Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 16. (Read 41077 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 100
April 23, 2019, 07:01:19 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Agree with this you must know when you are going to cut your losses, well for example you have 1 btc now and you buy it on the high price then you have a big losses If I were you I'm going to trade that btc so that you will gain profit little by little and when the bull come again you have huge profit or your money would be double or triple no one know what would happen until you try and see the final outcome.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
April 23, 2019, 06:52:12 PM
Sincerely long term holding is a bad advice as long as crypto is involved except you have money that you don't care if lose the bulk of it then you should hodl and hodl forever.
if the money you deposit is one of the valuable money that is awaited because you don't have the capital anymore so you can run it carefully and still not lose your money.
You know when you have to stop for the Hodl and when to continue, to take action of course you have to know the market movements are good enough or not to stop the Hold.
Activity: 84
Merit: 5
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
April 23, 2019, 06:46:06 PM
We must admit that this market is so uncertain, that in the face of uncertainty many assume that the best option is to take few risks, and without a doubt the simplest strategy is to limit oneself to just holding; However, I think that after the tremendous fall that most coins suffered recently, it has been demonstrated that "Hodl" is no longer a viable option for all, and I think we should already learn to sell at least part of our coins as soon as we get good profits from them.
Activity: 498
Merit: 1
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
April 23, 2019, 06:32:23 PM
Sincerely long term holding is a bad advice as long as crypto is involved except you have money that you don't care if lose the bulk of it then you should hodl and hodl forever.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 459
April 23, 2019, 06:29:15 PM
there are several factors to stop holding coins, one of which is when we lose too much money, or when prices drop far from the target price interval when we make a purchase.
Activity: 431
Merit: 18
April 23, 2019, 06:21:18 PM

It is important to know when to cut your losses and move on because some altcoins will only have little fluctuations or  volatility in the price and only give few gains so if you have invested in a coin like that or token and you have analysed it for sometime it is better to sell it off and invest in a better Project.
Investing in cryptocurrencies is not always about holding and sometimes trading between different cryptocurrencies can be a lot more profitable than holding long term
Activity: 276
Merit: 10
April 23, 2019, 05:36:49 PM
Holding is more or less a decision thing. To make it big in crypto space, one should learn to hodl. But the most important thing is being smart enough to know when to sell your investment. In this crypto business one should learn to take profit when reasonable without being greedy. Greed kills.

In this issue there is no universal strategy, it is necessary to act on the situation. Sometimes it is better to make a profit of 10-20% than to wait for several years of growth and end up with losses.
And sometimes it is better to wait and earn x10-x20 from the initial investment.
It is necessary to carefully study the project and evaluate its capabilities.
And it's better not to risk it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
April 23, 2019, 05:20:50 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Of course you need to intelligently distribute yours investments. Of course, some promising coins need hold. You also need to constantly trade (if you want to constantly receive income from your investments). Only trading will give you the opportunity to make money in any market situation and at almost any time.
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
April 23, 2019, 05:07:29 PM
There's nothing easier than hold. Therefore everyone is saying that you should do your research before you buy some coin. Because you are responsible for your funds and therefore it is also necessary to choose the moment for sale too.
Activity: 331
April 23, 2019, 04:39:20 PM
Holding is more or less a decision thing. To make it big in crypto space, one should learn to hodl. But the most important thing is being smart enough to know when to sell your investment. In this crypto business one should learn to take profit when reasonable without being greedy. Greed kills.
Activity: 616
April 23, 2019, 04:28:56 PM
As a beginner, you must learn first before investing in Cryptocurrency because if you don't get lost, there is a lot to learn about Coin on the market. Buying good coins and further ecosystem analysis can be decided whether it is feasible or not. a lot of risk and be aware of fraud, we are all here together studying.
Activity: 266
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
April 23, 2019, 02:24:06 PM
If you have studied the cryptocurrency market very well, you always know when to keep the coins that you earned or invested in, and when to start selling.
The success of your actions may depend on the decision you make.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
April 23, 2019, 01:28:03 PM
Each person has his own strategy. Someone likes to trade and make a hundred transactions a day (iron people, I can not do that). Someone likes to invest and not sell a coin until it reaches its intended goal (I do). Find something of your own and follow your strategy.
The average of those who hold is an investor, not a trader, because their target is a long time to be able to get a profit, so before doing it, of course they have done research first to be able to determine when the time or price is right to sell.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
April 23, 2019, 12:51:06 PM
Each person has his own strategy. Someone likes to trade and make a hundred transactions a day (iron people, I can not do that). Someone likes to invest and not sell a coin until it reaches its intended goal (I do). Find something of your own and follow your strategy.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
April 23, 2019, 12:23:39 PM
Hodling is a big decision to make, and mostly of the people in this community are more favor in holding because so many of them that are succeeded because they used this strategy. But this strategy is not a mandatory so you can decide on your own.
If a person is not engaged in the strategy of arbitrage trading, then almost at the moment of purchase of the asset he becomes a holder. If the question is how long to hold, then for me, it is better to fix half of the asset at the time of double profit. Old and reliable scheme.
Arbitrage is dangerous and has some risks for inexperienced traders. Sometimes, exchanges can maintain the wallets and trader can't deposit or withdraw the coins from the exchanges. The risks don't worth to waste the time.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
April 23, 2019, 12:22:49 PM
exactly, just knowing how to hodl is not enough, knowing when to stop hodling is more important. we often expect the price to keep flying higher and higher but we dont always have it like that, many oif us were dissapointed when the 2018 bull run  ended. i was always thinking it wasnt ending until today, i regretted not being smart enough.
Activity: 180
Merit: 11
April 23, 2019, 12:21:56 PM
My view after the 3-year period of investment and learning about the crypto market is that you can have new perspectives on how to spend crypto for the present. You can buy it and wait for it to make a profit and get it back when you bought crypto, you still have a crypto balance because its value has increased, and the balance you have You can keep and make more profits if you believe in the future, if it drops or loses its value, you lose nothing because you have recovered your previous investment. That's how I operate and invest at this time
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
April 23, 2019, 12:14:06 PM
Hodling is a big decision to make, and mostly of the people in this community are more favor in holding because so many of them that are succeeded because they used this strategy. But this strategy is not a mandatory so you can decide on your own.
If a person is not engaged in the strategy of arbitrage trading, then almost at the moment of purchase of the asset he becomes a holder. If the question is how long to hold, then for me, it is better to fix half of the asset at the time of double profit. Old and reliable scheme.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
April 23, 2019, 11:20:02 AM

What are your thoughts?
Hold is only for the stocks or coins which we trust a lot. Just like bitcoin, we can hold in a long term since we know that it might go up soon. But it will not always be the same thing. Once you hold a coin which is garbage, your investment may also be a waste for you. Sometimes we need also to know when we cut our loss because it may limits us from a deep loss.
I don't agree with this statement and my thought is different on this matter. Stocks are the old way of investing and smart guys bought the shares of the company preferably using the products of the company. Coin investing is not similar to this case.
Activity: 468
The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn
April 23, 2019, 11:16:55 AM

What are your thoughts?
in true that in altcoin you need to be smart and know when to stop
holding altcoin is risky especially when the coin you buy is not that popular
Yes, the advice is not bad if we talk about large investments, but if you talk for $ 10, I think it makes no sense to watch every day - what about the price, it makes sense to just forget them for a few years and look for new coins for investment.
Pages:
Jump to: