the block version number to increase it's performance.
When you connect to the pool, your miner has to request a version mask to do this.
Sometimes referred to as asicboost or other such names, but it simply uses the block's version number bits to do it.
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Kano,
Can you elaborate on this statement from the help section on your pool?

"If your miner has block version enabled it will also say 'Bv'."

What exactly does that mean or do?

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I’ll try to flash it to the lastest version on antminer website, but to me it looks like 100% a stock fw.  I can’t upload picture here without hosting picture somewhere otherwise I’d show you a screenshot of the main page.

Maybe the new fw will work?

Thanks
legendary
Oh looks like you posted before my edit.  It’s running the stock fw
Alas it is not running the stock fw
Oh looks like you posted before my edit.  It’s running the stock fw
legendary
Hey!

I just joined the solo pool with one machine right now.  I’ve set it using the informations on the home page (so did a copy paste from my accounr) and the worker doesn’t appear in the “workers list”.

My S9i is connected and hashing on the pool tho.  Solo mining if it helps.

Any ideas?
Since you are running an aftermarket firmware that violates the cgminer license, it wont work.
Being the only main developer left and active on cgminer, I have (for many years) blocked such firmware on the pool
(as it says on the homepage)
Hey!

I just joined the solo pool with one machine right now.  I’ve set it using the informations on the home page (so did a copy paste from my accounr) and the worker doesn’t appear in the “workers list”.

My S9i is connected and hashing on the pool tho.  Solo mining if it helps.

Any ideas?

Edit:
So the stratum says “dead” while hashing, so I’d guess I’m hashing somewhere else?
I’ve tried the main stratum, phoenix, atlanta, and losangeles with the same results.
Stock S9i fw
legendary
Meanwhile, the pool is growing again.
Well 5.2PH of A1264 93+TH miners on PPLNS for the foreseeable future.
Lets see where this goes Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Posts Deleted Again? ...

FFS Seriously!
You posted asking someone for a list of other pools.
Do that in PM not here.

I will Try this Pool @Kano - testing it to see how it goes.

Is there any hints on what I could do to Maximize the opportunity to help with HashRate here?

Machines are varied, but Mainly BitMain Antminers for the Time Being.

Any help would be appreciated - Stock FirmWare for the Time being on All Machines.

#crysx #cwi
Hash rate is up to your miner Smiley
Though if you pay for an aftermarket firmware, they will take some of your hash rate, but most get blocked by the pool here.

Reducing stales is by mining to the closest node to you - see the list on the main page https://kano.is/
You can do a standard ping to them all except one: or.kano.is

Miners should point directly to the pool since going via somewhere else will increase latency, increase stales and have a higher risk of orphan or stale blocks.

If you have 2fa enabled, on the workers page you can see exactly where your miner is mining from and to, and can also see if it has connected with block version enabled (some call asicboost)

Thanks Kano ...

So actually publishing Names of other Pools is OK - but asking for them is not?

OK!

I will set a few test machines, but the firmware is stock so there is little I can actually do in terms of changes tothe FirmWare. Our devs don;t mess with FirmWare but We are looking at what makes it tick to remove any percentage based Miners - which is down the line here anyway, not in the near future.

Solo is interesting, as I have tried to Solo in various ways and have not had it work. I am obviously doing something wrong and will attend to that more at a later date also. too Many personal things going on with Health/Hospitalization.

@PhilipMa set a post that detailed points of interest in detail and that helped a great deal, even for a Veteran Miner like Me, in another Thread. I know this Pool may work differently to others, hence the request for More information, but overall it would be Nice to be able to Spread the HashRate over Multiple Pools and Systems without focusing on one. Unless of course it is a small HashRate that the Pool has anyway.

I will attend to this in the coming weeks @Kano.

Thanks Again!

#crysx #cwi
legendary

Is there any hints on what I could do to Maximize the opportunity to help with HashRate here?

Any help would be appreciated - Stock FirmWare for the Time being on All Machines.

#crysx #cwi
Hash rate is up to your miner Smiley
Though if you pay for an aftermarket firmware, they will take some of your hash rate, but most get blocked by the pool here.

Reducing stales is by mining to the closest node to you - see the list on the main page https://kano.is/
You can do a standard ping to them all except one: or.kano.is

Miners should point directly to the pool since going via somewhere else will increase latency, increase stales and have a higher risk of orphan or stale blocks.

If you have 2fa enabled, on the workers page you can see exactly where your miner is mining from and to, and can also see if it has connected with block version enabled (some call asicboost)

Posts Deleted Again? ...

FFS Seriously!
You posted asking someone for a list of other pools.
Do that in PM not here.
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Posts Deleted Again? ...

FFS Seriously!

#crysx #cwi
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
Can I join the discord group plz?Still have a lot of questions.

Having this question in mind all the time, just cant help to ask: If I want to tweak the cgminer a bit myself, I only need to do it within the cgminer package and upload it to the Pie, am I right? Or do I have to make a new image file?
Discord is probably having a similar problem?

When you connect to discord read the first pinned message:
Tell me (in discord) the Discord key from kano.is and I'll give your discord account a role.
That will stop discord timing you out of the channel if you are having problems.
However, you must be logged in to discord when I give you the roll, discord wont allow me to give you a role unless you are in the kanopool channel at the same time as I give you the role.
I could stay in the channel for a few minutes before getting booted.I'll keep trying to join, if you come across Ritz#7055, plz give me a role.

Having this question in mind all the time, just cant help to ask: If I want to tweak the cgminer a bit myself, I only need to do it within the cgminer package and upload it to the Pie, am I right? Or do I have to make a new image file?

Tell me (in discord) the Discord key from kano.is and I'll give your discord account a role.
That will stop discord timing you out of the channel if you are having problems.
However, you must be logged in to discord when I give you the roll, discord wont allow me to give you a role unless you are in the kanopool channel at the same time as I give you the role.
forgot the discord key.
Its e720b87b
legendary

Activity: 20
Merit: 1
I registered kano pool.Account->settings led me back to homepage and logged me out,

Web site times out after about 15-20 minutes idle - you need to login again.
It's like a bank, but can often store more money than a typical bank account, so security is tight.

Edit:
I just checked your web access, and it would seem that your device isn't responding to the web server all the time.
It's getting a HTTP 408 happening each time you were logged out - which means there's some timing issue at your end replying to the web server.
I solved the account problem with my phone after a dozen relogs. Guess it had something to do with my SSR.
legendary
I registered kano pool.Account->settings led me back to homepage and logged me out,

Web site times out after about 15-20 minutes idle - you need to login again.
It's like a bank, but can often store more money than a typical bank account, so security is tight.

Edit:
I just checked your web access, and it would seem that your device isn't responding to the web server all the time.
It's getting a HTTP 408 happening each time you were logged out - which means there's some timing issue at your end replying to the web server.
Activity: 22
Hi,
When did this pool mined a Solo block last time? i looked at Last 108 Blocks an can only find pplns pool mined blocks back to 2018. Huh

the pool has only recently added solo mining - I dont know the exact date but it was this year if I recall.
ohh i did not know that, thanks, have only mined on ckpool
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
Hi,
When did this pool mined a Solo block last time? i looked at Last 108 Blocks an can only find pplns pool mined blocks back to 2018. Huh

the pool has only recently added solo mining - I dont know the exact date but it was this year if I recall.
Activity: 22
Hi,
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Dock.io
I am going to check out this solo pool.   I didn't know this was still in action.  Using your forked cgminer as well, thank you for that Kano!
Pages:
Jump to: