Pages:
Author

Topic: Karpeles finally getting some Japanese style justice - hang 'em high - page 5. (Read 5401 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

Anyone ignorant enough to leave coins there after the June 2011 "Hack" deserves no sympathy.

~BCX~

Bullshit most ppl are not in BTC from that time!
And next time you trade on some market and that exchange fall I can say the same
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
send him to San Quentin
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust

i found it here too:

https://mega.co.nz/#!w0UXyQRB!-9tWj3o3gPtyIwUgcFIGeUz7u_qDnj7Lk2eCguYrU8Q
legendary
Merit: 1068
is it fake? he was really arrested or no?
Sounds like he was really arrested. There was an article on /r/Bitcoin earlier today stating that the Japanese police were going to arrest him on August 1st, and it looks like they arrested him as planned.

Any verified source? Links? There's alot of spam, but a real source would be nice.

Here was the source I saw on Reddit. It's in Japanese, but translated it sounds like they arrested him.

Ahh i see. Thanks. Well i guess we can just wait and soon enough such big news will surely hit and we'll hear about it non stop. If it's true anyways.

I'm not against that guy getting what he deserve...
Activity: 373
Merit: 252
Sounds like he was really arrested. There was an article on /r/Bitcoin earlier today stating that the Japanese police were going to arrest him on August 1st, and it looks like they arrested him as planned.

Any verified source? Links? There's alot of spam, but a real source would be nice.

Here was the source I saw on Reddit. It's in Japanese, but translated it sounds like they arrested him.
legendary
Merit: 1068

There was a video of him being arrested, but it was deleted off youtube. I saw it before it got deleted so it is real.

Also, the japanese yahoo article of him being arrested has been deleted.

IDK why it got deleted though, that seems fishy to me.

Is this legit? I can't download and watch it.
Activity: 373
Merit: 252
legendary
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
There was a video of him being arrested, but it was deleted off youtube. I saw it before it got deleted so it is real.

legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Karpeles is not gonna end up in jail, ever. Bitcoin business is too new and too many laws which are present in normal companies are being neglected.
In addition there are too many inaccuracies with new technology and security of customers and assets. Fraudsters are really hard to put in jail in general, as an example you can check time spent in jail by Jordan Belfort. So if you think Karpeles gonna be prosecuted and put in jail, well don't count on it.

I think you may be right. Bitcoin is too revolutionary and disruptive that it will take years once it's properly regulated and the forces of order know what to do in any particular case. Right now there are way too many greay areas to operate quickly. If justice is generally slow, with Bitcoin will be a lot slower and tons of people will get away with it.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
I wonder what's running through his mind right now. He sounds like someone with a fundamental disconnect from the rest of the world. Looks like he's getting connected with it whether he likes it or not.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
wow, finally nice!

i guess we will he free again after some days and after he paid some money. but i will wait for the trial  Smiley

even Bush has a quote for Mark:

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Finally, some justice for the Mt. Gox scam. How long is he going to be imprisoned for?
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Looks like the Jap cops are going to hit him for fraud.  while I don't have a crystal ball, I think that dick deserves it.  Japan should send him to the US where he'd get a real good long sentence and they'd put him in jail right away.  Maybe they could put him in the cell right next to Ross the Pirate.  In Japan, he'll be in the court for 8 years and then he'll only get 5 weeks of light scolding by an angry old lady.  Cakewalk.

http://www.coindesk.com/report-tokyo-police-seeking-fraud-charges-against-mt-gox-ceo/
Why would they send him to America? He is a citizen of France and never been an American citizen, I don't think they could extradite him if they wanted to.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
Why would they send him to America? He is a citizen of France and never been an American citizen, I don't think they could extradite him if they wanted to.

Oh - you missed that whole FIFA thing - eh?  US will extradite anyone they damn well please.  They don't give a flying fuck where you did the crime.  If the crime 'touched' American - you'll be in a SuperMax prison before you can shout 'diplomatic immunity!'. 
Pages:
Jump to: