Pages:
Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 7. (Read 5350045 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
'Expected' is 100% - it's not 'due'.

Like when you roll 6 dice at once, you will not get a 6 every time, but you are 'expected' to get one.
As you can see on the blocks page, blocks go up and down randomly - and that's the same on every single pool.
Sure, I know what you mean. But in a way, it means 200% equals having thrown 12 dice and still gotten no '6'?
Correct.
The Help->Luck page explains that also.

e.g.
a >100% block is expected, on average, once every 2.7 blocks
a >200% block is expected, on average, once every 7.4 blocks.
etc.

Right now we expect the next block to be 100% from now.
The fact that we are already over 100% has no effect on that expectation either, since block finding is random.
There is no 'due' effect at all.
It's simply averages.
Activity: 938
Merit: 642
Magic

Like when you roll 6 dice at once, you will not get a 6 every time, but you are 'expected' to get one.
As you can see on the blocks page, blocks go up and down randomly - and that's the same on every single pool.
Sure, I know what you mean. But in a way, it means 200% equals having thrown 12 dice and still gotten no '6'?

Kano may be able to answer this better than me, but I suppose this is what it means. At least this is what it should mean by common thinking.
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!

legendary
Hey kano! I've been wondering about some of the stats shown up top on https://kano.is. Is there an explanation somewhere that I've just not found or is it meant to be self-explanatory?

https://i.postimg.cc/LsRR9gHm/kanoi.png

For instance, my 'two' hash rates. Is it something like 5min average and 30min average?
And is there currently 12.33PH/s pointed to your PPLNS pool and 12.41PH/s on the solo pool?

Does the number of shares with percentage of 189.7%, indicates that the PPLNS pool is 89.7% overdue to find a block?
Lots of info on the Help->Stats page.

If you aren't logged in you'll see the pool total since the last block.
If you are logged in you'll see you're mining type since the last block of that mining type.
Pool->Stats shows each hash rate also.

Also that % is actually correct, you will find none of the other small pools show it correctly.
Those other pools, when you cross a diff change, their % magically changes also.
Yet oddly enough, if the pool has done 50% of 'expected' work when you cross a diff change, you haven't magically done some other % due to a diff change Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 5818
not your keys, not your coins!
Hey kano! I've been wondering about some of the stats shown up top on https://kano.is. Is there an explanation somewhere that I've just not found or is it meant to be self-explanatory?

For instance, my 'two' hash rates. Is it something like 5min average and 30min average?
And is there currently 12.33PH/s pointed to your PPLNS pool and 12.41PH/s on the solo pool?

Does the number of shares with percentage of 189.7%, indicates that the PPLNS pool is 89.7% overdue to find a block?
legendary
I would warn anyone to be wary of citb0in due to a bunch of rather worrying issues:

He has posted a list of solo pools, but when I pointed out that he should include this in his valuation of solo.ckpool he has repeatedly deleted it and ignored it. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54405218 It would seem he thinks that people shouldn't know that 'that' solo pool lost a block due to OP negligence, admitted clearly by the OP in that post, and wouldn't payout his part of the full 12.5 BTC block reward (less fee) but only 0.057 BTC to the miner.
You're absolutely wrong. I had overlooked this information but have now discovered it here. Since I see this as valuable information that factually fits in with my thread about the various solo mining pools, I have also included and noted it in the section accordingly. After all, the purpose of the thread is to provide an overview with as much information as possible, so that ultimately each individual can make up their own mind about it. Thanks for the link.
LOL - I commented twice in your thread, the first time your reply is there also:
Firstly, he seems to like the idea that I'm gonna die just after someone gets another block, so they wont get their payout Tongue
and if he then e.g. dies in an accident the coins will never find their way to me because they are lying around on his wallet.

Stop deliberately distorting the context and content. You should learn to quote properly by quoting the entire paragraph. And especially not to make false statements: I never mentioned that I like the idea that you're gonna die. Such statements are slander. I strongly urge you to refrain from such false claims and lies in the future !
Yet you need to mention it twice, in two posts Tongue
(also a 3rd time there but not referencing me)

He makes odd incorrect comments like this about the solo run:
Strangely enough, Kano also regularly resets his database (KDB) after a run, which resets certain statistical data on his website, Kano says he does this for some maintenance purpose.
No idea where that comment even comes from. Maybe he doesn't understand that a single user can reset their 'Best' (but not their 'Best Ever')
It's simply my impression from watching your Discord server for months. You reset your KDB often ...
lol - more than 50 solo fun runs this year ... 2 KDB restarts this year 5-Oct 16-Oct - the one before that was 7-Dec-2021
You are just making up shit.

It's even more worrying that he doesn't even understand rented hash rate as per this comment:
Strikingly also that the hash rate rented with NH for these Runs fails without exception with each run in the middle or decreases and thereupon Kano constantly explains or defends the circumstance.
since they do always complete - as the share total shows in the end - you don't rent miners on fuckhash, you rent 'hashrate'.
Clearly he doesn't understand how fuckhash works, but that's probably due to the fact that he's stated in the post that wont use them.
Such moronic statements do not in any way corroborate any arguments you are frantically trying to build.
And yet your post I quoted is even more stupid - WTF does it matter that I know how fuckhash works ... and on a very few of the 50+ runs have explained it.

Also making random claims about the pool without giving any proof at all (since it's fake)
Someone had even commented and rumored that Hashrate sent to a pool would be diverted for own purposes, but that would mean a shortcoming for all pools, but I had heard it in connection with this pool which is why I mention it here.
I googled for it and found a posting somewhere on reddit iirc. It deserved my attention, so I mentioned it.
LOL - talk about shit posting and making up excuses.

Then these sort of comments which are like - wow - someone is trying hard to think up fake ways to dis the pool ...
Personally, it seems to me that Kano and wiggie45 work hand-in-hand and some internal deals exist for these solo fun runs.
We're gonna make a fortune with this internal deal on these $100 solo fun runs Cheesy
... that certainly gotta be why I've made it abundantly clear that I wont support bigger runs ... right?

Also noticeable is the cooperation with the users "sidehack" (=GekkoScience Compac F developer) and "419mining" (=distribution of the Compac F), there stinks heavily of surreptitious advertising what you read so.
You mean all that time I spend (except with 1 or 2 miners from sidehack absolutely needed to do the software development) I should be doing some backdoor deals with these guys?
At no point did I claim that you were deliberately ripping people off together with them. I mentioned that it is very noticeable how you work hand-in-hand together. There was never any talk of backdoor deals, which you have now mentioned here for the first time, interesting?
Well you have comment after comment, bashing me and the pool and it's full of bullshit.
You specifically say 'some internal deals exist' and 'stinks heavily of surreptitious advertising' so WTF if that supposed to mean then?
You like saying shit like that then pretending it means nothing?

Even in your replies here you've said nothing that makes any sense at all.

These are all in his supposed evaluation of the pool ...
The thread you mentioned reflects my personal opinion, which you understandably do not like. I have justified my opinions on all points, they do not have to coincide with your feelings. You can delete as many posts here in your own thread as you like, you can only impress yourself, as a narcissist you need that after all. Someone who justifies himself non-stop or tries to justify himself spasmodically, suffers from low self-esteem.

Good luck and all the best.

lol and then throw in another one at the end - lol - can't help yourself can you Cheesy

See yet again a post full of bullshit, and you wonder why I want to delete them?

That's it, no more, I will do as I already said further above, delete all your posts.
Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
I would warn anyone to be wary of citb0in due to a bunch of rather worrying issues:

He has posted a list of solo pools, but when I pointed out that he should include this in his valuation of solo.ckpool he has repeatedly deleted it and ignored it. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54405218 It would seem he thinks that people shouldn't know that 'that' solo pool lost a block due to OP negligence, admitted clearly by the OP in that post, and wouldn't payout his part of the full 12.5 BTC block reward (less fee) but only 0.057 BTC to the miner.
You're absolutely wrong. I had overlooked this information but have now discovered it here. Since I see this as valuable information that factually fits in with my thread about the various solo mining pools, I have also included and noted it in the section accordingly. After all, the purpose of the thread is to provide an overview with as much information as possible, so that ultimately each individual can make up their own mind about it. Thanks for the link.

Firstly, he seems to like the idea that I'm gonna die just after someone gets another block, so they wont get their payout Tongue
and if he then e.g. dies in an accident the coins will never find their way to me because they are lying around on his wallet.

Stop deliberately distorting the context and content. You should learn to quote properly by quoting the entire paragraph. And especially not to make false statements: I never mentioned that I like the idea that you're gonna die. Such statements are slander. I strongly urge you to refrain from such false claims and lies in the future !

The paragraph you referred to is:
I would not like to hit a block and have to watch in the blockchain how the reward for my found block would first be paid to Kano (because his payout address is stored and the reward goes to him first) and if he then e.g. dies in an accident the coins will never find their way to me because they are lying around on his wallet. With ViaBTC you wouldn't have to worry about that, even though you can't mine directly with your own address. Because ViaBTC is not a one-man pool and if someone goes down, the store will most likely continue to run because it is a completely different league and dozens of people work there. So I don't want to risk Kano getting my reward and not being able to pay out to me if something would happen to him e.g. him as a person or possibly his pool would be compromised or anything else similarly bad.

Strangely enough, Kano also regularly resets his database (KDB) after a run, which resets certain statistical data on his website, Kano says he does this for some maintenance purpose.
No idea where that comment even comes from. Maybe he doesn't understand that a single user can reset their 'Best' (but not their 'Best Ever')
It's simply my impression from watching your Discord server for months. You reset your KDB often, anyone can see that on your Discord server if they read the history in your channels, go ahead and scroll back in history. I mentioned it because it is noticeable. It was about the KDB which is resetted by the pool operator and not about user-side options, which you try to portray that way. A rogue who thinks evil...

It's even more worrying that he doesn't even understand rented hash rate as per this comment:
Strikingly also that the hash rate rented with NH for these Runs fails without exception with each run in the middle or decreases and thereupon Kano constantly explains or defends the circumstance.
since they do always complete - as the share total shows in the end - you don't rent miners on fuckhash, you rent 'hashrate'.
Clearly he doesn't understand how fuckhash works, but that's probably due to the fact that he's stated in the post that wont use them.
Such moronic statements do not in any way corroborate any arguments you are frantically trying to build.

Also making random claims about the pool without giving any proof at all (since it's fake)
Someone had even commented and rumored that Hashrate sent to a pool would be diverted for own purposes, but that would mean a shortcoming for all pools, but I had heard it in connection with this pool which is why I mention it here.
I googled for it and found a posting somewhere on reddit iirc. It deserved my attention, so I mentioned it.

Personally, it seems to me that Kano and wiggie45 work hand-in-hand and some internal deals exist for these solo fun runs.
We're gonna make a fortune with this internal deal on these $100 solo fun runs Cheesy
... that certainly gotta be why I've made it abundantly clear that I wont support bigger runs ... right?

Also noticeable is the cooperation with the users "sidehack" (=GekkoScience Compac F developer) and "419mining" (=distribution of the Compac F), there stinks heavily of surreptitious advertising what you read so.
You mean all that time I spend (except with 1 or 2 miners from sidehack absolutely needed to do the software development) I should be doing some backdoor deals with these guys?
At no point did I claim that you were deliberately ripping people off together with them. I mentioned that it is very noticeable how you work hand-in-hand together. There was never any talk of backdoor deals, which you have now mentioned here for the first time, interesting?

Then these sort of comments which are like - wow - someone is trying hard to think up fake ways to dis the pool ...
Someone who reads my posts will undoubtedly notice that I research thoroughly and call a spade a spade. I write honestly and if there is something good to report, then I report it. And if there is something bad to report, I report it too. Otherwise, I would not have talked openly and honestly positive about few points about you (tech skills, not your soft skills cause you haven't) on my review.

By the way, the thread with my experience report was not created overnight, as you mistakenly try to create the impression here. I would certainly not make the effort in such a short time to conjure up this concentrated information to specifically dis your pool as you write it here, you are not worth it. The thread has existed for several months and is known to the community.

The thread you mentioned reflects my personal opinion, which you understandably do not like. I have justified my opinions on all points, they do not have to coincide with your feelings. You can delete as many posts here in your own thread as you like, you can only impress yourself, as a narcissist you need that after all. Someone who justifies himself non-stop or tries to justify himself spasmodically, suffers from low self-esteem.

Good luck and all the best.
legendary

He has posted a list of solo pools, but when I pointed out that he should include this in his valuation of solo.ckpool he has repeatedly deleted it and ignored it.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54405218

It would seem he thinks that people shouldn't know that 'that' solo pool lost a block due to OP negligence, admitted clearly by the OP in that post, and wouldn't payout his part of the full 12.5 BTC block reward (less fee) but only 0.057 BTC to the miner.

--

I guess the hundreds of millions of $ in BTC I've paid out so far also count for nothing - lol.

And as mentioned on discord I really wanna know what the conspiracy is here .. please someone, anyone, tell me!
Oh, no did I make a mistake? I even listed 419mining on the site for free ... damn. lol

I can only guess he's too involved with the concept of greed, and can't understand why I really don't care about screwing every satoshi I can out of everyone.
Though I will add that is quite common for people not to understand why I'm not ripping anyone off.
I guess they think: 'they would', if they were in my place so don't understand why I won't?
legendary
@CochnocherCrypto: You are a nice and decent guy, which is why I answer your questions.

I don't want to deny that Kano is technically competent and makes his contribution, that's not the point. I also don't claim that Kano is ripping people off from fun runs and keeping the money for himself, that's ridiculous. The deleted screenshots and posts (which are archived) show Kanos' procedures very accurately, and how non-transparent everything is. It is about the fact that Kano incessantly badmouths others to be able to present himself better, which of course does not work, because the people are not stupid. And this always under a pretext! A common and here in the forum often occurring of his procedures are that he constantly attacks other pool operators because of the word "anonymity", although he himself does everything possible to break anonymity with his forced methods.

Someone who protests against anonymity, but does the opposite himself, seems to suffer from a serious psychotic disorder.

Someone who badmouths transparency and pseudonimity and avoids them like the devil avoids holy water obviously suffers disadvantages from them.

Someone who tries to deflect to other topics, tries to put salt in people's eyes, or even deletes posts as happened here, obviously has something to hide.

Fortunately, the system cleans itself. People are not stupid.

Yeah you have already made claims I'm ripping people off.
You have posts I deleted claiming that.
Anyone can go read them in your thread if they want to.
That's one of the reasons I deleted them.
It contains random bullshit that seems more like trying to attack me without having anything to attack with.
e.g. "fantasy names"
But I will bring up the issue that's actually relevant in all this ... what is he doing? Why is he trying to run his own fun solo run? He wont make anything out of doing it, his option is simply to get a group of people to put a little in and do the same as the fun run here and hope to share a block. So yeah that's all very simple and nice, but I'm hoping that's all it is. I guess we'll see.

Going on such a rampage with those long posts of random rubbish usually implies there's a reason for it ...

I will also add I pointed out in discord that people can read the posts I deleted coz you've posted them in your thread, so they can have a read Cheesy
Just they are waste of space and contain crap, so I don't want them in the thread.

I'm not deflect to other topics, I'm replying to your crap.

You have a thread to post in, so stick to it.
I'll delete any more of your posts here.
Activity: 55
Merit: 13
By the way, we don't post everyone's transaction and bitcoin address publicly - coz that indeed would be Masks off for everyone involved.
That's just a PM to the person running it, but we do list each discord username involved to show how full each run is Smiley

If you want to participate in the Discord server of Kano, it is mandatory to register on kano.is with email address. Then the user has a freely selectable user name and receives there a Discord ID assigned. The user must then send this Discord ID to Kano, so that Kano can then activate this user with the selected nickname in his Discord channel. Without this activation the user will get auto-kicked after certain amount of minutes.

Kano thus knows the IP address from which the user connected to kano.is to complete the registration, as well as the IP addresses for future access to the kano.is website when logging in. By forcing the use of the Discord ID, Kano can uniquely map each Discord nickname to the Kano pool nicknames. He knows at any time that the Discord nickname "example" is associated with the Kano Pool username "ex4mple" and the IP address "12.34.56.78".

So much for the topic drop your pants

There are some truths in what you've said here.... If you want to participate on Kano's discord server - you are correct, you do have to register with an email address. Last I checked - thats fairly straight-forward. Anyone can create a random email address if they'd prefer to preserve their anonymity. As for Kano knowing IP addresses - are you suggesting that most pool owner/operators DO NOT know the IP addresses of their clients/miners? because I find that highly unlikely. However you feel about Kano as a person is however you feel about Kano as a person. However, he has made countless, very impactful contributions to the bitcoin community - so maybe lets just leave it at that? Not really sure what you're trying to accomplish here, but it doesn't strike me as conducive to anything positive.
legendary
Again, as I said, facts, not made up rubbish.
Post deleted again.
... and yes you can post it again wherever you like, as the forum allows, but it's a waste of space and contains made up rubbish, so it's gone from here.

--

Edit: I will add a little follow up just to point out one of the rather obvious issues with his posts about the solo fun run.

Apparently I'm faking multiple discord accounts and having discussions with myself in discord, and own the BTC address listed on the fun run, all so I can make between $10 and $100 per fun run.

Obviously, of course, if all the discord accounts are fake, then I'm sending myself BTC and not making $100 per fun run Smiley

Now considering how much time and effort I put into running the pool, and cgminer, and have one of the lowest fee pools around (and run it at quite a loss), that all seems a way lot of extra effort faking accounts and addresses to make that small amount of money.

I've been here on bitcoin for a very long time - since July 2011.
If you don't trust me, then all good, save yourself and stay away from my pool Smiley

Though I would wonder where this distrust comes from - since I can say without any concern to my conscience that I have never ripped of anyone.
Of course you don't have to believe that.
Bitcoin g33k
^^ Just pointing out that queue1's issue with his Compac-F was solved which a quick discussion on the pool Discord channel. Amazing how that works out eh?

With that we now return to our regular non-poisionous discussions.  Cheesy

glad to hear that queue1 's problem could be solved. However, this still does not change the fact of the arrogant and typical behavior of your head.
legendary
If you want to participate in the Discord server of Kano, it is mandatory to register on kano.is with email address. Then the user has a freely selectable user name and receives there a Discord ID assigned. The user must then send this Discord ID to Kano, so that Kano can then activate this user with the selected nickname in his Discord channel. Without this activation the user will get auto-kicked after certain amount of minutes.

Kano thus knows the IP address from which the user connected to kano.is to complete the registration, as well as the IP addresses for future access to the kano.is website when logging in. By forcing the use of the Discord ID, Kano can uniquely map each Discord nickname to the Kano pool nicknames. He knows at any time that the Discord nickname "example" is associated with the Kano Pool username "ex4mple" and the IP address "12.34.56.78".

lol, you seem to be confusing delusions with reality.

On any pool you connect to they know your IP address.
You can't connect to a pool without using the internet - no matter what delusion you may be under.

Secondly, as I have already pointed out to you before, yes you can connect to discord without giving me a discord key.
It is NOT MANDATORY, you are wrong.
There are people on there in my channel all the time who don't have a role, who have been connected for a very long time.
Edit: 8 at the moment and I'm pretty sure most of those 8 have been connected all year, if not longer.
Please go learn a bit about how discord works.

I encourage people to get a role to avoid problems, that might happen.
It's not mandatory and I have never said it is.
Not sure why you are spouting that.
The exact words on the web site are:
You should get the Discord 'Miner' role, as explained further down,
to help stay connected and remove the 10 minute delay.

The use of giving me the key, my site generates, is also so that you can then discuss your account with me.
Without that key, of course I wont discuss anyone's account with anyone.
I do indeed ensure the privacy of the miners on the pool, and don't publish public lists of their addresses and transactions.

Any site, every pool, you connect to knows your IP address and thus will always know your username vs your IP address.
If you don't want the pool to know where you are, you take the VERY SIMPLE AND EASY steps of using a VPN to access the web site and discord.

Mining, however, like every other pool on the planet, should never be done using Tor or a VPN coz you greatly increase the risk of losing a block due to being an orphan or stale.
Indeed if you must use a VPN, then mine somewhere else, I'm positive everyone else on the pool would not be happy about losing a block coz someone doesn't understand how bad an idea that is.

--

Edit: yes I've deleted your reply - facts - or I delete it.

Have a read ...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61123391

You seem to be upset about that fact that I pointed out how you are publicly posting people's BTC address and transaction.
Well, that's what you do, so ... yeah that's how it is.
Bitcoin g33k
By the way, we don't post everyone's transaction and bitcoin address publicly - coz that indeed would be Masks off for everyone involved.
That's just a PM to the person running it, but we do list each discord username involved to show how full each run is Smiley

legendary
I will point out that we have been running solo fun runs since early this year of 0.0006 BTC each person, for a total of 0.006 BTC per run.

Gives about a 1 in 1040 chance of finding a block - the idea specifically being a cheap lottery ticket,
I've not wanted to be involved in gambling and people losing their house or livelihood, so it's limited to that.

There's often a couple runs each week.

To get involved, it's run in the discord #solo channel for #kanopool - see the link to discord on the home page https://kano.is/

The pool logs make it clear exactly what the numbers are, and anyone can view the detailed web page of each run,
and it is possible to see the full history also.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
Almost everything since the S9 and A10 does asicboost.

Stock S9 doesn't do asicboost, it was added later on to their firmware, the MAJORITY of the S9s I bought from China came with the stock 2017 firmware that didn't have ASICboost, and since most people don't do enough research about mining, I tend to believe that the majority of S9s out there run on non-asicboot firmware.
legendary
Firstly, don't mine from EU to the USA.
Use an EU node, de.kano.is (or nl.kano.is)

Also make sure you use asicboost sha256, that gets rid of any really old crappy miners.
Almost everything since the S9 and A10 does asicboost.
FYI S7 and older bitmain miners have a bug in them that can throw away blocks.

Make sure you use the same worker that you have already set the difficulty to 1000000 in Workers->Management
since each new worker you create will have the pool default 8190.

If you still can't get it to work, come visit discord and we'll sort it out.
There's a few people who throw BTC at Fuckhash every so often and have it working,
and we also run a small fun run that works also since the beginning of the year, each person putting in 0.0006 BTC.
The last block we got, I got it mining on Fuckhash (with a special account that gets no reward) testing all this.
Activity: 37
Merit: 5
So you say it's ok to use rentals on Solo. What settings or port do I have to use, because when I use:

Code:
stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333

Nicehash responds:

Pool host stratum.kano.is resolved to IP 66.85.130.202... OK
Connecting to Stratum proxy for region: EUROPE... OK
Selected mining algorithm: SHA256... OK
Sending mining subscribe request... OK
Sending login information... OK
Mining subscribe request successfully completed... OK
Received mining set difficulty... OK
Pool difficulty too low (provided=8190, minimum=500000)... Error
Pool verification process is complete. Tested pool is incompatible!

Edit: Yes, my account is set to 'allow high Difficulty'. And my workers 'Minimum Diff' is set to 1000000
Activity: 60
Merit: 20
kano, first of all my thanks for your great contributions in the development of bitcoin. Wouldn't you like to make a mining pool for other sha256 coins? for example XEC? or other sha256.. to see if we can improve income in these difficult times
The mining pools did not follow your example of transparency, and we are at their good will.
Every altcoin is a scam in my opinion.
I've been involved in bitcoin before any altcoins existed and their creation made it clear that they all are.
Most people just don't know the reasons.
(and altcoins are off topic here also)

Yes. Altcoins are scam at moment in terms:
1. GPU got huge running cost on electric

2. Mining programs don't display the height of block. So, you never can check why you miss a reward once your submit was accepted by pool. It is scam or virus program, I believe.  cgminer got transparency, trusted, very good . Only xmrig display height of block which can be trusted.

3. Mining programs got develop fee, eg 1% or 2%.  Tricky is your best submit may be gripped by the program with other address. It is scam behavious.

4. Some mining programs came from Russian guru. These programs are danger, I believe.

Pages:
Jump to: