Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 17. (Read 41077 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 22, 2019, 06:00:13 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Hold is only for the stocks or coins which we trust a lot. Just like bitcoin, we can hold in a long term since we know that it might go up soon. But it will not always be the same thing. Once you hold a coin which is garbage, your investment may also be a waste for you. Sometimes we need also to know when we cut our loss because it may limits us from a deep loss.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 22, 2019, 05:55:03 AM
why do most of them suggest staying in the long run because everyone expects an increase in the market from the market that fell last year, reasonable beginners are easily shaken because there is still little experience
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
April 22, 2019, 05:43:35 AM
Hodling is a big decision to make, and mostly of the people in this community are more favor in holding because so many of them that are succeeded because they used this strategy. But this strategy is not a mandatory so you can decide on your own.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
April 22, 2019, 01:10:57 AM
we all tend to panic when everything we see is red and is down grading.. specially when you invest to much from it...its all natural to expect profit..but as far as holding is concern one must sense timing that for me is important, when you sense that you need to sell it for security purpose then go on rather than keep holding yet its devaluing your coin.. but if you want to hold it for reason of long time profit then there's nothing wrong with it.
copper member
Activity: 349
Merit: 0
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
April 22, 2019, 01:02:11 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?

Holding ain't a bad idea but it also depends on what Altcoin you are actually holding. When I intend to hold a particular Altcoin I always monitor and I make a decision to sell when it reaches a particular %profit
Activity: 111
April 22, 2019, 12:27:44 AM
That is the set of mind of those who trade on "stocks" cryptocurrency is different most of the trader of stocks see bitcoin as a "bubble" but in reality they have no idea what bitcoin is.

We normally suggest HODL only if that coin is worth to hold like Bitcoin, ETH etc.

Its not that we are not losing our money most of us here are BTC holders so whenever you got loss its the same for us, the difference is we trust while most of you do panic selling and other people are enjoying to buy on your cheap prices.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 257
Chainjoes.com
April 21, 2019, 11:09:42 PM
I am one of the people holding my coin from 2017,
for me for beginners who already hold their coins and lose a lot, it's better to wait for the market to recover, this is the best choice,
forget and come when the market is back to normal.
this can keep emotions stable and avoid stress.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
April 21, 2019, 10:39:59 PM
Generally i wait for my assets to grow like 3 or 4 times depending upon market and then i stop the HODL urge. I know i could had made more profit if i could still HODL it but who knows the other story could also be there of "Loss". I an middle class average person who toil day and night, so for me getting a 300% return is not bad.
Activity: 345
April 21, 2019, 10:37:41 PM
When you have a decision to buy an altcoin, you have learned about its information and you have thought that this altcoin will have great value in the future. So make a decision to sell it is always very hard, especially when its price is dropping. The more value drops, the hard to sell Cheesy
but sometimes people also panic if the value of their assets continues to decline. because all altcoins also have the same dynamics towards the crypto market. they could go up, but they could experience a sudden decline.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
April 21, 2019, 10:33:16 PM
Actually we can stop to hold if we think our coins are dont have any value in a future.
Ill think many of us in here holding some shitcoins, Just like me its almost a year now the coins that ill hold are not totally increase the price.
When you have a decision to buy an altcoin, you have learned about its information and you have thought that this altcoin will have great value in the future. So make a decision to sell it is always very hard, especially when its price is dropping. The more value drops, the hard to sell Cheesy
Activity: 1386
Merit: 283
April 21, 2019, 08:57:00 PM
Actually we can stop to hold if we think our coins are dont have any value in a future.
Ill think many of us in here holding some shitcoins, Just like me its almost a year now the coins that ill hold are not totally increase the price.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
April 21, 2019, 08:27:45 PM
Sometimes we have to make hard decisions if we do not want to allow  that a coin takes us down. We have to take the loss and get out of the investment , but if we are extra confident with the project then we can choose the long HODL option.
you are right, we must make the right decision so we don't get a big loss or miss a golden opportunity to get a big profit.

i had missed a great opportunity several times and it made me a little frustrated, but in the future i tried hard not to repeat it. so, we have to do some research before deciding to keep holding for a long time or sell it now.
Activity: 961
Merit: 269
CryptoDirectories.com
April 21, 2019, 08:00:09 PM

What are your thoughts?
in true that in altcoin you need to be smart and know when to stop
holding altcoin is risky especially when the coin you buy is not that popular
Activity: 512
April 21, 2019, 07:49:50 PM
Sometimes we have to make hard decisions if we do not want to allow  that a coin takes us down. We have to take the loss and get out of the investment , but if we are extra confident with the project then we can choose the long HODL option.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
April 21, 2019, 04:25:10 PM

What are your thoughts?
I have long ago decided for myself that I need to trade at different time intervals. That is why I have coins that I accumulate in order to sell in a few years. I also have coins that I hold for several months, that is, trade in the medium term. And of course I do short-term trading.
In general, I agree with the OP that the main thing is to approach any transactions in the market wisely. If the situation is such that you need to change your plan and sell the coin right now (although there was a plan to sell it after 1 year, for example), then you need to do it.
In general, the market for crypto currencies is not the place where there is stability, so you need to be able to quickly make decisions based on the market situation.
Activity: 152
Merit: 30
April 21, 2019, 03:38:43 PM
Speaking to a newbie just hodl make him a current bad. Because anyone who works here must think at the beginning of his head and then hear the opinions of other people. Sometimes you need to sell an asset in order to purchase even lower, thereby increasing the balance, but if they write to a person just hodl, they will not do anything. The one who acts the fastest is always the winner.
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
April 21, 2019, 03:05:49 PM
Yes. You are right. When you talk about holding that not mean you hold for your whole life. You can do it. But that's just a option. Holding depends on holder. In every holding you have to find a point where you can out of that thing. And it's completely depends on those who hold. If you see you got enough profit from a single space and you don't take the risk you can out anytime. And if you want to make more profit and want to take more risk you can stay with it. The choice is yours for that you have to gain the knowledge about the market ecosystem. And you have to do some research on your holdings.
Activity: 426
April 21, 2019, 02:34:57 PM
I am not a greedy person and do not like to wait long.  Because I look at the market, if I have enough interest and I’m at the spit, then I sell everything.
Activity: 886
Merit: 510
April 21, 2019, 02:06:14 PM
I agree. There is no totally risk-free strategy in none of the markets, and hodling blindly can be the wrong strategy sometimes.

BUT...

Hodling the right asset in a generally positive market is the least risky strategy, and sometimes pays up extremely well. You just have to choose well, be patient enough, and have a sell target in mind.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 105
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 21, 2019, 01:22:59 PM
Part of the advisors are right. It is important to understand that a stable HOLD brings much less profit than a controlled HOLD. You can never hope for the case you need to always watch the prices on the stock exchange and make new decisions. If you do not care about cryptocurrencies and you just want to benefit. Then your best option is to invest in the top 5 cryptocurrencies and forget about it.
yes, the investment assumes - long-term contribution , here you need to understand exactly what you want from the market,? quickly raise a couple of bucks, or make a contribution to the future. There are many options.
Pages:
Jump to: