Pages:
Author

Topic: Keeping A Record Of Your Losses Will Make You Realize To Stop Gambling - page 11. (Read 1273 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
You see, I have tried this technique in the past with no fruitful results, and it is countereffective many times because once you see how much you have lost, you would want to gamble more to recover them back Tongue that's how it all works, because you would stop for a moment or so thinking about your loss and then when the urge will come again, the same resistance will act as a fuel to further gamble xD

This is very true, keeping a record of your losses will not help you stop gambling instead, it will only fire up the desire to recover them. There may be very few people who are successful using this technique but most people I know who tried it would say it isn't a good way to stop gambling. It may let you think for awhile r stop for a while because you've realized you've lost more than what you expected but in most cases instead of stopping you'll continue and try to recover what you've lost.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
What do you think, will Keeping A Record Of Your Losses Will Make You Realize To Stop Gambling?
After seeing that you could have bought a new motorbike or buy an expensive watch on all your losses that you have computed.
^ If you are in gambling just because of the money you probably need this but if your purpose is to have something fun activity, tracking down your losses is not necessary. I saw a thread last day similar on this thread talking about making a spreadsheet for the purpose of taxes. Probably that is good because you will know how much your losses at the end of the game but there is a disadvantage. You will probably chase your losses and it will cause addiction in gambling. Nevertheless, always remind your self that only gamble of what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
I've used it to quit smoking by simply calculating the net loss so I'd say it works.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
What do you think, will Keeping A Record Of Your Losses Will Make You Realize To Stop Gambling?
After seeing that you could have bought a new motorbike or buy an expensive watch on all your losses that you have computed.
we can use this thread as a reference
 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/do-you-keep-a-spreadsheet-for-you-wins-and-losses-for-tax-purposes-5227963 in which answers are being shared about having a spreadsheet or record to be related.

and besides i think this will not help Regular or those addicted gamblers to stop,instead the eagerness of winning back again those losses(of course winning is not right term to use in gambling) and will continue giving them a lust that they must win the next time and will cut the losing streak.

for me i prefer not to make one,and just make my happiness memorable by fun and not by money.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
there is a simillar thread on here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/do-you-keep-a-spreadsheet-for-you-wins-and-losses-for-tax-purposes-5227963  .   however the only difference from his thread to yours is he is talking about taxed and he include wins on his listings but here you are only tracking about your losses    .  tracking looses is bad in my opinion because this makes us lead to being greedy or not contented because we will end up betting again and again just in the hopes of recovering what we already lost  and i think its not verry possible to recover them all   . i never attempted it but i only gamble win or loss and call it a day  
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
I don't really keep a written record but mentally counting my previous losses was actually one of the reasons why I decided to lay low on gambling and set my priorities. We have different ways to look at our losses and some might even see it as an extra motivation to keep going until they win it all back. Others could come up with a different computation like checking net loss from gambling for the month.

On the flip side, will keeping a record of your winnings only makes you continue to gamble?  Grin

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
You see, I have tried this technique in the past with no fruitful results, and it is countereffective many times because once you see how much you have lost, you would want to gamble more to recover them back Tongue that's how it all works, because you would stop for a moment or so thinking about your loss and then when the urge will come again, the same resistance will act as a fuel to further gamble xD
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Pages:
Jump to: