Pages:
Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 6. (Read 5350045 times)

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
We are MinerBox mining pool monitoring app team, and we have received multiple requests from our users to add kano.io mining pool in our app. We have tried to contact you via your Discord support channel, but unfortunately, we got banned without any apparent reason.

We believe that our cooperation will benefit both parties, as it will allow your miners to monitor their mining progress easily and efficiently through our app. If you are interested in working together, please let us know and we can discuss further details.
For a user to add their information to your monitoring app all they need to do is supply you with their API key.

That can be found under Account > User Settings. Right at the top of that page is their current user API key. With that a monitoring app can poll the pool for the users current stats.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I guess English is not your native language?

The title of the discord channel says "https://kano.is/ Bitcoin only Smiley advertising/buy/sell messages will get you banned ..."
Activity: 30
Merit: 2
Hello KanoPool,

We are MinerBox mining pool monitoring app team, and we have received multiple requests from our users to add kano.io mining pool in our app. We have tried to contact you via your Discord support channel, but unfortunately, we got banned without any apparent reason.

We believe that our cooperation will benefit both parties, as it will allow your miners to monitor their mining progress easily and efficiently through our app. If you are interested in working together, please let us know and we can discuss further details.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
MinerBox Team
legendary
Kano,
How come we can no longer see all the Pool Workers on the website?
Because a while ago a certain asshole started a vendetta against Kano when he did not get answers that fit with their view of how things work or more to the point how they want things to work decided to post the entire list of users here. While not directly a security issue it *did* give potential hackers a nice list to try using for attacks.
The odd thing about this is that he's directing his malice at the pool miners.
So I'd think that the hate zone towards him would be very high now.

The effect on the pool itself is minimal since I've had to deal with such bot attacks a number of times even last year,
and my pool code handles them quite well.

Well shit, it is always the one the screws it up for the masses!
Well I did update KDB a few weeks back and it now has an opt in to show your hash rate on that page.
However it assigns you a random string for your username on the page - which you see on the Account->User Settings page if you opt in.

So it no longer lists login usernames there (except for a very few certain 'safe' accounts)

Also added a new 'T' share page that shows all the recent T shares on the pool.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
One before 500 days would do just nice.  Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
Yeah in October 2021 I joined your pool 2 weeks before the block was found (on PPLNS)

It was so nice  Grin

I will never quit a pool when the pool's block % is more than 100
legendary
Well I'll be shortly running around 9PH here on PPLNS.
I've been running over 5PH on PPLNS since the beginning of July.
So no idea why I'd shut the pool down Smiley

If you understand mining, it's the Block% number that matters.
Currently, overall, on combined solo+pplns hash rate, as you see on the web site:
Shares:  80,483,054,803,321 (262.01%)        Pool:  480d 7h 19m

So I guess I'd ask, would you quit mining on a pool that reaches 260% on a block?
If so you'd have to quit mining on every pool Smiley
260% is average 1 in 13.5 blocks on every pool.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
 479d 23h 25m since last block I wonder if it will break 500 days!

Kano is there a point you will stop providing pool service if a block is not found going forward?  I'm interested to know your view on it as at some point miners will all leave if a block is not forthcoming I would presume? which would only increase the variance further?

Hope your keeping well Kano!
Activity: 71
Merit: 16
Kano,
Because a while ago a certain asshole started a vendetta against Kano when he did not get answers that fit with their view of how things work or more to the point how they want things to work decided to post the entire list of users here. While not directly a security issue it *did* give potential hackers a nice list to try using for attacks.

The effect on the pool itself is minimal since I've had to deal with such bot attacks a number of times even last year,

Well shit, it is always the one the screws it up for the masses!
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
I've had him on 'ignore' ever since he opined in his local-node solo mining thread that I'm some sort of "venom-spitting demon with my never helpful and often 'hateful' replies to folks"....  Ja right. One scan through my post histories blows that right back up his backside where it came from...  Grin

edit: btw that ^^ is the most 'hateful' I've ever posted... Shocked oh, and to be clear its *not* Sledge0001 we're talking about though the person has of course piped in there on Sledge's separate thread on the subject.

Yeah I had to publicly ask him not to continue to hijack my thread and cease with his disparaging remarks since in my opinion there is no valid reason for his attack on Kano.

It seems as if he believes Kano is supposed to review everyone's CGMiner code variations /  modifications as well as test them.

Oh well...

legendary
I've had him on 'ignore' ever since he opined in his local-node solo mining thread that I'm some sort of "venom-spitting demon with my never helpful and often 'hateful' replies to folks"....  Ja right. One scan through my post histories blows that right back up his backside where it came from...  Grin

edit: btw that ^^ is the most 'hateful' I've ever posted... Shocked oh, and to be clear its *not* Sledge0001 we're talking about though the person has of course piped in there on Sledge's separate thread on the subject of mining to your own node.
legendary
Kano,

legendary
Kano,
Because a while ago a certain asshole started a vendetta against Kano when he did not get answers that fit with their view of how things work or more to the point, how they want things to work, decided to post the entire list of users here. While not directly a security issue it *did* give potential hackers a nice list to try using for attacks.
Activity: 71
Merit: 16
Kano,

legendary
person's code, not a single pool, though the most recent 4 are his pools

solo ck most recent (the user also said it was 2 blocks, though it is unlikely it was 2), then ck was somehow 'only' 'mostly' at fault Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54405218

splns first block - software bug
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20118023

solo ck 2 blocks - software bug
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17012035

This software bug existed in the ckpool code git for 3 weeks where it would lose segwit blocks
the person who reported it claimed they didn't lose a block though, but found it by testing (which as usual ck didn't do)
https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool/commits/526a8f3666d062ad05209f2c75f4fd770e5bc182
He caused the bug
https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool/commits/2aedae4379d5020a3e738771ea4a96c56daca955

fuckhash lost one due to using ckpool code coz the code allowed, but didn't handle, '3' addresses
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12845331
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Escrow Service
Which pool has lost 5 blocks?
legendary
While a lot of people are going on about % solo mining - I'll point out how it can already be done here.

If you want to do 50% of your mining solo and 50% of your mining pplns you simply have two account and point your miners half and half.

If a block is found on pplns then you get your share of the reward based on your pplns hash rate vs the total pplns pool hash rate.
If you find a block on solo then you get all the reward.

You've simply decreased your chances of getting a solo block by 50%, and that 50% is now part of pplns to get some reward for any block found.

So why deal with a pool op who loses block due to negligence (about 5 so far) when, instead, you can run it here on a pool managed by an expert Smiley

Edit: and of course a great low 0.5% fee here on both solo and pplns Smiley
legendary
I have the "Too many failures" message when trying to login from my home network. The only way I can log in is using my phone's data.
How can I address this problem?
Well the bigger question is, what was the initial failure errors reported? Wrong name? Wrong password?
To discourage hacker bots the site blocks too many failed attempts for 'a while' and just sends the Too many Failures msg...
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I have the "Too many failures" message when trying to login from my home network. The only way I can log in is using my phone's data.

Go onto the discord channel and kano will sort you out.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: