Pages:
Author

Topic: Karpeles finally getting some Japanese style justice - hang 'em high - page 7. (Read 5401 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Leave Poor Mark Alone

copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
the article doesn't seem to indicate that the Japanese have enough evidence to arrest him. so don't get your hopes up. I wonder if they'll ever arrest him without having him withdraw the stolen coins.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I was excited having read the title, thinking Karpeles will finally get jail time. I cannot find an alternate source for this piece of news? I read the article again:

"The Tokyo Metropolitan Police is reportedly pursuing criminal charges against Mark Karpeles"

This is speculation. Karpeles is still enjoying his frappuccino every morning while mixing he coins. Does the Japanese police have enough evidence to charge him for fraud? They need solid evidence to prove he did it, not weak evidence to proof he may have known coins were being stolen but failed to do anything about it.

he is a poor guy.

He is a rich guy, goxed customers are poor.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
Looks like the Jap cops are going to hit him for fraud.  while I don't have a crystal ball, I think that dick deserves it.  Japan should send him to the US where he'd get a real good long sentence and they'd put him in jail right away.  Maybe they could put him in the cell right next to Ross the Pirate.  In Japan, he'll be in the court for 8 years and then he'll only get 5 weeks of light scolding by an angry old lady.  Cakewalk.

http://www.coindesk.com/report-tokyo-police-seeking-fraud-charges-against-mt-gox-ceo/
Pages:
Jump to: