Pages:
Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 8. (Read 5350045 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
kano, first of all my thanks for your great contributions in the development of bitcoin. Wouldn't you like to make a mining pool for other sha256 coins? for example XEC? or other sha256.. to see if we can improve income in these difficult times
The mining pools did not follow your example of transparency, and we are at their good will.
Every altcoin is a scam in my opinion.
I've been involved in bitcoin before any altcoins existed and their creation made it clear that they all are.
Most people just don't know the reasons.
(and altcoins are off topic here also)
Activity: 14
Merit: 2
kano, first of all my thanks for your great contributions in the development of bitcoin. Wouldn't you like to make a mining pool for other sha256 coins? for example XEC? or other sha256.. to see if we can improve income in these difficult times
The mining pools did not follow your example of transparency, and we are at their good will.
legendary
Kano,

Any chance you would consider upping the session time / timeout for automated logouts when using the GUI for your pool?

I often keep a browser page open throughout the day as I like to check in on my miners but end up getting logged out frequently.

Please consider this!
It's currently 24 minutes - PHP default.
Considering it's the equivalent of a bank site (but way more secure, and people can have way more in it) I'd not want to make it any longer.

If you check the #solo channel on discord you see how you can view just your workers with the API, i.e. without logging in.
Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Kano,

Any chance you would consider upping the session time / timeout for automated logouts when using the GUI for your pool?

I often keep a browser page open throughout the day as I like to check in on my miners but end up getting logged out frequently.

Please consider this!

legendary
An FYI to everyone that I've changed the PPLNS fee to 0.5%
While I can keep my 5+PH running, the 0.5% vs 0.9% pretty much doesn't matter for me Smiley

Also, of course, means both solo and pplns are now the same 0.5%
legendary
Well the info is the API (Help->API)
But yeah you'd need something to look at that data and display it.

There's also phone apps that query the API as listed in the first post.
Activity: 938
Merit: 642
Magic
I am mining solo at kano pool for some time now and was wondering if there is some easy option to show the current worker hashrate on a small raspberry pi display and not have to log in all the time to see if the miner is still running. Is somebody using something similar than that?
legendary
Just a little reminder about network difficulty related calculations.

While other pools are stating and have their miners also stating Diff/NetworkDiff

Diff/NetworkDiff is wrong.

It ignores difficulty changes, that dramatically affect the result.

Here we don't do that incorrect calculation, since we keep the necessary information required for the correct calculation.
legendary
A few things about discord Smiley
1) Read the pinned message - it explains how to get a role.
2) Discord times you out for some people who don't have a role.
3) You have to be in the channel to be given a role.

So the pinned message basically says: verify your kano.is account, and get the discord key from kano.is and tell me in discord.
Activity: 46
Merit: 4
Hey Kano!
Discord question--I keep getting booted from the KanoPool Discord and can't rejoin (Brainbrain#8437). I got booted 4x this afternoon in the span of about an hour.
Any ideas why? Is there some setting that I missed?

I sent wiggie45 some BTC to get in on the solo run (#9) and now can't contact him via DM on Discord to send the transaction...

Any help would be...well...helpful!

--brainbrain
legendary
What exactly are you missing from checkpool? ...

in my case the hashrate is not displayed in the upper half - there is 0,0 all the time (even if the last update has just been done)
and in workers/network info the pool hashrate and difficulty is also 0,0
Your API is reporting correctly, and I can see it getting the stats regularly, so the pool is doing it correctly Smiley
Guess you'll have to contact the app people about it.

my bestshare is also not displayed... or is there not the option?  Roll Eyes
That app is a generic pool app, so if you want more features in it you'll have to contact the app people.
As far as I heard, they were quite responsive to Biffa when he got them to fix it to work properly on the pool.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
What exactly are you missing from checkpool? ...

in my case the hashrate is not displayed in the upper half - there is 0,0 all the time (even if the last update has just been done)
and in workers/network info the pool hashrate and difficulty is also 0,0
my bestshare is also not displayed... or is there not the option?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I think the only other one is this: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=ckpool&c=apps&gl=GB

What exactly are you missing from checkpool? On mine it lists all my miners, with their current hash rate and alerts me if one goes offline or drops below a certain threshold.

I think the only thing Checkpool doesn't do that I would like it to do is detect when a block is found. But for most big pools you wouldn't really want that, its only with lower hashrate pools that we get all excited when a block is found.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
does anyone know of a suitable android app to display their own worker details?
i have downloaded the checkpool app, entered the worker api key but still I hardly get any information displayed on the app...
All good.

I'm chugging away again. Smiley

Now just need the BTC gods to throw a block my way!!
legendary
Turns out it's my fault Tongue
There was a notification about this a week ago in amongst a bunch of others not related to the pool servers and a few about the web server that I setup the event in discord about.

Anyway, NYA/NY is pointing to the AL server for now, until they finish their 'network maintenance' that's had the server offline for 1.5hrs now Sad
All good.

Honestly I've never setup a backup pool in minerstat....

Pointing them to the "Hotlanta" stratum manually and that seems to have done it!

I never touched the username only changed the stratum url (the password incorrect may have been incorrectly reported in minerstat)

legendary
The NY server has been offline for about an hour.
I'm awaiting the provider to resolve the network problem with it.

You're 2nd pool should be the Atlanta server so it should have failed over to that one.

If your credentials aren't working, it just means you mistyped it.
Check for spaces on the end and incorrect capitals/lowercase - also if you use a mobile phone, they like to change the first letter.
If you let me know the username or the originating IP I can usually find the typo in the logs.
I respond in discord much faster Smiley
Having an issue getting my 4 x S19Pro's connected to the NY stratum for some reason.

They've been plugging away on here for a bit now so I am not sure what the issue maybe.

Tried the regular stratum and getting an error stating wrong username and password.

No changes were made on the miners. Any idea what maybe going on?

What's odd is my Apollo's are still plugging away using the same credentials.
copper member
Activity: 12
Merit: 1
There are various names for it, but what it means is if your miner requests to use the block version number to increase it's performance.
When you connect to the pool, your miner has to request a version mask to do this.
Sometimes referred to as asicboost or other such names, but it simply uses the block's version number bits to do it.

Thanks guys, much appreciated
Pages:
Jump to: